NBA Offseason Movement

rady

Administrator
Staff member
NYKnicks15 said:
on a side note.. i was looking at the knicks roster page today. and it lists Channing Frye as simply a Center and Curry as a Center/Forward.. interesting.. a sign of things to come?

Strange, Frye's player profile lists him as a forward..

ny3nyk

Rotation player
assuming the deaven george signing is a sign that dallas doesnt expect to resign KVH, do you think ny has any chances in offering a small deal or KVH accepting a long term deal from another team?

portega1968

El Cacique
I can't imagine KVH giving Steph a third try... 2bad, 'cause he was playing nicely before IT jettisoned him for Tiny Tim.

NYKnicks15

Starter
TORONTO- waives Alvin Williams who has roughly 14 mill left on his 2 year contract.

in other news.. memphis has yet to speak to Stromile Swift.. and they are looking for another Point guard.. hmm.

but in response to the KVH thing.. no. He will sign with Denver when its all said and done.

NYKnicks15

Starter
ORLANDO- resigns Trevor Ariza
NEW ORLEANS- resigns Rasual Butler
BOSTON- signs Kevin Pittsnoggle

SEATTLE- 2009 second round pick
NEW JERSEY- Mikki Moore

d2319

Benchwarmer
I hope they really use Trevor in Orlando! I think in my opinion they did the dumbest trade since the Shaq trade when they gave us Francis for bascially nothing!

portega1968

El Cacique
John Lucas III will impress next year just like he did at summer camp.

Pittnoggle... the new Lafrentz in Beantown (very good only 10% of the time). I'll remember him for refusing to join the Knicks summer league team this offseason...

NYKnicks15

Starter
MILWAUKEE- Steve Blake, Brian Skinner & Ha Seung-Jin
PORTLAND- Jamaal Magloire

Great move for Milwaukee. They get a backup PF and a point guard which they desperately need

ny3nyk

Rotation player
milwaukee shouldve tried to include randolph or miles in that deal but great move nevertheless

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Even though the Raptors was in need for a point guard, they shouldn't have traded Villanueva. I mean besides Chris Bosh, Villanueva was the next best big men for the raptors

NYKnicks15

Starter
With the addition of Rasho and Barganani it wasnt really necessary to keep Villeneuva..

NEW ORLEANS- signs Jannergo Pargo

CHARLOTTE- resigns Jake Voshkuhl

WASHINGTON- signs DeShawn Stevenson to a two year deal for the league minimum. A player option on the second year.

Lets see what happens with Jeffries. Keep you fingers crossed.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
why did stevenson sign for the minimum in washington instead asking for a bigger deal? sounds suspicous to me... about jeffries, i think it is likely he will sign with ny even though reports say no to that. also, realgm.com reports that ny will likely trade richardson for darius miles in portland in case jeffries does not end up in ny. miles gives us size, athletism and versatility, everything jeffries brings us but miles also comes with bad work ethic and is a problem child. i'd rather take jeffries

NYKnicks15

Starter
He signed with them for the minimum because no one else wanted to sign him. Plus they wanted enough room to resign Jeffries. He was offered a 3 yr/10 mill contract from Orlando but he thought he could get better.. they signed Bogans and he was stuck with no deals in place. It has an option next year so he will become a free agent next season.

DALLAS- Waive Pavel Podkolzin
ATLANTA- Signs Lorenzen Wright to a 2 year deal

Great move by Atlanta. Now they just need some guards.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Pretty confusing move here as I thought Denver did an incredible job at the deadline last year.. buttttt

Denver- Joe Smith
Milwaukee- Ruben Patterson

both contracts expiring.. so not sure. Good move for Milwaukee I think.. I guess a Kenyon Martin trade is looming.. I'm gonna make a call now and see if that assumption is correct..

NYKnicks15

Starter
I actually think the Bulls technically had the worst offseason..
Sure they signed Ben.. but to a big/LONG contract hell be well aged by the last two years of that contract. THEN they go and trade Tyson Chandler to New Orleans for PJ Brown & JR Smith (great move) gave them size in the backcourt and leadership but traded away youth in Tyson but not a huge loss cause they will depend (sadly) on Ben. THEN go trade JR Smith to Denver for Howard Eisley and a couple 2nd rounders?! Then let Jannergo Pargo get away to New Orleans. Not too good in my eyes

anyways..

NEW JERSEY- resign Clifford Robinson. sign Eddie House and waive Zoran Planinic