Marbury: I want to die a Knick

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
sounds like a good idea. do u think with the francis/harrington trade we could convince the hawks into trading 1st round draft picks as well. that would give us the 5th and them the 20th. i respect harrington but think we should get a lil more for francis from them. what do u think the odds of that r??? cuz if that could happen we have a chance of landing tyrus thomas. that would just add more talent 2 the line-up.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Consitering that we got Francis for next to nothing it may be a lil hard to talk them in to trading for a week draft pick. But I'm not the draft expert. If any one can pull it off it's Zek.

portega1968

El Cacique
Lewis is 6'10" and a forward. How do you expect him to play SG? I don't think he'd be able to guard quicker guards like Kobe, Ben Gordon, etc plus offesinvely he's geared more at playing the 3spot. It's either Harrington or Lewis for the frontcourt and I'd take Lewis if I had the chance.

I believe Atlanta can be talked into trading their draft pick,a s they're looking for experience more than youth now.

Can somebody answer the following questions? Can Atlanta trade Harrington on draft night along with a pick despite the fact he'll be a free agent on July 1st? and if so, can the team receiving him sign-and-trade him away when free agency starts?

Under that scenario, I'd send Francis, Jalen Rose and the 20th pick to Atlanta for Harrington and their pick, which I'd use to grab Rudy Gay. Then, I'd sign-and-trade Harrington to Boston for Paul Pierce, ship JC, Q and Mo to Seattle for Lewis, Wilcox and whatever trash they got.

Stephon
Pierce
Lewis
Wilcox
Curry

I'd love that lineup people!!!. Especially with guys like Gay, Frye and Lee backing up as they get experience.

Talking about love, damn sxmarbury516, you made me cry dude. Now that's deep and pure... true love, no doubt, jajajaja.

It's nice to know Steph treated you right. Makes you wonder why his teammates just can't get along with him on the court.

os2wiz

Rookie
donchris said:
According to the article and the stats Marbury averaged 22 pts 9 assits prior to being injured so it makes no sense to trade him let alone release him. There's an abundance of hatred towards this whole team in NY but what I've noticed about New York is most of the so-called fans are not really fans. That is unless you consider Star Jones a Knicks fan. They only watch during the play offs and a few big games here n there and when the team is losing, they cry out "I hate this guy, I hate that guy!" I dont mean to attack anybody here but does any one honestly think it makes sense to trade away our best player for nothing at all? Even with stats like 22pts 9asts? You may not like him but statisticly he is the Knicks best player.

How is getting Minnies's number 6 pick nothing????

donchris

Ahh it's my #1 fan again. I guess it's too much to ask of you to come up with an original thought! Instead you choose to quote me yet again. Keep it up and you will soon define your self as my shadow.

The Don has spoken!
Kiss the ring beiotch!!!!!!!

os2wiz

Rookie
donchris said:
Ahh it's my #1 fan again. I guess it's too much to ask of you to come up with an original thought! Instead you choose to quote me yet again. Keep it up and you will soon define your self as my shadow.

The Don has spoken!
Kiss the ring beiotch!!!!!!!

you have to have substance to cast a shadow. I really think you are a cynical version of shallow Hal. I am not naive , but cynical yuppie types laugh
at politicos like Bush or even Hilary Clinton, but do nothing in substance to fight their destructive influence. On the job these same cynical types laught at those on the bottom , while opening their anus's to the bosses to curry favor. Butt kssing and back stabbing are their way of life. I have no use for them and I can read them like a book.
I am up front. I hate capitalism and all the lackies who serve it. Occasionally I err. But I never err in my character assessments. You are empty bluster .

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
os2wiz thanx 4 provin my point. you're not up front. you seem 2 be a complete bullsh*t artist who has no idea wtf your talking about. how bout u try proving us wrong instead of pretending you're the next shakespeare.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
For everyone sitting back defending Marbury, I say wake up! If you would take Stephon Marbury in a draft over Chauncey Billups.. Yes my friend you are an Idiot. You would take an perennial loser who has made every franchise he's played for better simply by leaving for a guy who is clutch, plays defense, takes over games in the 4th Q, and yes is a great teammate with an NBA ring. One guy led his team to 64 wins, the to significantly less. So you're a GM and these two guys are on the table. If took Marbury over Billups, you'd be fired. Maybe even shot. The biggest problem with the Knicks right now is the fans. If I was running the show, I'd say real fans will wait for the bad contracts to expire. then make a run for it. You have young guys like Frye, Lee, Robinson. Put them out there. Richardson was hurt most of last year, should be better this year. Curry needs to be tougher as a rebounder and shot blocker. Bring a Moses Malone to work with him & Frye. Hell all your bigs! We took on more water cause stupid fans wanted a deal before the trade deadline. Result Steve Francis??!! I hate this guy as much as Marbury. And now they probably will share the backcourt on this team. Minnesota is now starting to look at other point guards, because Marbury's contract is so hefty. Marbury is truly a beneficiary of the old CBA (Collective bargaining Agreement: if you don't know, now you know). If you don't believe me here is a short list of people he makes more money than:

Tim Duncan 3 Time NBA Champ 2 Time MVP
Kobe Bryant 3 Time NBA Champ
Paul Pierce
Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
Dirk Nowitzki
Jermaine O'Neal
Ray Allen

there are tons of other that I consider better than Marbury, but I think I've made my point. By the for the guy who said Billups was worse than Marbury this is head to head comparison done on NBA.com

2005-06 Statistics
PPG 18.5 PPG 16.3
RPG 3.1 RPG 2.9
APG 8.6 APG 6.4
SPG .88 SPG 1.05
BPG .10 BPG .07
FG% .418 FG% .451
FT% .894 FT% .755
3P% .433 3P% .317
MPG 36.1 MPG 36.6

By the way the right hand column is Marbury. the Other left is Billups. So digest this people. I still got more bullets in this G#N. Later.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
did u read my post fully there doc. i said marbury had the worst season of his 10 year long career. i won't blaim brown i will just say he wasnt playing his style of basketball. how bout u digest their career averages and determine who is a better player. dont mention the nba title from a few years ago because billups has far more talented people starting with him and coming off the bench. even tho we may agree billups played better d than marbury, y is it that marbury has more steals? i find it funny how close their #'s were this season considering chauncey had his best season and marbury had his worst. here u go doc choke on the career averages...

Marbury / Billups

PPG 20.2 PPG 14.3
RPG 3.1 RPG 2.9
APG 8.1 APG 5.1
SPG 1.27 SPG .97
BPG .10 BPG .10
FG% .436 FG% .410
FT% .789 FT% .881
3P% .320 3P% .388
MPG 38.5 MPG 31.2

go ahead doc lemme hear what u gotta say...

Starks

Starter
you mean to tell me KOBE BRYANT, TIM DUNCAN, DIRK get paid less than Steph??????

is this true? how did you find out NBA salaries?

This type of info on Steph should be kept secret. = (

donchris

I dont think any one is saying that Steph is better than Billups. It's just that Billups ant tring to come to NY so what does it matter. If any one of you guys that hates Marbury can think of a realistic trade that will bennifit the team, (meaning a trade of equal value for a star or close to a star type of player) I'd be happy to read it. But so far you all have failed to do so. He's no Nash or Baron Davis but he is a good scorer and seemingly the best scoring pg in the league next to Iverson.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
my personal opinion on the top 10 point guards in the league...

1. steve nash
2. gilbert arenas
3. stephon marbury
4. jason kidd
5. baron davis
6. chauncey billups
7. mike bibby
8. tony parker
9. chris paul
10.jason williams or terry

portega1968

El Cacique
I see Chris Paul moving up to second place on that PG list real fast.

I know many of you believe in what is called "a scoring point guard". To me, that's an oxymoron; the ability to score shouldnt be a point guard's top quality... it should be his ability to involve teammates and make them better. Jason Kidd and Steve Nash have made this an art, and Chris Paul is the obvious heir to that claim.

Arenas and Steph should be reclassified and known as shooting guards who can play the point.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I am of course saying that Billups is better! You made my point. Numbers mean absolutely nothing when you lose. When was the last time Steph led a team to 64 wins? How about the eastern conference finals? How about the NBA finals? Has he won Finals MVP? Chauncey isn't one dimensionally based on numbers. He has heart, a higher basketball IQ, and is team leader BY EXAMPLE!!! He doesn't blame Flip Saunders, He just plays hard. My father said to me there comes a time in everyone's life where problems stop being everyone else, and start being you! The last statement is a synopsis of Stephon Marbury's basketball life. Do you think the Media and fans all dislike him cause they're bored? NOOOOO!!!!! He often takes plays off, and at 5 dollars or at 16 plus million that's unacceptable!! How many posters at this site if they had the chance to trade places with Marbury if it meant taking 10 years of their life expectancy would trade? I say 90%. The NBA is a privilege not a right. Marbury doesn't see it that way. If he did he wouldn't racking up gaudy stats on awful teams. Who couldn't? Karl Malone is the Number 2 scorer in NBA history. Do you think he wants a ring or to be number 1 scorer? If anyone said the latter you are lucky to be able to read. Cause beyond that you're stupid! Winning is everything. Stats mean nothing when all you do is lose. You wanted a response so there you go sxmarbury516. Now this response is going to be interesting. I mean that in the most facetious manner if you couldn't tell....

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
portega1968 you know what you're talking about. Your posts have thought put in to them, not just silly fan rambling. thank you for psting something that is well thought out rather than trash.

donchris

I think Steph is # 4 on your list. Baron Davis is way under rated. He could have been on the verge of something great prior to getting injured. At the same time if dude is a fan than he's a fan. He's going to support his man. Your right a career is measure by wins but there are certain players that go to bad teams or young teams. The nash thing was perfect timing. He made the team better, no doubt about that but the players were more developed. Can you really compare Amare to Eddie? It's not like Steph was a ballhog and had a dominate center. It's like telling Kobe to pass the ball. Pass it to who? But Steph still averaged 6 asts per game. So it kind of is about stats, may be a little...

portega1968

El Cacique
It's a bit unfair to compare Chauncey's career stats to Steph's career stats to determine who is better.

Chauncey is like Manu, Gilbert and other draftees who didn't come into the NBA with great expectations or handed starting positions from the get go; they had to prove themselves on this level. Being the street legend that he was, Steph came in with much hype and was handed the keys to Minny. Expectations for him were much higher and he has failed to prove himself as a winner.

In other words, Chauncey didn't get much of a chance when he came in and had to go through the Celtics, Raptors, Nuggets and Minnesota before he found a team that allowed him to play his game (btw, it's funny how he credits Larry Brown for bringing is game up to another level whereas Steph's stats went down under LB).

So in a sense, his career averages don't reflect his ranking because they're deflated after various years of being underused.

The point of this thread? It's not who's a better PG, something you guys can debate 'till the death without ever agreeing. It's that Steph wants to continue being a Knick.

Considering Larry is as good as gone, I say we should stick with Steph another year to see if he finally elevates his game to the next level.

Billups? He can die a Piston for all I care.

portega1968

El Cacique
Thanks Doc!!!

Keep up the trash talking guys; along with the analysis, opinions and useful info, it's what makes this site interesting.

All I beg is for everyone to realize we are all Knick fans and that makes us some sort of brotherhood, so nothing here should be taken personally or result in serious hating. As in all families, there are fights and different points of views. So I believe we can all talk shit and still feel the love.

Props to Rady for bringing us together as Knick fans.

I'm headed to Orlando this weekend with my kids for ten days, and hopefully, will be able to attend at some point the NBA pre-draft camp. Hopefully, I'll get to watch up close our next Knicks.

Before I leave, I have two words... FUCK DOLAN!!!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i agree an nba championship is more important than any stat. but u brought the #'s into it. but like i said before all 5 of the pistons starting line-up are all-star caliber. if u knew the situation with the teams he played on u would know injuries on key players plagued him on pretty much all 4 of the teams he played for. here's a quote from a question i asked marbury in an nba.com live chat. it got published in an issue of inside stuff also.

"SXMarbury516 at 3:16pm ET
What are some of your goals that you are aiming 4 this season?

Stephon Marbury at 3:17pm ET
This year I really don't have any individual goals. My long term goal is first and foremost to win the championship. But then we have to make it to the playoffs. Once we make it to the playoffs, it's anybody's championship. Everyone starts the playoffs with the same record. It doesn't matter who won 70 games or whatever."

this was all the way back from when he was on the nets. but point being is he isn't as selfish as a lot of u make him out to be. he knows the game and knows the #1 priority is winning.