Marbury: I want to die a Knick

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
correction- joe johnson did play a year with steph. matrix & amare were maturing and they added q-rich's 3-point threat to the line-up. when stephon joined the suns matrix was a year and a half deep in the league. amare didnt even get drafted until the following season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Dude, the only little kid here is in the picture above. Most of your post makes NO sense, probably because you were crying uncontrollably and couldn't see straight. Need a tissue??? Hopefully you didn't ruin your keyboard. Anyway, the only reason why the Knicks paid him so much money is because he the hometown boy and our owner is an idiot, point blank. :calm:

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
hey dickhead, he was signed in phoenix for a 4 year extension for 70+ million contract. and stop using the same excuse everyother person tells me on 'why marbury sucks'.

"look @ all his old teams they all are better now that he left".

are u too young or too dumb to develop ur own opinion? the only thing ive heard u say that i've never heard anyone else stupid enough to say is...

"that's right I would rather have Smush than Marbury because he is a better athelete at this stage of his career."

meanwhile the guy has LEAD 3 out of the 4 teams he's played for to the playoffs.

instead of tryin to prove me wrong with some stuff i say about stats or the way he plays, u rather sit there n imagine in ur thickhead that im sitting here crying all over my keyboard. dont talk to me til u either hit puberty or can stop being so dam immature.

u seem to be a fake fan who prolly doesnt watch ne of the games. u read the paper so u have somethin to talk about. well to be honest im done arguing with faggots about this topic because u cant give me any real facts about the way he plays. so ill tell u what football head wait til next season and if the knicks arent a much better team with mabury playing his style then say something to me. in the meantime it's ok theres no reason to repeat the same things over n over in your posts. nothing is gonna get thru 2 u. read my posts fully because anyone who understands the game knows what im talkin about. some people may not agree with me which is fine. everyones got their own opinion, except for u who wouldnt even know what to say without that subscription to the ny post.

by the way im 22 so im not a kid. and i would school ur ass in a game of ball worse then marbury would do smush parker.

paris401

Starter
whether you luv starbury or hate him.. one thing is certain.. he ain't going no where... nobody is taking him and his 60m contract...

the only way the knicks are getting to the promised land (the playoffs) is thru starbury..

while i don't think he is our savior, i am a knicks fan, and will be cheering him on...

Starks

Starter
this thread has dragged for way too long folks. sorry. can we agree to disagree and just sweep this argument under the rug???

No more cheap shots on steph and his persona! And no more claims of him being a superstar! Both are unwarranted

jimkcchief88

All Star
sxmarbury516- For your info, 22 still counts as a kid. Anytime you are in Chi-town, look me up. I have a court right outside my house. I will play you for your sneakers. You will be barefoot in 10 minutes. As far as using the "same excuse as everyone who says Starbury sucks," have you ever considered that there is a reason everyone says the same thing??? You are right; I wouldn't want to run with you cause probably would shoot all the time, play no d, not pass the ball, and cry you were fouled all the time, just like "Starbury." :afro:

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Again playboy you fail to grasp what you read. You really take your influence on others the wrong way. Here's how I see it. You consider yourself in the League of Cancer or Diabetes, potentially life altering. When in you more or less stack up like Jock Itch, Foot Fungus, or hemroids. completely Irrelevant, but straight up annoying. Do really think I sit here worrying about you?? You keep proving to me your not so smart. If you want to say sorry, say sorry and move on. You can't do that. It would mean you were mature. You remind of chicks that drink to much at the club, then stand behind the Bouncer mouthing off to folks. Do me favor be cool or be gone. Feel Me?

Back to Basketball talk. Marburys numbers lie. He has Big O numbers, but lacks Big O's heart and basketball IQ. Robertson only looked to score when necessary. The rest of the time he was a PASS FIRST PG. Garnett for years hated Marbury. The two finally passed words this year. Garnett is soooo desperate to win he would endorse Mugsey Bouges if he thought it would make a difference. I love this quote, so I'll quote me again....

There comes a time in everyone's life where problems stop being about everyone else, and start being about you

Marbury and Larry Brown probably hate each other so much because they are exactly the same. Selfish tyrants who care nothing about anyone who isn't them. Both have a repeated history of alienating and destroying everything they touch in a basketball sense. Neither works well with others. Both have professed their undying love for the Knicks franchise, yet neither has done anything to make things better. Say what you want. Kurt Thomas was leading he did it with heart. He try against Shaq. He wouldn't blame his weak side help. He just shut up and compete. Shandon Anderson gets blasted all the time. So does Allan Houston. So Does Kurt Thomas. Answer me this one thing though? How many 23 win seasons were they apart of? How bout Don Cheaney, Herb Williams, Lenny Willkens.I say we sens both Brown and Marbury packing.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
hahaha! I laugh everytime you post something, you never let me down. YOU ARE A JOKE. You can't even argue cuz you take everything personal. But it's ok cuz unlike you, I brush haters off like it's a part time job. I'm glad you decided to write a little column about me. But I'mma be like ya boy tim thomas and blow you a kiss cuz you soft with a capital T. Peops is right around here....let's move on cuz this is getting silly. When people start crying then we must move on. Everyone has their own opinions although some are very wrong....

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The 1 and Only: You are truly full of girl flaws. Change your tampon, and get off the bozak. If you don't want a personal reaction, don't say anything that can be taken personally. Again you live to form as the drunk chick poppin off from a distance...TYPICAL!

I too am ready to move on. Marbury and Brown still suck. Both need to be anywhere but here. I just want the Knicks to win. Those two don't have any interest in that. There actions have spoken a lot louder than their words.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
DR. CARPY: What do you know bout tampons dawg? Have you been experimenting? This is a basketball forum not a diss forum. So if you experiment using tampons then keep it to yourself cuz no one wants to know about you or you're PMS tantrums. Talk sports...not u hittin on drunk chicks. My final words you to is get a life....anyone can talk trash on the internet but if it all came down to it... how many 6'6 260 pound girls you know playa? I will stomp you down with one shoe dawg. I'm through with you playa...you the lil bia bia that just can't keep his mouth shut. I will give you permission to keep running ur mouth but you'll only be talking to a ghost cuz I won't be listening....1

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
6'0 250 Lbs. In Edmonton AB, Canada. Still unafraid. Still here. I'm married by the way. I fought with bigger guys than you. And I've yet to lose. Your a parrot. I write something clever and you echo it back, incoherently. For all your mouth, your height should have gotten you somewhere. Obviously, it hasn't. You bore me. What next you gonna threaten to beat up my wife..how bout my dad? Mom? You seemed to have taken this waaay more personal than me. Read your posts. You are SWEET! Just a 6'6. Strawberry. Call me when you get a job as network Admin for your local government. That's what I do. I used to program databases. Now I run the network. So I guess I'm stupid, cause I make six figures. An even in canadian, that probably 3-6x you. Again Edmonton. Alberta. Canada. PM if you want the address. Cause you still come like a chick. Later Venus!!! I'll expect your post in the next 15 minutes...you seem to be at my beck and call....

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
you must have some personal issues man...I'ma let you go handle that...but as far as everything else goes, I don't have a prollum with you. It just seems that you're a lil hot head. Ain't nuffin wrong with that, just don't come hot with me cuz I don't play around with that. Keep your opinion and I'll keep mine....end of story period...I'm finishing it. Something I should have done a long time ago cuz somebody takes things too personal. WE TALK BASKETBALL HERE NOT ME HURTING SOMEBODY! I'd shake your hand right now if i were to meet you...that's the kinda man I am, talk basketball or shut up. God bless you

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Yo this is a bugged out Forum. I thought I was bad with the text beef, you two are wide open! Let's take a step back. I know how it is I've got my shadow following me around here trying to box me out but let's get back on topic.
On one hand we've got the supporters of Marbury. Some are his fans others just think he's a solid player.

On the other hand we've got those that think he's a
cancer and should be traded or even released.

It can clearly be read that I am a supporter of Marbury but I respect all of your views. The views from both sides that is until it gets stupid. The suggestion that Steph should be released is stupid. The suggestion that Step is NOT one of the league's top 10 pg's is stupid and wrong. We all should do our homework prior to making those kind of clames. Every one posting up here has internet access so check out the stats. Those of us that tried out the fantasy league know the stats, we lived buy them. All I'm trying to say is can we all try to make a little sense here and respect each other's views? Be realistic. Marbury is at a max contract. He wont be released and statisticly he is the best player on the team. We call can see what happened to them when he got injured. Look past your hate and admiration for Marbury and you will see the truth

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I hear a lot of people in this forum say this: "We all can see what happened to them when he got injured." I don't understand that. The Knicks were still horrible even when Marbury was there in the beginning of the season. The only bright spot of the season was the 6 game win streak in the beginning of the year.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
hahahaha this thread is gettin to be funny as hell. here's my thoughts...

1. dr. carpy why the f*ck u so angry for. i aint gonna lie i can see u know ur sh*t about the game and all but dam. ur having a debate over basketball its not like the dude just f*ckd ur wife. who the hell in their right mind is gonna go to canada to fight some guy they disagreed with in a knick forum? go 2 a bar and fight a nugga or 2, f*ck ur wife, buy a stressball, do somethin to get out that anger inside. but let me ask u this. what point guards in the league right now would you say are BETTER than marbury?

2. kcchief88- u added a reason, im impressed. 'he crys about getting fouled'. not for nothing it is one of his roles as a captain to make sure the refs are calling an even game. every single player in the league @ some point or time complains to the ref. if u ever played any kind of sport u would know it happens. just for the record when i play in the streets i never call fouls. my pride wont let me.

3. out of all the point guards in the nba. marbury is 2nd in career averages for both points (#1 Gilbert Arenas) and assists (#1 Jason Kidd). that means nothing? here's a new stat for u. in his 10 years as a nba player he averages 16.5 shots per game. wow talk about a ballhog. because he averages 20+ points a game doesnt mean he's a shoot first player. because he averages 8+ assists a game doesn't mean he only runs picks and rolls...

it means stephon marbury is the best point guard offensively (just like shaq says). his ability to pass is equal to his ability to score.

Allen

Benchwarmer
For some reason people on this thread seem to forget it is defense that wins championships. The problem with Marbury is not his scoring nor his distribution as his numbers can attest to but his unwillingness to play on both sides of the court. I keep seeing Kidd, Billups, Wade, Parker torch Marbury whenever he defends them.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
last season here's what the players u named averaged in scoring against stephon...
t. parker - 19ppg
chauncey - 11ppg
kidd- 9ppg
d-wade - 29ppg

thats nothin too dramatic considering d-wade averaged 27.2ppg for the season. once the team heard enough of coach brown talkin to the media they gave up. not just stephon, just about every player on the team showed no heart. the team was tore apart. what does that result in? lack of defense and an a league high in turnovers.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm still trying to figure out where this 20/9 stats are coming from. I went on NBA.com and even though "Starbury" is the 5th highest paid player in the league, he wasn't in the top 10 in any major statistical catagories. That includes scoring, rebounds, assists, steals, fg%... I spun it 10 ways to Sunday to find redeeming stats. I just did guards.... they didn't have a separate catagory for PGs... 20/9 must be career averages because last year he was a 16/6 guy. That doesn't get it done for the 5th highest paid player in the league. There was great article that now I'm trouble finding about the flaws in the Knicks team and they all spin back to Marbury. He is a shoot first, pass second guard and by the time the team gets into the sets, its late in the shot clock. Not only that he plays no d against the opposing guards. Remember Charlie Ward, Chris Childs, and Greg Anthony??? They played defense. The PG is the QB of the team and if you don't d him up, the opposing team will score at will. Staying with the football analogy, if your QB is the highest paid player on your team and you go 3-13, some of the blame has to fall in his lap. Why do you think the Jets aren't betting the farm on Pennington and want him to take a pay cut. I'm sorry but I'm a real Knicks fan and its just kills me to see one player who is hometown boy of all things mess with my squad. :hoops:

Real Knicks Fans....

This constant criticizm of Marbury needs to stop. There are 29 nba teams. How many points guards are better than Steph? On your best day, if you are seriously objective, you may name 3. And that is honestly a stretch. It's standard to say Jason Kidd is better, I will grant you that, if only for one more year. You may even want to say two time mvp Steve Nash, and that is acceptable. I cant honestly name anyone else, but I am sure someone will come up with something. But if we are really being objective, then he really is no worse than the 3rd best. Self proclaimed best or not is irrelevant. His numbers are not lying on him. How many championships have Steve Nash won? How about Jason Kidd? If your biggest argument is that they make their teams better then you have to be careful of that as well. Who on the Knicks resemble Dirk Nowitzki, or Michael Finley when Nash was in Dallas? Or Amare, and Shawn Marion in Phoenix? Who on the Knicks remind you of Vince Carter or Kenyon Martin? Listen I can go on and on with this. The point is, you people need to be careful of what you ask for. There once was a period of time where Howard Eisley was your point. There was another period of time when Chris Childs was the point. And yet another time when it was Charlie Ward. On Wards best day he was a better QB than a point guard. And I know damn well people are not clamoring for the days of Charlie Ward, he of the Jew hater variety. Ward could never compare to Marbury. During his days the Knicks were good because of other players like Oakley, Ewing, Starks, etc. Ward was barely a contributor to that team. So come one people lets get real here.