Give me your best trade that would help the Knicks right now

wymm

Rookie
ny3nyk said:
yes the knicks get lebron, but the knicks are the ones who suffer more financially. giving up a bunch of talent and rookie contracts for a two godzilla contracts. this is just a step back in a big name f.a chase in the not so distant future. with lebron the knicks once again turn into a one dimensional team with clashing egos. lebron is not like shaq who can mend team differences and create chemistry.
Two godzilla contracts where you get arguably the best player in the NBA (or will be in 2-3 years if he isn't already). LeBron brings leadership (and from what I've seen so far, quite a bit of humility) and he makes players around him BETTER. Clashing egos won't be an issue. After all, LeBron would be the recognized superstar of now and the future so if anyone has issues with LeBron, guess who's going to be traded away from the team so not to screw up team chemistry? Won't be LeBron.

If that trade ever happened, how could you say that the team would be one-dimensional? We'd still have Eddy Curry, Channing Frye, Marbury, Francis, Crawford and others.

And the scary part is that even 10 years from now, LeBron (and even Carmelo) will only be 32 years old. They'll still have plenty left in the tank and they're still going to be paid very, very well.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
marbury, francis, crawford, lebron, all seem like guards to me, and i def. know none of them play good defence. and also, with marbury francis and lebron on the same team, who do you think would want to run the team?

wymm

Rookie
ny3nyk said:
marbury, francis, crawford, lebron, all seem like guards to me, and i def. know none of them play good defence. and also, with marbury francis and lebron on the same team, who do you think would want to run the team?
With Marbury, Francis, and LeBron on the same team, who do I think would want to run the team? Marbury. Who would be best to run the team? LeBron.

Which problem would you like the Knicks to have?

A.) They've got no true superstar player but they do have talented players at 4 positions and have to figure out how to make it all work.

B.) They've got a superstar player surrounded with talented players at every position and they have to figure out how to make it all work.

I think the Knicks would take problem B over problem A.

wymm

Rookie
The 1 and Only said:
I don't see lebron leaving the cavs....not very realistic
Lol...it isn't very realistic. But if I was the GM for 1 day and there was 1 trade I could make to immediately help the team, this would be the trade that I would do.