just a thought...we all can do something to change this

Starks

Starter
I've been reading so many articles over the last few days tearing both thomas and dolan a new a*hole. Does anyone think we as fans can do anything but stand idly by and watch this team sink lower into earth's mantle (you know, since sinking in the sea already happened in december)?

Organize a boycott?
An explosion of dump-marbury fire-thomas and fire-dolan internet web sites?
A public plea to Donald Trump to buy the team?

A week or two ago ESPN got in contact with this site about a Quite Frankly screening, so this site is obvisously on the radar. I just think that in the modern era of sports, us fans have collective power. This crap with our team would never happen to the Boston Red Sox.

Or I could be just in despair. If all fans chip in, we could buy full page ads in the major papers and submit open letters proposing a boycott. Just imagine the headlines!!!! ESPN would give the Dolan situation 24 hour "Bonds" coverage, and it would put an insane amount of pressure on Dolan to step down, Thomas to step down, Marbury to shut up...all out of national embarassment.

For this team, I would donate 100$ for add space. What about you guys? This has gone too far, and its time to be proactive fans.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
lol in case u cant tell from this web-site alone that the fans are torn. some of us are on the fire brown bus, other on the fire isiah one, others on the get outta here dolan, and some even want marbury gone. do u really think this will scare dolan into resigning? the guy takes so much sh*t from the media. mainly the daily news, ny post, newsday, ect... and it doesnt faze him. how can u blaim a guy who's doing everything in his power to try and turn this franchise into a contender again. the guy spends more $$$ than any owner in the league. hes willing to spend more than a mega-millions winner just to get rid of a coach who's not fit for the job. u guys keep blaiming dolan, and isiah, and steph but let me put it this way once my cable gets raised just so we can fire larry my chant will be "HANG LARRY"

Starks

Starter
I dont know, i think the fans are that torn. We all want change and we all are ashamed of the front office moves thats been done.

A series of open letters in the papers should be able to express the core of our views.

What do you say dude? would you be interested in this campaign? lets organize and get an assesment of how much money we can get from fans to buy a full page ad.

jffga

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
... dolan ... the guy takes so much sh*t from the media ... how can u blaim a guy who's doing everything in his power to try and turn this franchise into a contender again. the guy spends more $$$ than any owner in the league. ... . ... to spend more than a mega-millions ...

So, how much is Thomas paying you ?? Stop taking mind altering drugs. They've obviously deteriorated your brain past the point of no return. Either that or your just terminally retarded.

To quote the Daily News: "The Knicks had a payroll of roughly $125 million this season for a 23-59 team. Thomas traded away the Knicks' lottery pick in this year's draft and next year's first-round pick for Eddy Curry, who often seems to be playing basketball underwater. They are about $60 million over the NBA's luxury-tax threshold, which means they pay out even more to other teams than they are going to pay Brown. ... "

Senseless spending of massive amounts of someone else’s money and making horrendously stupid managerial moves is not what anyone with a brain would call an accomplishment.

You do realize what the team's record was after all this 'managing', 'negotiating' and 'spending' by Thomas and Dolan right ?? You do realize that this team is so far up shit's creak that even the most brilliant minds in the NBA couldn't dig the Knicks out of the shithole that Thomas and Dolan has dug for the team, for years to come. Go take a hike with your Thomas ass kissing and feel free to take Larry Brown with you if you want.

(You’re not by any chance Isiah Thomas writing under a pseudonym are you ???) That would explain a lot ! I wouldn't put it past him at this point in his career or eventual end thereof in the NBA after next season that is. LOL

jffga

Rookie
I think people should definately stop going to the games. That's the only thing that would get the attention of the upper crust.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
it doesnt sound like a bad idea. the only thing is a lot of people aren't going to agree with eachothers views. and if that's the case then why would someone wanna support funds for a reason they don't believe in. after larry turned down $25 million to walk away kinda shows what kind of guy he is. i feel like we're watching a long episode of "deal or no deal" and larry isn't gonna settle til he gets every single penny possible. instead of taking the 25 million and moving onto the next team (kings, warriors) he wants 2 drag out the xtra 15million because he knows he has the control. im really starting to think about that article i read about LB's wife marking her words that he would NOT coach the knicks. she said that was a fact. and then he went and bit on the 50 mill. then he ran a talented team (my opinion) into the 2nd worst record in the league while bashing almost every player in the process. he knew neither dolan or isiah would tolerate it. so now the ball is in larry's court. he's pretty much hitting lotto to either get fired or walking away from a team after showing one of the worst coaching displays ever.

obviously by my user name im not gonna be one to pay out $$$ for a program that is trying to get rid of my favortie player. maybe other people will go for it, this is just my take on it.

portega1968

El Cacique
I'd rather gather all that money, form a trust company representing fans, purchase Cablevision stock and strip that silverspoon-fed a$$hole of his oversight of this team.

Now THAT'S the most far-fetched idea ya'll ever read.

How about we inquire who are Cablevision's other stockholders and just stuff their mailboxes with fan mail DEMANDING Dolan be rid of his privileges over this team. Someone call CNBC!!!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
jffga stop making all theze posts that have no purpose just to try and get outta newbie status. anyone can see you're reading way to much newspapers and too f*ckin gullable or stupid to come up with your OWN opinion. for the short few days uve been on this site ive heard u call half the people here retards or drug abusers. u act like u've came onto this site and enlightened us to see the way things really ar, when honestly all ive heard come from u is a bunch of pointless bullsh*t. the one thing u may be right about is if u wanna get rid of dolan then dont go to games. well that's u. im a knicks fan. imma support them no matter what. so u can sit around and blame dolan, isiah, stephon, or whoever else the media wants to put the spotlight on. me on the other hand, i'd rather watch the games myself and come up with my own take on things. ur just some immature fan who thinks anyone who disagrees with u, or should i say the media, is wrong. meanwhile u havn't said one thing i havn't read in the paper.

jffga

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
... after larry turned down $25 million to walk away kinda shows what kind of guy he is ...

There's no reason why Larry brown should take a buyout. He put his reputation on the line and signed a contract that was drafted and labored over extensively by both party’s lawyers. Evidently the contract did not anticipate the complete extent of Thomas and Dolan’s stupidity. Lol. Brown may be caustic to work for and is somewhat crazy for having put himself in the situation of having to coach the Thomas team disaster in the first place. But he certainly wasn't going into this deal for free. Now should he. NO COACH in the NBA would take the coachng job from Thomas, which is why he's now going to be in the hot seat. The Knicks are past the point of no return.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
jffga said:
So, how much is Thomas paying you ?? Stop taking mind altering drugs. They've obviously deteriorated your brain past the point of no return. Either that or your just terminally retarded.

hahaha...that's gotta be the quote of the day. can we not all agree that we're unhappy with where the knicks are heading? its hard to believe that anyone right now could believe the knicks are currently in a good situation and has a good future.

Starks

Starter
Start a new thread, this is going off topic lol

I just want to get an assesment of how to organize publicity and funds to get the attention of Knicks managment and the rest of the media.

I'm trying to get estimates from the Daily News, New York Post, and Newsday on how much it cost to get a full page ad in their sports pages. I got a feeling the Post will be most receptive, just so that they have a great news story to write about on sunday.

I think we can all agree that we want Dolan to respond to us fans. Can we all agree on that?

jffga

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
... posts that have no purpose just to try and get outta newbie status ...

How many posts does it take to become the next GM of the Knicks ?? Disagreeing with obvious facts does not make you objective. It proves that you have no common sense. No need to drag this issue out any further. Thomas will go down with his little ship of fools next season, and we can't wait. (btw, I'm a benchwarmer now !)

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Starks said:
I think we can all agree that we want Dolan to respond to us fans. Can we all agree on that?

i can agree on that. i'm glad u created this topic because dolan needs to listen to someone else other than isiah. altho, i highly doubt this plan will work, at least it gets the brainstorm going. there seriously needs to be a change.

jffga

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
jffga stop making all theze posts that have no purpose ... for the short few days uve been on this site ive heard u call half the people here retards or drug abusers ...

I agree, I tend to get a bit too carried away on the pitiful topic of Isiah Thomas and James Dolan. Please accept my apologies for calling everyone supporting these bums retards and drug abusers. I know there are much better adjectives I could have used that were not as personally attacking.

I must say, you are dedicated !!! Even if it is to somewhat of an extreme fault. If I'm ever allowed to become the GM of a professional sports team and am allowed to completely drive the team into the ground I want you right there rooting for me ! (I think?)

In the immortal words of Rodney King: "why can't we all just get along ?'

Go Knicks !!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
lol to be honest i'm really not even close to loyal to isiah or dolan. like ive said in previous posts both have made more than plenty of mistakes. i never said they've done an incredible job. so dont put me in that category.

right now i think its obvious that it's either dolan & isiah or larry brown. i wanna know, if larry isn't gonna settle for the $25 million and dolan won't spend the extra $15 million to get him out, then what? will brown try and sabotage the team even worse than he did this past season just to try and get dolan to sell the team. will he go for 50+ different starting lineups or he will he decide on something like this...
pg- nate robinson
sg- ime udoka
sf- malik rose
pf- mo taylor
c- jerome james

right now theres one of the biggest power struggles in ny history going on. i know this much tho, almost every player that isiah has coached in the past ive heard say he is a great coach. sh*t if letting isiah take over will give us a better shot of landing jermaine o'neal or al harrington than i say why not. he could coach the team we have right now with his eyes closed and still break 23 wins.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
and starks my bad on getting off topic, i knew once this shit went down with brown there would be a civil war between knicks fans. im just trying to defend my point. make sure u lemme know what happens with this page in the post because if it gets published imma laugh my ass off.

jffga

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
... if larry isn't gonna settle for the $25 million ... then what? will brown try and sabotage the team ... even worse than he did this past season just to try and get dolan to sell the team ... almost every player that isiah has coached in the past ive heard say he is a great coach ...

1. Larry Brown is not obligated to sell himself out of a contract that was agreed to by you know who(s).

2. Did Lenny Wilkens also sabotage the team ? and this was one of Thomas' Boyz !!

3. Could it be the players love Thomas because he pays them to be his friend ? lol

Don't get too caught up the details. Take a step back and ask yourself if you like what you see. Then ask yourself who's fault is it ? What more could the Knicks possibly do that they have not already done !!??? except make smart moves !

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
To throw my 2 cents into this "can we do something" issue....the best thing to do is to refuse to let yourself be ripped off by paying the absurd ticket prices MSG charges for the crap they have on the court. When the garden is empty, and fans show apathy, then they'll realize what they've done. All Dolan and Cablevision cares about is money.

Who knows...if people seriously stop showng up to games, maybe David Stern will even step in and force Dolan's hand (maybe even to sell)...the well being of the Knicks franchise is important for the health of the league, just because of the NYC market.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
jffga said:
sxmarbury516 said:
... if larry isn't gonna settle for the $25 million ... then what? will brown try and sabotage the team ... even worse than he did this past season just to try and get dolan to sell the team ... almost every player that isiah has coached in the past ive heard say he is a great coach ...

1. Larry Brown is not obligated to sell himself out of a contract that was agreed to by you know who(s).

2. Did Lenny Wilkens also sabotage the team ? and this was one of Thomas' Boyz !!

3. Could it be the players love Thomas because he pays them to be his friend ? lol
!

Just to throw my 2 cents here too. Dolan has sent many a peopel packing with their full contracts basically intact...he allowed that dope Isiah to hire Brown, and give him this money, so he should be forced to pay up. I have no sympathy for Dolan having to spend an addt'l $15 mil...maybe it'll teach him not to be so dumb about spending his dad's cash. If I'm Brown I make sure I get every last penny too....especially if they're going to smear you on the way out.

Isiah has shown no class also in dealing with coaches. The way he handled firing Chaney was deplorable and classless...then he forced Wilkens into a lame excuse saying "he's tired," and then while Herb Williams is working hard trying to coach the team the rest of the way, be a good soldier and a loyal employee, he gets disrespected as Isiah openly talks about hiring his successor. He was basically a lame duck coach...what a way to support a loyal employee who hopes to someday get a head job in the league. And now this with Brown...the man just had surgery and he has to be subject to knowing his job status in the papers...and then Isiah waits to call LB's agent the next evening. What a jerk.

And to follow up that last paragraph, he's also undermined each of his coaches (and yeah this dope has been allowed to have 4 coaches during his miserable tenure...that's unheard of) by allowing his players to usurp the coach and have an open line to the GM, and also failing to ever have the coach's back. From the beginning he set the stage so that if/when he ever became coach they'd welcome him with open arms. I'm sorry but he's just created such an ugly culture and it has to get rectified, else next yr when he's coach it'll only get worse

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
look larry brown is NOT the victim here. he knew exactly what he was doing. he joined the team to coach it, not be the gm. he knew the guys he would be leading. instead of adjusting to the line-up he had he tried to change the players. and he wouldnt give in. we could have written off this season way b4 the all-star break and experimented with people in different positions. sh*t we coulda written the season off after starting 0-5. i think he quit on the team way b4 the team quit on him. and after all the sh*t he's said about all these different players im really surprised he hasn't gotten the spreewell treatment yet.

i guess u are right tho, dolan was dumb enough signing him to that large a # after knowing what he did to detroit and joe dumars. so yea if that's what it takes i guess dolan should just shell out the extra 15 mill. if he doesnt want to, then next season will be longer than this past one. and God knows none of us can go thru that again.

ps- my bad again starks, people keep responding 2 me so im just keepin it goin