Who's the bigger snake?

Starks

Starter
Reading the papers this past week, it seems as if Thomas is manipulating the media more than Brown did all season. I never seen anything like this before in sports. Its like one of those bitter relationships that everyone knows needs to end, but the couple still sticks around in hopes of not giving in to rumors.

I think that Thomas has the hand. He really is making Brown look like his b*ch. I guess since Brown did him dirty in the papers all year, this is Thomas's way of payback.

(incase you havent noticed, I just wanted a new thread because the Marbury war one has gone to far. I think its gona beat out the "KG to Knicks" thread that dragged around all season)

Please people, drop the Marbury thing and come up with new disscusions. I rely on this site to make the work day go faster.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I dont know who the bigger snake is. There have been reports that Brown wanted the Knicks GM position at the beginning of the season. Those were the reports. Dont know how true they are but it goes to show that many people think Larry Brown has his own agenda. I'm more concerned with who can do a better job with this current roster and that I believe is Isiah Thomas. He build the team, let him run it. If he fails then he'll be out. Ether way it's the best move for the New York Knicks.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Knicks mgt is doing to larry what he did to the knicks all season - drag them thru the mud - payback's a bitch ain't it

Allen

Benchwarmer
I'm sticking with LB all the way. I think he is a great couch despite this season's record. I think the best thing for the Knicks would be to forget about the win now mentality, keep LB and rebuild the roster from the ground up. We have been losing for years anyway, we mind as well rebuild the right way while we are at it.

paris401

Starter
Trin_Starr said:
Knicks mgt is doing to larry what he did to the knicks all season - drag them thru the mud - payback's a b***h ain't it

i agree with ya... the only difference is at the end of the day larry will have 40m in his pocket...

i'd be willing tobe dragged thru the mud for a lot less...

donchris

Allen said:
I'm sticking with LB all the way. I think he is a great couch despite this season's record. I think the best thing for the Knicks would be to forget about the win now mentality, keep LB and rebuild the roster from the ground up. We have been losing for years anyway, we mind as well rebuild the right way while we are at it.

I dont think any one is saying Larry is a bad coach, it's just that he dogged out his players in the media and had no consistent rotation which is the core cause for our losses. A coaches job is to motivate his players. That's why Pat Riley is so good. Riley doesn't tear down he uplifts. Brown hasn't done that. His main concern seems to be him. I've never seen a coach attack a player in the media the way he did. It's wrong and unprofessional. I would have given him a second year but at this point we should just get all of this over with.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Larry Brown can coach, but he also tends to micro manage too much. With the Pistons he didnt have too, he had five veterans and they played 35 plus minutes. The Knicks on the other hand, he played musical chairs and half the time I was shaking my head at his sub patterns. Why sometimes he would let Lee and Robinson rot on the bench. Or how he wouldnt let this team run when they are clearly built to run. Especially with the rule of no hand-checking being really dogged, the team could have penetrated all day and night.

Larry Brown when he left the Pistons, dogged them. He played around the idea that he was going to be the Cavs president. Then during the year he actually told the press the Knicks is his dream job, WHILE EMPLOYED by the Pistons. Then after the year, when everyone and their brother knew Brown wasn't going back to the Pistons. He came out and released a press statement saying he is looking forward to coaching them. After of course he was passed over for the Cavs position. Then he should have BEEN A MAN and resigned, instead he just sat and waited and knew the Pistons would buy out a portion of his contract to cut ties with the guy. Doing so, the Pistons owner said Larry Brown is a bad person. This alone says it ALL!

He is the worst kind of guy, a power freak and a media whore! He wanted the GM position and in my opinion that is why he coached the team the way he did. It could not jell thus it could not succeed! Then you add guys like Jalen Rose and Steve Francis and the team still struggles to score! Kidding me, he was choking the life out of the team with the hope Dolan would can Thomas! Well Dolan told LB not to use the media to rip on the team, and so how long did he rip Steph before Steph FINALLY came out with his own statement! Larry Brown is a chump....

Dont forget, Thomas helped the development of Jermane O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley, both very good players. Thomas also took that team to the playoffs and almost the Finals. He can coach, the players will LOVE TO PLAY FOR HIM, unlike Larry Brown, the players hate!

It is a young team and going to get younger with two guys coming and not counting the possible deals coming! We need a coach who can relate to the players and let the players have some flexiability. They should not have to worry about making one mistake then getting yanked!

As I said, I could not believe the sub patterns Brown was using..

Look at his history, sure he has won... But he only has one title in the NBA and if you look at the teams he helped make successful, they ALL HAD a new young STAR come on board or already there ready to blossom.

Larry Brown, if I was the Knicks I would drag this out... so I make sure he isnt coaching next year. I also would only offer a buyout of only 10 million and if he didnt take it.. OK sure.. But you will be a consultant who we never consult for the next 5 years...

Good Riddence

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
dagreek34, i couldnt have said it better myself. i really think larry sabotaged our squad last season. that alone shows just how much he really cares for the team. he doesnt give 2 sh*ts about the knicks. all he cares about is himself and the image the media portrays of him. anyone who watches how he coachs' and pays attention to the moves he makes on the bench can tell he is the most over rated coach in the nba, ever.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
What is worst... is what Larry Brown did to the USA Basketball team! Everyone knows we could have played full court, pressing run and gun basketball and blew any international team out of the water... BUT instead they had to play basketball the "right way"!

Just how dumb does he look, keeping Amare to the bench in Athens and the year he put up! Or Anthony, or Lebron...

I cant stand the guy... Plus down in Tampa I have a couple of friends who are close to some NBA guys and they all say the same thing, he is a good coach, but he is also a jerk.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
what he did to our team in athens should have been a sign of things to come. lets put it this way, when u have a roster like this...

pg- allen iverson
sg- dwyane wade
sf- lebron james
pf- amare stoudemire
c- tim duncan

backups
pg- stephon marbury
sg- richard jefferson / carmello anthony
sf- shawn marion / lamar odom
pf- carlos boozer
c- emeka okafor

and u cant bring home gold. there isnt something wrong with the players. theres something wrong with the f*ckin coach. a good coach coulda went in without even using any of those starters and took gold home, but not LB. even in the f*ckin olympics he has to talk sh*t about his players to the media. he points the fingers @ players like stephon, lebron and carmello. not for not LB, if it wasn't for mabury taking matters into his own hands against spain and droppin 31, then the US wouldnt even have won bronze.

donchris

That's a damn good point! No one talks about Mabury's performance in Spain. I'm interested to see what he can do next season. As specially with all this talk of he's behond healed.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Larry Brown success is almost a thing of the past! His style is going to conflict with where the NBA is heading. The NBA big wigs want teams to score more, and run more. If you dont buy this notion, just look no further than the rule NO HAND-CHECKING! Can you imagine what Jordan may have done if he had not been hand-checked 24/7.

Also a great point about Marbury and Spain. He saved their ass.

But as one dude said, the roster had it all! But Larry Brown just was the WORST coach for the NBA in Athens. THE WORST. We had a young team and should have been led by the younger players. Amare, Lebron, Wade, Anthony. But Larry Brown hates rooks. I still can not believe what Larry Brown tried to do to Nate Robinson. After the kid goes out at All Star weekend and basically put on a show. The whole NBA was waiting to see the kid and this momentum he would have out of the gate heading into the second half of the season. but what did Larry Brown do? He de-activated Nate for like 10 straight games! He tries to hurt people.

Plus I am not buying the BS that he is a fantastic Coach! You go all the way back to when he bounced into UCLA, he did so with a good experienced group of kids. But when the going was about to get tough, what does he do, but bail on them. Just go back and look at all his times at a team, you WILL see either one of two things; A. Young super-star player grows into an elite player or B. A newcomer comes along who is an elite player, David Robinson comes to mind. HE did not win until the Pistons won it all, and Carlisle would probably have done so if given the chance. Do not blame Saunders for the Pistons collapse! They have no depth and the team ran out of gas, especially ben Wallace and Sheed. Plus Sheed needs to shed some weight.

Dolan you may not like him, but the dude is spending money to bring players to the team. Would you rather have an owner who just cut costs? Or one who is willing to go out and get players. Dolan most likely spoke to the Pistons owner and received some advice and put some restrictions on Brown and it did not take long for Brown to begin attacking the team, its players. I still am shocked it too so long for Steph to come out and defend himself!

Larry Brown at this stage of his career, knows his next move is upstairs. So he wants the GM position and when it became clear, he had no chance at it, in my honest opinion Larry Brown sabotaged the Knicks season, tried to hurt his own players. Just once I would love to hear him say, it was ALL HIS FAULT.

This Micro-managing, egotistic, media whore, basketball god wanna-be needs to be taught a lesson. I HOPE THE KNICKS do not let him leave, let him be a consultant. The reason he has not been fired yet, is cause Brown is trying to take all the money. The Knicks know he doesn't deserve that, so hold out... Hopefully all the jobs are taken then what does Brown do? I hate this dude..