Summer Workouts

NYKnicks15

Starter
New York Knicks
Summer Workouts​

The summer workouts begin Monday. WITH Larry Brown in toe, and I'll be updating who we are working out etc.

MONDAY 22nd
Bobby Jones 6'7 SF Washington Late 2nd Round
David Noel 6'6 SF North Carolina Undrafted
Leonardo Santos
Kelly Whitney 6'8 PF Seton Hall Undrafted

TUESDAY 23rd
Quincy Douby 6'3 PG Rutgers Mid-first Round
Tarence Kinsey 6'6 SG South Carolina Undrafted

WEDNESDAY 31st
Kenny Adeleke 6'9 PF Hartford Undrafted

ny3nyk

Rotation player
we could really use another explosive high energy player like robinson in david noel, who btw won the ncaa dunk contest.

portega1968

El Cacique
Out of all those players, the Brazilian looks like the only one with some hopes of making an impact in the NBA. The guy averaged 3 blocks per game? Nice, just what we need.

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY as well as Larry Brown, 6'7 Indiana Forward Marco Killingsworth was also in attendence. he is projected to be a early second round pick.

NYKnicks15

Starter
not unless you ask Isiah or Larry. but both of those opinions are tainted.
the players themselves speak but they'll just kiss ass in interviews.

its hard to say but if i get any word ill put it here first

NYKnicks15

Starter
Maurice Ager 6-5 SG Michigan State Late 1st Rounder
Curtis Stinson 6'3 SG Iowa State Second Round Bubble

were also added to Tuesdays workouts

ny3nyk

Rotation player
bulls have "OUR" second pick of the draft while toronto has the first. colangelo will have the pick of the litter while we get table scraps this year. actually, there are some worthy picks this year too. so, should we trade up and work something for mike james? or just stay where we are in the draft situation?

portega1968

El Cacique
Would COlangelo want Stephon back? I'd trade him and our two picks for Mike James, their top pick (and grab Tyrus Thomas) and whatever trash they want to send us to make the deal work.

But I doubt Colangelo would tarde that pick... wonder who'll the Raps would go for in that spot since they got Bosh upfront.

How about trading our 20th overall and Steve Francis ($15 mil) for the Raptors No. 1 overall pick and Alvin Williams ($6 mil)?

OR

Trading the 29th overall pick and Stephon Marbury ($18 mil) to Atlanta for the 4th overall pick and some cap filler? Atlanta has the cap room to absorb Marbury's contract.

Both Marbury and Francis are 29 years old with three years left on there contracts. We must trade them now.

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't think Atlanta would go for that... maybe they'll go for Stephon, Jalen and both of our picks for a resigned Harrington, their top pick and trash. I'd go for that and draft Gay or Morrison, if available.

The Raps would definitely not go for that and if they did I'd want a resigned Mike James instead of Alvin Williams.

oOOps, wrong thread...

portega1968

El Cacique
Draftexpress.com has excellent stuff on draft prospects, including workouts.

Although I haven't seen anything on the Knicks workouts, I must say that the Rudy Gay and Steve Novak workouts seem enticing.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Tuesday May 30th

Josh Boone 6-10 PF Connecticut First Round Bubble
Shannon Brown 6'4 SG Michigan State Late First Round Pick
Mardy Collins 6'6 PG Temple Mid-First Round pick
Cedrick Simmons 6'9 PF North Carolina State Lottery Pick

Josh Boone is a favorite of mine and someone we can reasonably get with the 20th or 29th pick of this years draft. Long, athletic and can BLOCK SHOTS!

NYKnicks15

Starter
Wednesday May 31st

The Knicks worked out two players projected to be undrafted.

6'9 PF Kenny Adeleke of Hartford
6'6 SG Dan Grunfeld of Stanford

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Am I the only one that doesnt give a crap about this? We lost our #1 pick or traded it away for Curry. That's it! Nothing else really to talk about. Any one we draft will most likily be traded away or waved.

NYKnicks15

Starter
chris buddy you should care. there are some good players in the first round. not allstars but good role players and we have the 20th and 29th picks. they mite get traded away but if we keep them you know Isiah will pick right with them.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
donchris said:
Am I the only one that doesnt give a crap about this? We lost our #1 pick or traded it away for Curry. That's it! Nothing else really to talk about. Any one we draft will most likily be traded away or waved.

nah isiah knows how to draft

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
There are certain prospects that we could really use in this draft...although we are kinda stacked with young talent right now. I don't think we need an impact player so being high in the draft doesn't matter. Are starting lineup needs to mesh...roles need to be established and defensive minded prospects need to be drafted first then following some rebounders. We are in desperate need of a perimeter defender. I think we should draft Saer Sene and Richard Roby. Roby can be molded into a perimeter defender and he already knows how to score. And Saer Sene has the physical attributes of being the next African phenom.