Who should be our 1 and 2

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
We pretty much know that marbury is going to play either/or position so the question is who should play next to starbury next year?

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Crawford....Crawford....Crawford...he is left out of almost every post on every topic...he was our best player last year and deserves to be one of those that we rebuild this franchise around...
A rotation of Marbury, Crawford and Robinson is pretty good...I don't have faith in Stevie Franchise making much of a splash...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Agreed, Crawford deserves to start, but i get the feeling Isiah will try and prove Marbury and Francis can work togethor, and we might see those two out on the floor togethor more than we would like. Btw, did the knicks give out a team MVP last year??

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I saw we try to give the marbury and francis a try...they have a chance to be the best backcourt in the league. Plus they want to work together to prove critics wrong and their heart in times of dire strait is unquestioned. I say we throw them in the fire and see if they come out on top.

Allen

Benchwarmer
Marbury and Crawford should should be our starting backcourt. Crawford improved by leaps and bounds last season so he has earned the starting SG spot.

I just hope Isiah in his infinite wisdom doesn't undo everything he learned from Larry Brown.

I believe the best backcourt in the NBA is Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton, I find it very difficult to believe that Marbury and Francis can play up to their level.

When Marbury and Francis play the SG, they will probably get knocked around by the bigger guards like Kobe, Carter, and Lebron etc.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
No way is Crawford better that Francis! Don't get me wrong, Crawford is nice and did step up the latter half of last year. I'm all for a Marbury/Crawford backcourt in the event that Francis is traded. But if not, screw that! Francis and Marbury need to play together.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
If Francis doesn't pout cause he isn't the PG and accepts the SG role then he should start with Marbury. They both are All-Stars. Both play the game with high energy and both are strong for their size. If the team plays more open court ball this plays into the teams makeup. I will say this, I saw tape of Francis when he played at a community college and he was the SG/Sf for the team. The dude was sick. I was an assistant coach at a school and we watched the coaches tape of him. He has been down since his boy, Mobley was dealt. So hopefully he pulls himself together! As a PG he tends to overdribble and the offense will stall. This is part of the reason he was shipped out of Houston. Now I still believe he will be traded at some point this off season. Crawford and Nate currently are an outstanding set of backups to come off the bench. But Crawford was the best Knick come late last season and the boy was CLUTCH for a good stretch there. He can score.

It really won't matter much who starts, but what matters most is Isiah lets this team run...

*Marbury* and *Francis
Crawford cant be the starting next to Marbury because he's like our clean-up when its the 4th quater and Marbury, Nate, and Francis are tired Crawford comes in with fresh legs and hits his clutch cross-over jumper to win the game for us. I really want to see Francis do better than last year. Seeing him play next to Marbury is exciting to see!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agree...if our marbury and francis backcourt plays up to its potential trust me peops they will be better than billups and hamilton easily...now only if the wins follow that notion will be unquestionable. Starbury when playing his best is better than billups and francis playing at his best is better than rip...but neither francis nor marbury have equated to wins, this is why people say billups and hamilton are better...but talent wise they really don't come close...

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I think it should be Stephon and Crawford. But we all know that Isiah is not going to start Crawford because he rather go with the star player than the better player. So he's going to go with Stephon and Francis.

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
i reallii wanna see marbury and francis play our back court. even though they were both garbage last season i think right now theyre both tired of losing and they'll step it up. Jamal should come off the bench along with Nate cuz they already have that chemistry seeing they both came from seattle.

metrocard

Legend
I agree...if our marbury and francis backcourt plays up to its potential trust me peops they will be better than billups and hamilton easily...now only if the wins follow that notion will be unquestionable. Starbury when playing his best is better than billups and francis playing at his best is better than rip...but neither francis nor marbury have equated to wins, this is why people say billups and hamilton are better...but talent wise they really don't come close...

This is why people lost respect for Knick fans.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is why people lost respect for Knick fans.

It's funny to look at these old posts. Hine sight is 20/20. At the time I felt the backcourt could work but it clearly isn't working. Thomas should play around with it. Start Marbury/Crawford then Francis/Crawford and see how it works. I quess ether way now it seems Crawford is better suited to start.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
I say start Nate along with either Q or Francis. Steph and Francis is never gonna work,im not sure steph will work period.Hopefully he ll do something soon to change my mind on this.Crawford wouldnt work as a starter until he calms down with the shot selection.