[Newsday] Balkman Was Stunned, Too

rady

Administrator
Staff member
  • It's safe to say the Knicks stunned more than a few people with their selection of relatively unknown South Carolina small forward Renaldo Balkman with the 20th pick in Wednesday's NBA draft. Balkman might have been the most surprised of all.

As Balkman said yesterday during the news conference to introduce him as a Knick, "I never thought in a million years I would be here. My childhood dreams have come true."

Balkman was watching the draft from his mother's apartment in Tampa, and the Knicks never called before making their selection. Recalling the moment his name was announced, Balkman said, "I was shocked. I was shocked. Butterflies, relief and happiness. I was with family members in Tampa. The whole apartment complex went crazy.

More on this..

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
I know some of you have read or seen the Knicks getting killed for this pick, but I have some cool inside info on the kid. See one of my boys down in Tampa helped raise this kid. He runs with the athletes down there, I lived there for three years so it is an athletes town. Joe is 6'10" and has played against all the cats down there. He can't run as well as he used to due to severe ankle problems, but he still gets involved in the Summer League down there.

My friend, Joe, said Balkman is "Rodman Crazy". He doesn't mean the attention whore, but more so the crazy energy on the court. He is a legit 6'6" and can jump well and has long arms. He is also the kind of guy who NEVER stops running. Joe told me his deep shot isn't there yet, but the kid can ball and the kid has a nice stroke out to 18. He said the Knicks will love him and so will the fans.

Why Did I Agree To Work For These Idiots?

Hell, I was more stuned than anyone!! Can anyone say: A fool and his money (TWO fools in this case) is soon parted ?? Make that par'tayed, which is what I'll be doing with aaaaaall of Dolan's (unfortunately that would actually be the fan's) money, thanks to my $50mil friend Isiah Thomas and all the losers he drafted.

And hey, by the way, so what if I did want to move in to the GM spot!!? That position is going to be VACANT, and REAL soon anyway !

Hey!! My mom didn't raise no fool like those other two suckers.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This draft was more for the future more than anything...no one in this draft unless a trade went down, was going to make an impact on this roster. The depth charts were already filled before this draft happened so the rookies are going to get "experience minutes" aka garbage time