who should the knicks pick up?

NYKnicks15

Starter
there will be many moves. and i say this not just because our team sucks but because i know larry and isiah are planning on them. theyve said so and you have to believe with two expiring contracts, two draft picks and a MLE this is only the truth.

i think the knicks could be fixed in a few moves.

1. send Stephon Marbury and two draft picks to Atlanta for Al Harrington and their first draft pick. (sign and trade)
2. trade Steve Francis and Jackie Butler to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal
3. sign Mike James or Speedy Claxton with the MLE

Eddy Curry/Channing Frye/Jerome James
Jermaine O'Neal//David Lee//Malik Rose/Maurice Taylor
Al Harrington/Jalen Rose/Qyntel Woods
Jamal Crawford/Quentin Richardson/Ime Udoka
Mike James/Nate Robinson

then you let Maurice Taylor and Jalen Rose EXPIRE. yes EXPIRE. or trade one for a decent guard. or waive them both.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
If Larry Bird makes the second trade, I would fire him if I was the owner. I like the first and third moves. However, I would only agree if Atlanta would return some expiring contracts or at most 2 yrs remaining with Harrington so we don't have to resign him to a ridiculous contract. Personally, I also don't see Atlanta making that trade either. To take Marbury's contract would be ridiculous.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
marbury and harrington are good friends. they know how to play together. to ship steph out to bring in al is kinda defeating the purpose. i dont think we should be focusing on getting more guards like mike james. he didnt even average 6 assists a game. how is that a point guard who can distribute? we need a good shot blocker who will help clog up the paint.

mdelton

Rookie
players the Knicks should get.

I think that one has to be realistic as to what is likely.

Here are the moves I would make.

1) Sign Jackie Butler, he played well enough that some teams are going to be interested in this guy, and face it, by the end of the year, he was our best center.

2) sign Qyntel Woods, a lot of upside, and they can sign him on the cheap.

now on with the trades.

3) trade either Marbury or Francis, we will be lucky to move one, moving two would take a miracle and would have us taking back worse garbage.
What do we trade them for. Kenyon Martin might be available, however, he is available becasue his deal runs another five years and his knees are giving him bad problems. He would help initially, then we would bge stuck with the albatrose of a contract he has.

4) Garnett? Depends on what MN wants. They only won 33 games with him this year, and he is due $20MM per for the next five. To get him the Knicks would have to give up something like Crawford, Frye, J Rose's expiring contract and a couple of first rounders, and we would still be stuck with Francis and Marbury.

5) I think you have to fire Isiah or Larry. Give one or the other control. Isiah created this mess, let him clean it up. But Larry did a lousy job with it, if he is going to fix it, let him have full control. As much as I think Larry Brown is a fantastic coach, and no one is a better teacher, his berate the players public style has always turned players off, and now they don't want to play for him. I think it may be time for Larry to retire, but I do not see him going out like this.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
call me crazy but if the knicks could get kg without giving up marbury or francis id love to see the 3 of them play together. the only bad thing with that could be if the front office is too thick-headed to get rid of larry brown. because i cant see the 3 of them fitting well in his "system". just imagine the starting 5 looking like this...

pg- steve francis
sg- stephon marbury
sf- q-rich
pf- kevin garnett
c- eddy curry

now that is a championship caliber squad, without a doubt.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
sxmarbury516 said:
call me crazy but if the knicks could get kg without giving up marbury or francis id love to see the 3 of them play together. the only bad thing with that could be if the front office is too thick-headed to get rid of larry brown. because i cant see the 3 of them fitting well in his "system". just imagine the starting 5 looking like this...

pg- steve francis
sg- stephon marbury
sf- q-rich
pf- kevin garnett
c- eddy curry

now that is a championship caliber squad, without a doubt.

:rolling: :lol: :rolling:

Championship caliber? You're kidding, aren't you?

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
no german boy im serious. ive been watching the nba for 14 years. if thats the knicks starting 5 next season they would definatly be contenders for the title. maybe u should just stick to soccer cuz u obviously dont know your basketball.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I understand that Indiana is looking to move O'Neil. He has taken a beating playing the 5 spot and he is starting to break down. If we are to get him from Indiana it will take Frye to be included in the deal. If I was Indiana I would go After an expiring contract along with Frye and a draft pick. They would probably also want Curry as well but I would NOT give them both for O'Neil. Harrington is someone I would persue but Atlanta can't afford Marbury.Yes, he went to Georgia Tech, but that "drawing power" insn't enough to make Atlanta spend that kind of cash and on a long term contract like his. I think the more realistic approach is sending him to the Wolves. I think they want to keep KG happy and that might do it. But, who do we want in return? I would think Hudson would be included as well as Griffen in a side and trade. Is that a good enough return for Marbury? I think anything would be good, Marbury has run his course with the Knicks and it is time to move on so.... yes I would do that trade (I might try to get their pick as well). Webber is 1 fall away from retirement and I would hate to be the team paying him to sit like Houston! I think a move for Webber is a HUGE NO NO!!! The Knicks are really just, in my opinion, a few moves away from righting this ship.

jimkcchief88

All Star
We need to worry about getting rid of "Starbury." That's the biggest challange Zeke will have during the off-season. All you guys who think "Starbury" is so great, don't be shocked when we can't give the guy away for a plug nickel. I mean it will be tough getting a low draft pick for "Starbury." If Zeke can pull that off, he should automatically win GM of the year.

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
i find it funny how people dislike marburys attitude and the way he handles things, and they take it out on his play, you guys think he is some sort of joke, like he hasnt survived the league for 10 seasons, like he doesnt score 20 points and 8 assists a game usually. You guys dont like the guy personally so you think hes some garbage basketball player and thats not really right.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
people think they read a few articles in the paper and they automatically know the deal. im just wonderin what u guys were saying around new years when the knicks went on a 6 game winning streak. then stephon gets injured and the knicks couldnt buy a win without him. if u think he should be shipped out for hudson and griffin i think u gotta lay off the crack pipe. better yet if you dont even think hes worth a low draft pick i think u should prolly just kill urself.

portega1968

El Cacique
I'd happily ship Steph to Minny for Eddie Griffin and their pick, and use that pick to get Ronnie Brewer or Rodney Carney or maybe even trade up and get Atlanta's pick and grab Rudy Gay.

Both Francis and Steph should be shipped out. We should sign Mike James and go after Paul Pierce.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Marbury's going nowhere. All of this KG stuff. FORGETABOUTIT!!!! It ant going to happen. Let's talk realisticly.

AL HARRINGTON
SPEEDY CLAXTON

We can get these two guys with out trading Frye or David Lee. But if we are willing to part with Frye we can try to go after Oneal. Therefore setting up a Curry Oneal Harrington Starbury Claxton line up.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
1st and foremost this off season we should sweet talk the t-wolves into trading kg if it dont happen than so be it. but how much longer can the wolves invest in kg to turn them into championship contenders? back in the day marbury and kg were like the stockton/malone of todays nba. reuninting them would immediatly turn the knicks into a force to be reckoned with in the east.

if it dont happen then i'd be willing to part with frye for someone like jermaine o'neal. but can we get him? all depends on how the pacers do in the playoffs.

if the pacers dont wanna trade him then i think our next goal should be bring in k-mart. and if thats the case i would try to hold onto frye. just in case kenyons' knees act up @ least we have a dependable back-up pf. and it shouldnt be too hard to get k-mart since he told off the entire nuggets staff.

as far as paul pierce is concerned dont count on the celtics trading him. theyve said numerous times that they are building their franchise around him. so 4get about it.

mike james did have a good season but if you're talking about taking on jermaine o'neal's hefty contract i cant see their being that much room on our salary cap to bring mike james in. since hes coming off a good season he's gonna be lookin for some big $$$.

i say ship out francis but not steph. it's obvious stephon is playin a lot better than francis. and even more so, with larry brown still making decisions for the line-up he will never let marbury and francis learn how to play 2gether. so i say adios stevie franchise.

i know you're entitled to ur opinion but those of you who say we gotta get rid of stephon are out ur bird. there is only a few people isiah would be willing to trade stephon for and i cant see any of them going thru. marbury for kobe? yea good luck with that one. marbury for kg? doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose of the "reunion" the both of them want. and the last possible prospect would have to be the answer. which isnt completely out the question. they make the same $$$ and after iverson gave up on philly @ the end of the season the sixers might be lookin for a new superstar to take over the team. but then again i highly doubt that...

Trin_Starr

Starter
Yup, Like it or not....Marbury is going nowhere.

His jersey was #3 in sales last season.
This season it was #5

The garden has recorded sellouts most games now ever since Marbury became a knick

Dolan may be basketball stupid, but his is not financially dumb -
Marbury = Dollars
Dollars = Happy Investors

so with Dolan's blessing - there is no way Larry is going to get rid of him - unless of course if it is for a bigger, more marketable name aka Wade, Kobe, Lebron etc.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm all for Francis going but not Steph. The idea of him being traded for Griffen. NO WAY. No more trade for trash trades. You guys need to watch the games. Remember, we didn't start to fall off until Steph got injured. That's got to say something. That says alot. I've posted this a half a dozen times now. We must get Al Harrington and Rushard Lewis and a pg. That's really all we need. To fill the PF,SF, and PG. KEEP MARBURY, move him to SG. Problem solved.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
i agree. we shouldn't give up marbury for trash. i would only trade him for expiring contracts or a coachable star. however, i don't like the idea of putting marbury as shooting guard unless we could get a big point guard. he'll always be a liability on defending the shooting guard position.

KnicksFan112 said:
i agree. we shouldn't give up marbury for trash. i would only trade him for expiring contracts or a coachable star. however, i don't like the idea of putting marbury as shooting guard unless we could get a big point guard. he'll always be a liability on defending the shooting guard position.
Id trade Steph just to get rid of that horrible contract, he just isnt a winner