"Starbury" vs. "Next town Brown": who wo

Starks

Starter
Remember when Stephon promised to tell the media everything on the last day of the season? I remember being scared for my life when he seemed giddy and upbeat on that day. He seemed to know something that the media didn't. I guess we all know why he was all smiles.

I'm all for winning, and with this roster that we are cursed with, I admit that Thomas probably would do a better job than Brown would do. This has nothingt o do with pedigree, its just a matter of players giving up on a coach. Once that happens, the season is already over before it even begins.

As a basketball fan, it hurts that my favorite sports team is assembled with players that swatted away a hall of fame coach. But I'm all for winning, and there is no possible way Brown can come back next season with these underachievers and overpaid has beens. Thomas' only chance to gain back a shred of creditability in the leasgue as an executive is to roll his sleeves up and take care of the mess he created. This is Thomas absolute last chance at remaining a Garden employee, so lets hope the players play harder.

But get this straight: Thomas will NEVER EVER EVER be half the coach Brown has PROVEN to be. This is more about damage control than finally finding the right coach for this city.
And another thing, is it just me, or did you guys get sick of our players also? I mean, I want to have a winning team, but I am so disenchanted with Marbury, Francis, and Nate, that I really have a hard time rooting for them. Its the jersey i support, not those guys. In all honesty their childish anitcs this season made me sick to my stomach.

So who won the war between these two? As of now Brown is still out coach at the time of this blog. But regardless of what happens, we know who the loser is. Its us fans.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't know. We've got to stop harping on the past. Yes Larry Brown was a great coach but he put him self in this situation. There are alot of teams that have alot less talent than our current team, and what did Brown do with this talent? He constantly reminded them of how inadequate they are. He slandered them in the news papers. He took the one player on the team that can score and made him a passive player. He had over 40 different starting line ups this season. Larry Brown has been a miserable failure this year. Creating a real mess and blaming it on every one but him self. The mark of a great coach is COACHING players that are not that great. You shouldn't need a Piston's caliber team to win games. Brown could have and should have done alot more with this team. He took credit for our victories and wanted no blame for our losses. Can't have it both ways. SO here we are! The moment of truth. Will Isiah Thomas bring this group of young players to a competitive level? We all should at the very least hope so. Hope for Isiah to succeed. He has to! And if he doesn't then New York will get what they have been chanting for.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
donchris said:
I don't know. We've got to stop harping on the past. Yes Larry Brown was a great coach but he put him self in this situation. There are alot of teams that have alot less talent than our current team, and what did Brown do with this talent? He constantly reminded them of how inadequate they are. He slandered them in the news papers. He took the one player on the team that can score and made him a passive player. He had over 40 different starting line ups this season. Larry Brown has been a miserable failure this year. Creating a real mess and blaming it on every one but him self. The mark of a great coach is COACHING players that are not that great. You shouldn't need a Piston's caliber team to win games. Brown could have and should have done alot more with this team. He took credit for our victories and wanted no blame for our losses. Can't have it both ways. SO here we are! The moment of truth. Will Isiah Thomas bring this group of young players to a competitive level? We all should at the very least hope so. Hope for Isiah to succeed. He has to! And if he doesn't then New York will get what they have been chanting for.

Isiah is a curse to this franchise and the sooner he's gone the better. I for one hope he fails cause that's the only way to get him out. He's turned this team into the modern day Clippers and he'll assuredly never get another NBA job after this one. No one else is as dumb as Dolan and Mills are.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
disenchanted with marbury, francis, and lil nate????

u really r readin way too much news papers. stephon was bashed by larry numerous times b4 coming back @ him. francis just asked if he could get some steady minutes and brown blew up on him. it was towards the closing end of a beyond losing season. u mean brown had such better ideas then to give franchise a chance. yes he did. he decided for the last 10 games to start nate (who he had just publicly dissed in calling a "showboat") over the player he decided we should trade penny for. u guys really must be some helen keller basketball fans cuz u cant see past the newspapers. and anyone who wishes "isiah would fail" just shows u dont watch games because if u did u wouldnt wanna put us thru what we went through last season ever again.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Dude...talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You wanna talk Hellen Keller? You do realize that Marbury has been a loser and a bad teammate everywhere he's gone? When the same incidents keep coming up over 11 seasons, I think it's more than just the papers. Francis is another one. Van Gundy couldn't stand him in Houston...then Orlando knew that Howard would never really improve and reach his potential with a ball hog PG like Francis playing with him and they also didn't want his attitude to poison him. As for Nate Robinson? This is the same guy that seems happier scoring 30 pts and losing rather than 5pts and winning. His attitude aside though, he's too small and he's not a guy to build a team around. Plus that little piece of crap is the reason Channing Frye's season ended the way it did. Larry Brown was a bum for sure, but these players are no better.

As for wanting Isiah to fail...I want what's best for the franchise. If you can't realize the failure and curse he's been for every team or organization he's been a part of then you my friend are the blind one. I mean anyother team after this season could at least look forwad to a good lottery pick, but our moronic GM traded it unprotected (and the right to swap next yr's pick too) for a fat overweight center with heart problems. So then not only can they not even sign impact players due to lack of cap space, but they can't draft them either. I'd like to seriously smack him upside the head for that alone.

Starks

Starter
Hellen Keller basketball fans???

Go figure. I guess some people on this planet really do think Marbury and Francis are all they say they are..... but those people don't seem to be anybody in the NBA, epsn, sports illustrated, or any other form of media.

*Oh and they dont seem to have to many fans in the cities of Phoenix, Orlando, Houston, New Jersey, Minnesota to for some strange reason.
**And if Kenny Smith, Barkley and Stephen A. Smith can't even say anything good about those guys, than who else is left to defend them?

On a serious note, I know people have their favorite players. My all time favorite, John Starks, had about a trillion flaws to his game. And I defended him blindly and still do. But his high moments overshadowed so many of those flaws. I really cant fathom why anybody would want Marbury or Franic on their team. I never did, and never will. Sadly, too many GMs and Coaches feel this way to, if not maybe we wouldn't be stuck with these "salary cap team morale killers".