Mutombo

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i agree. if we want to sign dikembe, this is the time.
as i know there are few teams where mutombo could play: knicks, sixers, raptors, mavs or pacers. i don't think he'll go back with philly, but he still wants to play for a winning team, and i don't think the knicks are in his views. Tho, if we aquirre him, he'll be our first true center since Ewing

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
Mutombo is done, there's no sense to sign him. he had his time when he was playing for atlanta, and i really don't know how he can help us.
why do we want to add another injured player on our list?

GhostNYK

Benchwarmer
i say sign him for a year. he'll do a decent job , and thomas will get some pf time. doesn't matter he's old, it would be foolish not to grab him now, when he's cheap

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i don't know if thomas will be that happy to play pf

"He's got to come in and fight for this job," Thomas said. "He can't beat me down the floor. I'd have a field day [against him], pull him out, shoot my jumper or blow right by him. I'm not going to hand my job over to anyone."

GhostNYK

Benchwarmer
rady said:

"He's got to come in and fight for this job," Thomas said. "He can't beat me down the floor. I'd have a field day [against him], pull him out, shoot my jumper or blow right by him. I'm not going to hand my job over to anyone."

love the way thomas stands up for himself. if mutombo will be aquired, probably so will van exel, and that means bye bye thomas

rady

Administrator
Staff member
official statements on the official site of the NY Knicks:

Knicks President and General Manager Scott Layden commented Tuesday that the team is interested in signing 7-2 center Dikembe Mutombo to the roster, saying "He just went on waivers and we certainly have interest in him. We've had interest in him for a long time." Mutombo was waived Tuesday by the New Jersey Nets and must pass through a 48-hour waiver period without being claimed before he would become a free agent on Thursday.

should we say.. welcome deke?

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
GhostNYK said:
rady said:

love the way thomas stands up for himself. if mutombo will be aquired, probably so will van exel, and that means bye bye thomas

chalenge accepted my deke:

"Kurt Thomas is a center?" Mutombo cracked after his first Knick practice. "I didn't know. I thought he was a four. He's my teammate. I like the way he competes, but if he wants to put up some fight, he's going to get some fight.