Ewing back to New York?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Larry Brown is thinking about bringing in Houston assistant coach and former Knick great Patrick Ewing to his bench next season.. if he is still here of course. This is probably a way to earn brownie points with the Knicks fans who probably have all lost hope in Coach Brown.. not to mention a way to rid himself of an Isiah acolyte (Williams, Aguirre or Glymph).

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/421085p-355484c.html

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Whatever the reason is, the Knicks should get it done. As I stated in my post under the "who should the knicks pick up?" thread, it was a complete shame to allow one of the greatest if not greatest Knick player ever to retire from basketball wearing a different uniform!

Maybe we should call that the Ewing jinx. Ever since that trade, things have gotten worse. It has been well documented that trade was the beginning of what snowballed into the salary cap mess that we currently own.

Other than the influence and guidance that he can provide for our incumbent big men, maybe bringing him in will reverse some of the bad luck that has fallen onto our organization

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Ewing did big things for Yao Ming in his development. He can do the same for Curry. But this is a political move on the behalf of Larry Brown. Dude's is a calculating machine. With him bringing Ewing in his chances of staying are greater. I've got to give him credit on this one. That's a power play.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I actually think Ewing will have a huge affect on Frye's game. If you look at it, they have pretty similar styles of play. Ewing was more of a finesse player. He had a great outside J and some pretty good moves. Ewing can power it up but relied heavily on his jump shots, pump fakes, spins and two-step running hooks through the paint. Frye already has a great j and has the agility needed to pattern some of Ewing's moves. Curry is more of a back to the basket, bowl you over and yam it down your throat.

The one thing Ewing can teach Curry is patience. Ewing was one of the best at getting the ball near the paint and waiting until the offense was in the proper set before starting his move. Curry doesn't have that yet.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
is there a limit to how many assistant coaches you can have? if not, i think the idea of bring ewing on board is a unanimous decicion. hey, maybe pat will teach frye and curry a thing or two. thing is, i would still love for the coaching staff to keep herb and aguirre.

Knicks-player

Benchwarmer
I would love pat to come back to the garden !! But the only bad thing is that Larry is just asking him to come like that the knicks fans will him a bit more...

os2wiz

Rookie
donchris said:
Ewing did big things for Yao Ming in his development. He can do the same for Curry. But this is a political move on the behalf of Larry Brown. Dude's is a calculating machine. With him bringing Ewing in his chances of staying are greater. I've got to give him credit on this one. That's a power play.

DUDE!!!, you are calculating TOO Much, DUDE. Brown does nto play those tyoe of games. He is a hard-nosed coach. Ewing will help Curry, but more importantly Ewing can tell these boneheads that you listen to the coach or sit the bench or get traded. He knows how important discipline and a work
ethic are to success on the court. He will make it real for these lazy mutineeers. Starbury is unreachable. He and Francis MUST be traded over the summer. Tinsley and Indy's pick and junk for Francis. Marbury for the
Wolve's pick and expiring contracts. We then have 4 picks. We can get Marcus Williams or possibly trade some picks up for the top 4.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i agree, if ewing coaches curry and frye, mostly frye on how to develope his inside game we will have a future all star on our team. This cud b the best thing that ever happened to frye and curry, even jerome hames and jackie butler can fine tune their game to a point where those guys actually become names people tlak about. Having houstin on the ship can also teach jamaal crawford the art of shooting the midrange J and teach the whole team a lesson on shot selection. Good Move knicks

donchris

os2wiz said:
donchris said:

DUDE!!!, you are calculating TOO Much, DUDE. Brown does nto play those tyoe of games. He is a hard-nosed coach. Ewing will help Curry, but more importantly Ewing can tell these boneheads that you listen to the coach or sit the bench or get traded. He knows how important discipline and a work
ethic are to success on the court. He will make it real for these lazy mutineeers. Starbury is unreachable. He and Francis MUST be traded over the summer. Tinsley and Indy's pick and junk for Francis. Marbury for the
Wolve's pick and expiring contracts. We then have 4 picks. We can get Marcus Williams or possibly trade some picks up for the top 4.

Huh? Brown doesn't play those type of games? You mean like the game he played with the Pistons when he flurted with the Cavs. toying with the idea of becoming the Cav's GM while his current team was fighting for their playoff life? I think this coach is notorious for playing games! Oh no doubt Ewing is the man. Greatest Center NY has ever seen and one of the Greatest in the history of the league. And YES Ewing as I stated did alot for Ming and can do alot for Curry. With all of that said, this is Larry Brown we're talking about right. You dont think timing was a factor here?

os2wiz

Rookie
Perhaps a factor but not the primary motivation that you attribute. If he
really expects to be fired he wouldn't bother . He would sitback and force Dolan to pay him his full $40 million. But I suspect that the guy wants to coach more than anything in NY and is going to make all the right moves to show them he is the right guy at the helm. Too bad you cheapen and attack everything he does. Perhaps it is a self-reflection of your own
pathetic life. A lot of people make careers out of dumping on others and making them look bad to advance their own agendas.

vedder_69

Rookie
Ewing back to the Knicks will only benefit this team.

Just having Patrick back with the Knicks at any capacity just sounds so right as he is the reason I am a die hard Knicks fan!!

The reason we are all so upset towards the Knicks is because Patrick set the example of how you should play night in night out and left nothing out there. He epitomised how NY basketball should always be played, hard and with all heart!!

Come back No.33, we miss you mate!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I agree with Oswiz on this one. You think "Starbury" will get a away with all the crap he pulled this season with Pat on the bench. I don't think so. He can also help all our bigs out. Where he can really make a difference like Oswiz said is championship work ethic, which most of these guys, esp. Starbury, don't have. I would like to see them pull this crap with big #33 glaring down at them. Maybe then LB can convince these fools to play Knicks defense. :afro:

Trin_Starr

Starter
os2wiz said:
Perhaps a factor but not the primary motivation that you attribute. If he
really expects to be fired he wouldn't bother . He would sitback and force Dolan to pay him his full $40 million. But I suspect that the guy wants to coach more than anything in NY and is going to make all the right moves to show them he is the right guy at the helm. Too bad you cheapen and attack everything he does. Perhaps it is a self-reflection of your own
pathetic life. A lot of people make careers out of dumping on others and making them look bad to advance their own agendas.

Then you too have been beguiled by Larry's victim trip...
It was only a year ago when Larry was crying, pleading, truthfully saying how Detroit was the only place he wanted to coach. He didn't want to be anywhere else. He loved it there - but it was all a bunch of bull at the time - he very well knew that he was coming to the knicks....
Seems u suffer from short term memory loss huh?

The dude is a snake - plain and simple. The only reason for bringing in Pat would be that he would have some leverage now with Pat on his side.
But to tell u the truth - he would have been better off trying to be friends with H20 whom Dolan loves - but how many times in the pre and post game interviews did we hear H20 say that there is no continuity on the team because the millions of different lineup changes affect chemistry...
so u know H20 wouldn't vouch for Larry for anything...

Dolan firmly told ALL knick personnel not to have any interviews with the Media and what does larry do???
He pulls over on the side of the road and gives interviews...totally disobeying direct orders.
Isn't that insubordination?
Isn't that the same mind games he was playing with the knicks roster...

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
u guys really are out your mind...

"You think "Starbury" will get a away with all the crap he pulled this season with Pat on the bench."

what crap did he pull? LB pulled more sh*t than anyone else. running to the reporters pointing fingers whenever we lost. and then when we go on a winning streak he turns around and says "Stephon is playing phenominal. he's playing just the way i've wanted him to play." he pointed the finger @ half the team instead of trying to fix the problems with the players directly. he broke up what lil bit of chemistry these group of new team mates had. ewing will have nothing to do with the way steph plays. he will be brought in to bring up all of our young big men to learn how 2 play BIG. thats it.
bottom line!

os2wiz

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
u guys really are out your mind...

"You think "Starbury" will get a away with all the crap he pulled this season with Pat on the bench."

what crap did he pull? Disobeying the coach by refusing to run plays he ahd diagramed on the sidelines. Not defending thus allowing numerous games to be lost by his own man making uncontested jump shots. Not defending allowing opposing teams to setup backdoor plays. Not passing off when encountering double teams. Factionalizing in the locker room to get other players to refuse to play as Coach Brown had directed them. These are just a few of many specific things Starbury did after Brown warned Starbury on each of thse problems. He was an out and out mutineer. He should have been totally benched and then traded or released. The gutless IT and Dolan refused to call it like it was. They should have rebuked Starbury well before this situation got out of hand. The cancer must be destroyed.

donchris

That's nonsense. Benched or released? Brown did a piss pore job of coaching this year... Period! We should at least be fair here. Steph knew the transition was going to be difficult but he said from the beginning that he would try thing's Coach's way and he did. Did that is until Brown ripped his team apart with an inconsistent rotation and verbal assault in the media. You guys call us blind when we defend Marbury but just read the nonsense that is posted up here. Larry Brown must be held accountable for this miserable season. There is no excuse for this. Our team is talented enough to become playoff contenders if properly coached. My 10 yr old cousin could have done a better job coaching this team. Some one any one please respond to this point. If your team's only scorer is prevented from scoring by the coach how can you win games. Who else on this team is a consistent scorer? Crawford is but he was benched the entire season. Like it or not Marbury is the best player. You dont release your best players.

Allen

Benchwarmer
If Marbury is the Knicks best player thats a pretty bad indictement on the team is it not?
Marbury can score yes but I rather see the team play more defense rather than more offense. It does us no good if the we score 100 pts and let the opponents score 110 pts.
But regardless I believe LB should be given another chance to properly couch the Knicks.
It is my hope that IT would be relentless in calling Joe Dumars to try to pry Ben Wallace from Detroit.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
with all this drama goin on about him LB being fired there is no chance he shuold be given a 2nd chance. he will run this team into the ground. u thought 23 wins was bad, next season will be single digit victories.

and os2wiz who the hell ever said marbury wouldnt run plays the coach wanted? the more i hear u marbury haterz open ur mouth the better i start feelin because u guys really can prove urself to be dumb as rockz

Trin_Starr

Starter
os2wiz said:
what crap did he pull? Disobeying the coach by refusing to run plays he ahd diagramed on the sidelines. Not defending thus allowing numerous games to be lost by his own man making uncontested jump shots. Not defending allowing opposing teams to setup backdoor plays. Not passing off when encountering double teams. Factionalizing in the locker room to get other players to refuse to play as Coach Brown had directed them. These are just a few of many specific things Starbury did after Brown warned Starbury on each of thse problems. He was an out and out mutineer. He should have been totally benched and then traded or released. The gutless IT and Dolan refused to call it like it was. They should have rebuked Starbury well before this situation got out of hand. The cancer must be destroyed.

os2wiz - i don't want u to think i got beef with u but you can't make warrantless claims like that without having evidence to back it up...

Marbury ran every play according to the way LB wanted. The only time he did not and he specifically said so was when the knicks got the 6 game win streak going. He was playing with his team and they won.

Marbury's D was the best I have seen it since he has been a knick... why do you think LB put him to guard the bigger, taller elite 2 guards in the league?

Marbury did not fractionalize the locker room. LB did that on his own accord.

LB is an ass for airing out issues in public. I don't care who u are but that is just plain disrespectful as a human being that when u confide in someone to try and sort out ur problems and then he blows it up in the media for all to hear...that's just plain sinister.