New Year!!! Feelin' "Good"

Its been a while since I've posted a topic on this website. I want to start by saying' that i'm kind of excited about the draft picks, and Thomas being the new head coach.When Thomas was a coach for the Indiana Pacers they had a winning record each year and i think every year they made it to the playoffs. Going through the Larry Brown mess...I think that having Thomas as a coach is good because he will only have about three or four line-ups the whole season compared to Brown's 42 line-ups. Thomas said they drafted defense and I believe that. Both picks led their team in steals. balkman does look like a very energetic person who can play good defense. Collins does add size to our guards.Last but least leave your 2006-07 knicks Line-up

PG-Stephon
SG-Q.Rich
SF-Jalen Rose
PF-Channing Frye
C-Eddy Curry

ny3nyk

Rotation player
im exited too, all the drama about brown has passed and we can strictly focus on the team.i think the 2 rookies weren't as good as lee, nate and frye but they were solid picks in my opinion. about your line up, i think rose and taylor (who will be free agents) will be either used as bait or cap relief so this is probably their last year in a knick uniform. i thought i read a report that thomas was shoping q but i thought q was such an important part of our defense and his 3 point touch will defintly come back. the rookies (including the 3 from last year) will def. be part of our system.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I wouldnt be too certain on that lineup. Expect a few moves to be made. I would expect Q to still be here though (due to Isiah not being able to trade him) and I think if we do go run&gun he will flourish. But then again Steph and him dont like each other so it's possible Isiah will take crap just to rid himself of Q.

Francis is as good as gone. I keep hearing we wont get value for him. Well what is his value exactly? I think as long as we get something decent and not horrible contracts in return get him out of here. Al for Steve is something I'm still hoping for.

last.. I wouldnt expect all three of our rookies from last year or the two we have now to be here. With the addition of Balkman and our need for a shotblocking/bruiser PF I wouldnt say Nate or Lee or Collins are locks to stay.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Not only is steve francis's trade value below par...any trade involving him will hurt us unless it is for Al Harrington. If we trade the franchise now we won't get equal talent in return regardless. I say we give stevie an equal chance to play in the system and if it doesn't work out then trade him by the deadline

Marcellus02 said:
... i'm kind of excited about the draft picks, and Thomas being the new head coach. ...

This site is evidently for the enlistment of the mentally handicapped. What a bunch of tools you people are. I've not heard such brainless banter since having worked for two of the most incredibly brainless nut sacks on the planet, those being Isiah Thomas and James Dolan (who owes me $40mil I might add). My goodness!! Get a brain and a life people. You are nothing but a site full of brainless tards I say!

PS, by the way, Marbury is nothing but a sloth and a slacker, and I never told Thomas to bring in Francis. Do you actually think I would have drafted a Balkman? Please, give me a little more credit than that !! LOL. Oh well, think I'll go spend some of Dolan's money on my cute little honey. SEEEEya!

paris401

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
I

Francis is as good as gone. I keep hearing we wont get value for him. Well what is his value exactly? I think as long as we get something decent and not horrible contracts in return get him out of here. Al for Steve is something I'm still hoping for.

equal ( =) value for the franchise is hard to gauge... orlando gave him to us for free, so that's tells u the value they placed on him... and the time he spent with us at least in my opinion did'nt increase his value (ofcourse one could argue brown mis-used him).

'if' (a big IF) thomas finds someone to take the franchise, it has to be for an equal contract, so i don't think he is going anywhere.

thomas .. start working some magic...

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
im not feeling good about this yr. after the mess brown made im not feeling so optimistic about our squad. it feels like just yesterday when i posted in that "Welcome Larry Brown" board. i derno i reallii dont think we have it this year either.

Finesse

Benchwarmer
I have a very good feeling about the upcoming year. I think Malik Rose, Jalen Rose and Maurice Taylor are gone. Maybe you could replace Jalen Rose with Steve Francis, but three of those guys are gone. We have got to keep all of our young talent together. They are our future. A return of Trevor Ariza would be nice, also. And keep Quentin Richardson, too. He showed fire late last year.
I hope that is Larry Brown. If it is, I can tell him this: your sabotage job was not appreciated last season. I hope you catch a coaching job, preferably out west. That way, maybe your team will come into the Garden after about 3 weeks, when the Knicks are streaking. I just want to hear the Gardens’ reaction then. I noticed ‘banned’ written under your handle. Damn, fired from your job And can’t get in a forum!!

Feel Good About This ...

The only thing feel good about next year is that it will be the year that Thomas finally gets his ass kicked out the organization because he hasn't a clue about what the hell he's doing, nor does Captain Retard, Dolan who hired him. This is the year that this will finally become obvious to all those who continue to wear his jock strap on their heads.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This roster was built by IT...Isiah is coaching this roster...he definitely knows what he's doing even though none of us can confirm that. Even though it's obvious that you hate IT and James Dolan...and I don't blame you it's just that this year is looking better already believe it or not...hate it or not... I'm rooting for my coach and if he fails then he fails... but I guarantee he's definitely an upgrade from LB...you can't instill a 40-year old basketball ethic into a bunch of 20 year old, athletic, talented bunch of guys without have a little conflict. We definitely have a better coach for our roster in Isiah

d2319

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
I wouldnt be too certain on that lineup. Expect a few moves to be made. I would expect Q to still be here though (due to Isiah not being able to trade him) and I think if we do go run&gun he will flourish. But then again Steph and him dont like each other so it's possible Isiah will take crap just to rid himself of Q.

last.. I wouldnt expect all three of our rookies from last year or the two we have now to be here. With the addition of Balkman and our need for a shotblocking/bruiser PF I wouldnt say Nate or Lee or Collins are locks to stay.
How would Q Rich flourish? Thats when he was good on the Suns. They did a run and gun type.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Re-read what I wrote.. "I think if we do go run&gun he will flourish".. so yeah.. I said if we go back to the system, which it seems like we will, that he played his best in.. that he'd flourish..

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Wow! A poster named Larry Brown! I don't know what's more pathetic, LB's coaching or a wannabe LB who uses terms like Captain Retard. THat sounds so grade school. Yawn! I like the Knicks line up as is. I think Al Harrington needs the ball a lot to be effective. He's been the Man up in the ATL, so the Knicks need guys that can follow. As much as it pains me to say this, Marbury is the guy here. He will have to control the ball here. If Guys move on offense, Playoffs won't be an issue. Isiah thinks so to read the article in the wonderful article section. LB feel free to go find a job on the dark side of the moon....what they won't hire your there either? I'm out like piano ties and LB as has head coach!!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
That's right peops...I'm smelling playoffs for the first time in years! If starbury and francis live up to there all-star status alone we will make the playoffs. But if frye, curry, JC, Q-Rich, J-Rose, or Nate Robinson want to add some flavor to the stew then we might press further than the first round...we are a very deep young team with a spice of veteran leadership. I'm feelin this roster...no changes need to be made as of yet...especially if David Lee pans out to be another star out of our sophmore class

Allen

Benchwarmer
I'm cautiously optimistic about this season. Eventhough the offense will be opened up by Isiah, I get this feeling that he will put so much emphasis on offense that he will neglect the defense. With this new era of a run and gun offense it is now even more important to put more emphasis on defense. Blocking shots and creating turnovers are now more important than ever.

I am not as confident in the team when they come up against some of the better teams in the east, such as NJ, cleveland, Chicago, Indiana, Miami, and Detroit minus Ben Wallace. Most likely we will make the playoffs because the east is pretty weak but I doubt we will get very far though.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
Allen said:
Most likely we will make the playoffs because the east is pretty weak but I doubt we will get very far though.

i dont think the east is weak anymore. weve been winning the all-star game and the finals dominantly for the past 4-5 years. i believe the east will come out on top again this season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I don't think the East is weak at all. Miami will be back, the Bulls will be better, Detroit is still hanging around and Cleveland will be back also. And nobody is even talking about the Wizards. Isiah will have to coach his tail off for the Knicks to do anything.