[Newsday] Wilkens Weighs In On Garden Turmoil

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Excerpts

Wilkens, who was named the TV analyst for the SuperSonics, told the Seattle Times he never should have taken the Knicks' job when he replaced Don Chaney midway through the 2003-04 season.

"Me and the GM [Thomas] were never on the same page," Wilkens was quoted.

He said he opposed trading Keith Van Horn for Tim Thomas barely a month after taking over. "I didn't think it was a good trade, and that made it difficult for me," Wilkens said. "The next year, I hoped things would be different, but they weren't ... If I had it to do over again, it's the one job that I've had that I probably wouldn't have taken."

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5108/wilkens-weighs-in-on-garden-turmoil.html

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I read that Stern advised Dolian to get rid of Thomas and Brown to rebuild the franchise.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
It's finally beginning to unravel and the true blame is being placed on the right culprit, JAMES DOLAN. Hopefully, Brain Dead Dolan will listen to David Stern's advice. If he doesn't, then it's obvious that he cares more about his ego and image than the welfare of the Knicks.

Good for Lenny Wilkens. He's a classy man who became one of many fall guys for James Dolan and now Isiah Thomas. The Tim Thomas for Keith Van Horn was terrible. Van Horn was playing good basketball when we traded him. At worst we should have held onto him and let his contract expire. It's all Dolan's fault.

The Knicks have gone downhill ever since the Dolans bought the team in the 90's. James Dolan is the epitome of a spoiled rich kid all grown up now. He's an egomaniac who won't take no for an answer. It's his way and his way only.

James Dolan worse than George Steinbrenner was in the 70's and 80's.

os2wiz

Rookie
donchris said:
I read that Stern advised Dolian to get rid of Thomas and Brown to rebuild the franchise.

You are quite a fabricator. Stern's only comments made almost 3 weeks ago, indicated he hoped the franchise would follow Brown's direction.

donchris

os2wiz said:
donchris said:

You are quite a fabricator. Stern's only comments made almost 3 weeks ago, indicated he hoped the franchise would follow Brown's direction.

Do some reading before you call any one a liar! "I READ" keywords dip$h!T! That was an article posted by the POST. Dolian reportedly had dinner with Stern. Apparently they do this from time to time. Being that NBA headquarters is in Penn Plaza as is Knicks offices I believe, it's not much of a stretch is it?

donchris

Stern isn't the type to just let a sore like that fester in public. So it came as a surprise when he trashed a report claiming he'd been in touch with Knicks management officials for the purposes of giving them advice and of lighting a fire under their sorry rumps. A complete fabrication, Stern called it.
http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/.../20060528/COLUMNIST03/605280327/1108/SPORTS01

Just an example that there was an article claming that Stern was in contact with Dolian. Stern rejected it.

os2wiz

Rookie
You know the NY Post and Marc Berman, in particular, have a long track record of inaccuracies in their reports. What else would you expect from a Rupert Murdoch rag. Why would you repeat it before seeing some other verification? You were trawling and looking for any garbage to support your warped view of the world , arshole. So back off because I can take this to a whole other level to expose your ignorance and
malevolance and I will if necessary.

rady edit
this post has been warned

donchris

Expose my ignorance? Who do you think you are the godfather. I'm the Don. Listen here junior, I dont have to see any other report to verify weather or not the one I'm reading is true. The issue wasn't the authenticity of the report. The issue was you claimed I made it up. You were wrong. So who's really ignorant? Secondly your a newbie here so try to fit in. If you want to question the words that are written then your beef is with the POST not me so get off my back. Most of us on this site make postings based on the information that we find on the net, various news sources and rumors. That's what it's really all about. You dont want a war of words here. You will lose! So stop replying to all of my posts. You only make your self look foolish. FYI

portega1968

El Cacique
Well, that was entertaining....

Now, about the subject of this thread... Wilkens shed some light on what seems to be a real problem with this team; Isiah manhandling his coaches. He hires them but seems to give a shit about their opinions. That is definitely not good. Might as well go ahead a name Aguirre his new head coach.

It'd be interesting to see how different this would be if Brown was the GM and Isiah was the coach... can you say Wrestlemania?

Lenny Wilkens, thanks for the year you coached this team, thanks for the insight on how messed up Isiah and management are. Now, since you don't work here anymore and work on Sonic's broadcasts, please go fuck yourself!!!

os2wiz

Rookie
donchris said:
Expose my ignorance? Who do you think you are the godfather. I'm the Don. Listen here junior, I dont have to see any other report to verify weather or not the one I'm reading is true. The issue wasn't the authenticity of the report. The issue was you claimed I made it up. You were wrong. So who's really ignorant? Secondly your a newbie here so try to fit in. If you want to question the words that are written then your beef is with the POST not me so get off my back. Most of us on this site make postings based on the information that we find on the net, various news sources and rumors. That's what it's really all about. You dont want a war of words here. You will lose! So stop replying to all of my posts. You only make your self look foolish. FYI
No the issue was that you were using a bullcrap report from the Post to verify an illegitimate position you took. A fabricator using a shill's fabricated sports column. I am not your junior either. I have both age, brains, and hutspa well above your level. You make a statement back it up with facts, not the paper most people use to line their kitty poop with. If you can't back up your claims with fact don't make them because I will make it my mission to expose you.
I have fought against neo-Nazi''s, klan, and facists, you really think you can intimidate me? I KNOW not. You are a paper tiger.

donchris

KNOCK YOUR SELF OUT JUNIOR!
N let us not rewright history. I read an article, a real article stating that Dolian met with Stern. That clamn is no different than ESPN's rumor postings. It's what we do here. Respond to articles and rumors. You say your intelligent. Then SHOW IT because so far you haven't! I never took any position what so ever. Just clearly stated what I read and you chose to jump on it like a real idiot not an intellect. I'm not sure what your alleged military service has to do with anything but if you truly served our country, I commend you. Yet that still does not make you any more right when it comes to this issue, nor would I expect some one that has fought against those that believed they were superior to others to act as if he is superior to me or any one else. With all of your great intellect I'd think you'd know better! But sense you chose to look up my postings and reply to them with foolishly negative remarks I move that you change your name from os2wiz to DONCRHIS"S #1 FAN cause that's what you are, a freaking FAN. :flippa: :flippa: :flippa: :moon:

os2wiz

Rookie
donchris said:
KNOCK YOUR SELF OUT JUNIOR!
N let us not rewright history. I read an article, a real article stating that Dolian met with Stern. That clamn is no different than ESPN's rumor postings. It's what we do here. Respond to articles and rumors. You say your intelligent. Then SHOW IT because so far you haven't! I never took any position what so ever. Just clearly stated what I read and you chose to jump on it like a real idiot not an intellect. I'm not sure what your alleged military service has to do with anything but if you truly served our country, I commend you. Yet that still does not make you any more right when it comes to this issue, nor would I expect some one that has fought against those that believed they were superior to others to act as if he is superior to me or any one else. With all of your great intellect I'd think you'd know better! But sense you chose to look up my postings and reply to them with foolishly negative remarks I move that you change your name from os2wiz to DONCRHIS"S #1 FAN cause that's what you are, a freaking FAN. :flippa: :flippa: :flippa: :moon:
The report had no merit even on face value. The fact that you have been cynically attacking LB on many posts here leads me to conclude you are
pompous and cynical and need your pseudo-intellectual "legs" cut out from underneath you. Your quote of the Post blurb by notorious Marc Berman
was not an excercise in objectivity. You used to legitimize your stance against Coach Brown. Your reliance on a shill like Berman reflects on your credibility. To me you have zero credibility. Perhaps you have stature on this board, but with your cynical view of the world ,to me,
you have litle of value to say here or anywhere else. I have run into your
kind before. Little positive energy comes from this negativity.
I never claimed military service. My service has been to the working class. I have been on the wrong wnd of the billy club, tear gas, mounted cops, and FBI in my life. My total committment for 20 years of my life has been to fighting racism and for end to wage slavery. I am a doer as
well as a thinker. I have no regrets for my committments. I only wish I could do more. I have no respect for dilletantes .