A LIST OF THE LEAGUES' GIFTED YOUNG PLAYERS

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I have put together a list of the leagues top young players which are all accessable to the New York Knicks.

Al Harrington SF Hawks Free Agent
Chris Wilcox PF SuperSonics 3.5 mill next yr
Andre Miller PG Nuggets Free Agent
Steve Blake PG Trail Blazers 2 mill over next 2yrs.
Eddie Griffin PF T-Wolves 8 mill over next 3yrs
Reggie Evans PF Nuggets Free Agent
Luke Ridnour PG SuperSonics 5 mill over next 2yrs
Speedy Claxton PG Hornets Free Agent
Ben Gordon SG Bulls 15 mill over next 3yrs

ny3nyk

Rotation player
denver has reportedly put EVERYBODY on the block exept anthony of course. i like claxton gordon and miller as our starting pg but another question comes into play: where do marbury and francis go? Wilcox will probably be off limits because of his play with seattle and how successful the sonics were down the stretch of the season. eddie griffin is a gamble because of his off-court antics (drinking, violence, drug possession) but im hoping its past him because he is a real versatile big man who can really block. of them, i'd say the #1 guy we have to try real hard to get is harrington. (like nobody saw that coming)

ps: you forgot somebody else we could use; joel pryzbilla. willing to test the market and may be a great backup center

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
I dont think the Knicks will test Free Agency. I do think Chris Wilcox is a great young player, also the guy Wilcox was traded for. That dude on the Clippers in one period I watched put on a clinic, he made like 5 straight shots and four were threes. I forget his name, he is a free agent too. A big who can shoot like that is going to get big money from someone. The Knicks may deal a player or two after the draft, my best bet is Q and a veteran Big.

I am a huge Anthony fan, Andre Miller is not that good. So I would stay away from him.

The Knicks have two picks and I expect them to take one big who is athletic and a great shot blocker and a SF;

Josh Boone: Say waht you want, he can block shots and rebound. People will argue his consistency, but with all the weapons on the team, it is a wonder he EVER got the ball on offense.

Shawne Williams: This kid if he stayed in school is a sure fire Lottery Pick, he can do everything.

This is my hopes...

Then trade Q and someone else to the Nuggets for Kenyon.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
kenyon=no-no. has everybody forgot channing frye? another year off the bench means 10-15 pts when 35-40 min. a night can mean 20-25 pts a night

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
no one has 4got about channing frye. did u 4get about the game when nate crached into his knee and seeing him hobble off the court in pain. its rare that u see knee injuries get 100% better. kenyon martin was a dominant force when he was on the nets, even after his knee injury. im not expectin him to come into ny and drop 20+ppg. im lookin for him to come to ny and become a role player, like ben wallace. id rather see him down low instead of channing. if he could learn how to just focus on rebounds and blocks i think that is one thing our team is missing for success. this team is loaded with scorers already(marbury, crawford, curry). just like ben wallace said "the knicks need a role player". hes right. having an extra 10-15 boards and a couple of blocks a game could be key to what this team needs to win.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Wilcox hand his elevation in Seattle was SICK. That boy can jump and he had some huge games for that team. With defense spread out, Wilcox could be a star for them.

As for my idea of Kenyon coming to the Knicks. The Knicks need someone who is going to contest shots, play hard nosed defense out of the low post, and be an enforcer! They lack this BIG TIME. The Nuggets need a SG badly. I would not offer up any of the youngsters, but I would offer up Q. He just dont seem like he fits.

Like 516 says, Kenyon is expected to be the Second Option in Denver and well he can't. But you put him on a team loaded with scorers he is a threat. He is a AWESOME on the offensive boards.

But who knows, the Knicks could dangle picks out there, or they could take some rugged rebounding shot blocker as well.

Starks

Starter
This Kenyon Martin talk needs to be shot down. Look he's a hard nosed player, and capable of playing like an All-Star when he is healthy and has a good point guard, but he gets pai wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much to even entertain the thought of him in NY.

We have enough cancers in the locker room, and the Knicks have enough problems with fan relations this decade to become the NBA's expensive version of the Blazers (which i think we are turning into through the league's eyes)

Secondly, we are not close to even scratching the postseasn next year, so lets really give Frye all the minutes and playing time we can give him to see what kind of stuff this kid has.

If we were a postseason team with an identity and good leaership in the locker room and front office, then Martin might be a good idea...but he gets paid too much people. And his health is not even stable. Didn't you guys learn anything from the Antonion Mcdyeis (however the do u spell it lol) trade. Frye can be a Camby type guy for the fans.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i would give up quentin richardson and jerome james for kenyon martin. denver so desperatly needs a perimeter shooter and we so desperatly need a 'banger' down low on the boards and blocks. we also desperatly need to get rid of jerome james' ridiculous contract. q-rich and james' contracts' for next year combine for $12.9 mill and k-marts is $11.8. it would drop money off the cap.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
and the problem with the blazers is they dont have 1 superstar or leader on their team, NOT 1. its a mess over in portland. if u look @ their roster u would see the gm needs to be shot. @ least isiah has brought some talent into ny. now he hasta make it mesh...

Starks

Starter
sxmarbury516 said:
i would give up quentin richardson and jerome james for kenyon martin. denver so desperatly needs a perimeter shooter and we so desperatly need a 'banger' down low on the boards and blocks. we also desperatly need to get rid of jerome james' ridiculous contract. q-rich and james' contracts' for next year combine for $12.9 mill and k-marts is $11.8. it would drop money off the cap.

to get rid of james, i think i would do that. But I don't like the idea of him being on the roster for more than 2 seasons. I hate the idea of him cutting into Frye's minutes. Anyone have any idea how long the knicks have Q and James on contract for?

I liked Q's heart that he showed towards middle of season. That locker room fight with Marbury showed that he cared......or just didnt like steph?

donchris

Richardson and James are both on contract until 2010. I like Frye but I'm old school when it comes to rookies. I think he should not start. At least not at first. Let him earn his spot from ground up. No one wants James. He'll need at least one year to prove he can be at the very least simi-productive before any one will bite.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
as much as u might think no one wants james, do u think denver will get any better offers? i doubt it. teams know denver will not go into next season with him on their roster. q-rich and james dont fit in ny and k-mart doesnt fit in denver. i think it would only benefit both teams.

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
i don't think the knicks need anybody else. IMO i think our squad is pretty solid right now. The only reason we can't win anything is cuz our team doesnt have any chemistry since people are constantly being shipped out and brought in. I rather have our squad right now play with teamwork and a good chemistry than any player named up there. Plus getting more people would juss dig us deeper in salary cap hell.

Thats juss my 2 cents

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't want to see Q go in a trade. He's young and a very good swingman who can easily recover his shot and plays excellent defense. He would be an awesome sixth man. I'd rather ship out Francis.

Forget about K-Mart... he's slowly imploding. I'd rather go after the likes of Rashard Lewis, Chris Wilcox or Al Harrington.

I'd also rather have Eddie Griffin than Kenyon. He does need a tight leash, or a parole officer, but he's young, is a monster shotblocker, can pop the three and play any of the three positions up front. He's a role player that would make a huge difference in this current team (Curry, Lee, Griffin, Crawford and Steph would be a promising squad).

donchris

portega1968 said:
I don't want to see Q go in a trade. He's young and a very good swingman who can easily recover his shot and plays excellent defense. He would be an awesome sixth man. I'd rather ship out Francis.

Forget about K-Mart... he's slowly imploding. I'd rather go after the likes of Rashard Lewis, Chris Wilcox or Al Harrington.

I'd also rather have Eddie Griffin than Kenyon. He does need a tight leash, or a parole officer, but he's young, is a monster shotblocker, can pop the three and play any of the three positions up front. He's a role player that would make a huge difference in this current team (Curry, Lee, Griffin, Crawford and Steph would be a promising squad).

AMEN BROTHER! TESTIFYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

I've been saying get Lewis and Harrington for months.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
sxmarbury516 said:
no one has 4got about channing frye. did u 4get about the game when nate crached into his knee and seeing him hobble off the court in pain. its rare that u see knee injuries get 100% better. kenyon martin was a dominant force when he was on the nets, even after his knee injury. im not expectin him to come into ny and drop 20+ppg. im lookin for him to come to ny and become a role player, like ben wallace. id rather see him down low instead of channing. if he could learn how to just focus on rebounds and blocks i think that is one thing our team is missing for success. this team is loaded with scorers already(marbury, crawford, curry). just like ben wallace said "the knicks need a role player". hes right. having an extra 10-15 boards and a couple of blocks a game could be key to what this team needs to win.

we dont need to pay martin 6 mil (dunno exact number) to not drop 20+ pts a night. we need him to be the superstar that he is, but yea we do need role players and channing's career should not be limited to role player because his potential faaaaarrrr exeeds that. also, since when is it wrong when u have more than 3 justified scorers on your team that can each contribute on a daily basis. yea they have holes in their defense but thats what experience and good coaching is there for. also, on channing frye's rebounding and blocking, frye is more of a perimeter oriented big man that can also drive to the hoop for easy lay ups. he can eventually learn to be rough inside the paint, but, coaching staff should not change the identity of frye's game

ps: when did big ben comment on role players? is he considering signing with ny?

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
portega, i like how u would prefer lee in the starting 5 over channing. i do agree with u on that one.

and can eddie griifin really shoot a 3 pointer? i see he's listed as a center, u would have him play the sf? im confused. whats the deal with him. im hoping next year al harrington will be our starting sf.

as 4 q-rich, between him and malik rose they were the only ones defending larry brown til the death last season. q was another one pointing the finger @ his teammates lack of play, meanwhile he had the worst season of his career. he didnt even score 20 points in a single game last year. i dont think its a good idea to let him stick around.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
sxmarbury516 said:
portega, i like how u would prefer lee in the starting 5 over channing. i do agree with u on that one.

and can eddie griifin really shoot a 3 pointer? i see he's listed as a center, u would have him play the sf? im confused. whats the deal with him. im hoping next year al harrington will be our starting sf.

as 4 q-rich, between him and malik rose they were the only ones defending larry brown til the death last season. q was another one pointing the finger @ his teammates lack of play, meanwhile he had the worst season of his career. he didnt even score 20 points in a single game last year. i dont think its a good idea to let him stick around.

Griffin came into the league as SF/PF, if you check his stats on nba.com, you'll see that he is a solid 3-point-shooter, he was only playing C in Minny last year, because their other options where Olowakandi, who was traded later for Blount (who isn't that much better neither).

Q-Rich didn't score that much, but i guess scoring wasn't our main problem when you have guys like Marbury, Curry, Francis, J-Rose or Crawford. He played solid D on the opponents best swingman. With his shot probably coming back the following season I would give him another chance to prove he can do better.