First Preseason Game: Knicks @ Wizards

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
Ok, post your comments about this game inhere. can't wait this game, hopw i won't be dissapointed.
i'm looking forward in seeing vanhorn and lampe.
final result.. hmmm knicks win by 4

GhostNYK

Benchwarmer
any1 knows is houston's gonna play?
one that will surelly not play is spoon. KVH will get the SF spot, anf thomas with doleac will get their C and PF positions

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
houston won't play, he is still injured on his right knee, dice won't play either, but about spoon, it's not that sure he won't play. chaney said he maight get some minutes
man o man i've waited for this, it was a long summer

GO KNICKS!

allan20

Benchwarmer
Knicks 86 - Wizards 104. that's tough, but we don't have to get to upset. it was just a preseason game, dice and h20 were off, and lampe scored 16 pts in 22 mins. in fact all the rookies had a great game

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Recap
WASHINGTON (AP)-- Larry Hughes scored 17 points as the Washington Wizards opened another Jordan era with a 104-86 victory over the New York Knicks in an exhibition game Tuesday night.
This one was for Wizards first-year coach Eddie Jordan, who came to Washington after helping the New Jersey Nets to consecutive NBA Eastern Conference titles.

Jordan's young squad opened a 16-point lead in the first half and led by as many as 27 in the second.

Point guard Gilbert Arenas, acquired during the summer from Golden State, had 11 points, five assists, four turnovers and two steals in his Wizards debut. His 3-pointer gave Washington a 60-46 halftime lead.

Jerry Stackhouse and Kwame Brown added 13 points apiece for the Wizards, who got seven rebounds apiece from Etan Thomas and Jahidi White.

Rookie forward Maciej Lampe led the Knicks with 14 points, and Shandon Anderson added 13.

Rookie forward Michael Sweetney had 12 points on 4-for-7 shooting in his Knicks debut. Frank Williams had six assists for New York.

Rookie guard Steve Blake gave the Wizards an 87-60 lead off a backcourt steal late in the third quarter.