who should go and who should stay???

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
arright lemme hear which knicks u think should return next year and which knicks should deft be traded.

heres my keepers...
1. marbury
2. crawford
3. curry
4. david lee

heres the guys who gotta go...
1. malik rose
2. steve francis (for a good big man)
3. mo taylor
4. ime udoka
5. jerome james

the rest i wouldnt mind if they stayed, but if a good trade is offered they shouldnt be "untouchable"

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
sxmarbury516 said:
arright lemme hear which knicks u think should return next year and which knicks should deft be traded.

heres my keepers...
1. marbury
2. crawford
3. curry
4. david lee

heres the guys who gotta go...
1. malik rose
2. steve francis (for a good big man)
3. mo taylor
4. ime udoka
5. jerome james

the rest i wouldnt mind if they stayed, but if a good trade is offered they shouldnt be "untouchable"

i liek the list and i agree wit u 95%, i kinda like channing frye but u did say if a offer coems along and this offer includes KG, good bye Frye...well alot of ppl in here is going against wit u wit stephon but im wit u on this one...and on the guys who gotta go, i would put LARRY BROWN

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
yea i had put down channing frye as a keeper at 1st. but it seems a lot of teams are interested and offering some good players for him. the kid is good and hes got a great attitude but if we could get a kg or a k-mart then why the hell not. plus he took a hard shot to the knee, who knows if he'll be 100%.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
keepers:
-eddy curry
-jamal crawford
-steve francis
-all 3 rookies
-jerome james (don't panic, ill explain later)
-malik rose
-jackie butler
-quentin richardson

goers(?)
-stephon marbury (finally i agree with this)
-mo taylor
-jalen rose

ok, so clear something up, yes i think we should hold on to james a bit longer. we can't really critisize his play from this season, plauged by some injuries, overweight, disciplinary issues, etc. we have seen glimpes, just glimpses of what he can really do out there, most recently against cleveland. a solid back up for curry. marbury has to go, no questions asked. opening up another drama episode with larry brown, this guy just doesnt give up on some things. only brings down other guys down who actually want to listen and get better. malik rose, quentin richardson both good defending vets, and yes q will eventually get his touch from behind the arc back. i dont think i really need to explain why we should hold on to our rookies including butler. as for j. rose, taylor, ime udoka, i think its best if we use their contracts for cap relief purposes. maybe ship them out to a garbage team and get some picks

my projected stats on our team next year (kinda too early to tell but who cares)

our record: 40-42
our starting line up: francis, richardson, m. rose, frye, curry

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Here's the problem with trading Marbury, his contract vs what he's done this year. Not many takers for Marbury unless we push a trade and I dont see that happening. At the same time Francis has been very vocal about moving on if he does not get his minutes. Personally if you compaire the two players I say keep Marbury. Looking at this year alone I think it's safe to say that Marbury has been the most productive of the two. Plus Francis's trade value is up. I personally think he was brought in to be traded this summer after the Kenyon Martin option was off the table.
Francis was the last choice. So here are my picks for who stays and who goes.

KEEPERS
Curry
Frye
Crawford
Lee
Marbury
J. Rose

LEAVERS
M. Roses -expiring contracts
Robinson- problem child
Francis- will be shipped to ATL for Al Harington
Richardson - although he's played ok in the end he may be moved if the price is right and because we're guard heavy.

Butler is a toss up. He could be moved for trade value or he could stay becasue he's had a decent season. No one else really matters. We're stuck with Jerome James. May be we can trade him in 08.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
keepers:

Crawford
Q-Rich
Frye
Butler
Curry
M. Rose
D. Lee

to get rid of:

Marbury
Francis
Taylor
J.Rose
James

I would trade those 5 players by any opportunity

Woods
Robinson
Udoka

For these 3, I would give them a chance to develop, but if its necessary, Nate could be packaged in a deal