Isiah Thomas:Mastermind or Menace?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Like what i said that is not the case because players like marbury and francis are willing to sacrifice to win. Somebody will and must take the 2nd role...period. These are grown men who want to win...not a biddy league basketball team filled with ball hogs and the coaches son. Things will work itself out and when it does....everybody will be back on the bandwagon

This Site Should Be Called Whack Job Central

The 1 and Only said:
... These guys are like expanding gas...you can't bottle up expanding gas into a system because it will explode in your face. Look for more wins, a playoff birth, and hopefully a 1st round advance...and when the knicks make the playoffs and do become a better team from last year...I don't want to hear people changing there tunes because I'mma be the first person to say I told you so...

This guy is a delusional nut case.

The answer to the forum topic is in fact: MENACE.

Yeah, he's a mastermind allright. A mastermind of DISASTER.

And who wrote this article anyway, Isiah Thomas' agent?
http://www.insidehoops.com/isiah-knicks-051005.shtml ... [/QUOTE]

Why don’t the Knicks just add all of you Thomas nutsack lickers (and we know who you all are by now, right?) to their payroll so you can all help Isiah drive the team a little further into the ground, it such a thing were possible.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
So why do you think that? Again you provide no reasoning except you're stupid comments that got you kicked out for the 3rd time to my knowledge. Give it a rest playa...you're not hurting anyone but yourself...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
datruth said:
i've always backed up isiah and im not stopping now....the eddy curry trade was a good trade, nobody in here actually believed that the knicks were going be this pathetic....

Fans are fickle. I know NYKers that say they are not Knicks fans but will be when they start winning. That's life I guess! There is enough blame to go around yet everyone still chants "Fire Isiah". Point less talk draft pick is. The number 2 ant a Labron, forgetaboutit! Curry is solid and if he's in shape come november we will be on a role. To bad we couldn't get Al Harrington. Still Thomas put together a solid squad.

Last edited:

d2319

Benchwarmer
Agree!

The 1 and Only said:
Isiah will easily win more games with this team for several reasos. The players will confidence, isiah understands his roster, his system will fit better for this type of roster, the players have fire under them to prove everyone that they can win with this roster, and isiah won't bash his players in the media to a point where it looks like two rappers battling. There is no way on God's beautiful earth that we're going to have anything similar to last year...you serious? I think you're a isiah hater but I'm glad you support him unlike most haters in this forum...

STOP HATIN" ON THE COACH! LETS BELIEVE!!!!! GO KNICKS, GO!

paris401

Starter
The 1 and Only said:
That's not the situation at all...it's obvious someone will have to decide to shoot the ball more and some one will have to pass more. Even though they will both shoot 12-14 shots a night. The point is all these players...marbury, francis, J Rose, Q-Rich, JC...they all came in as being 1 or 2 scorers but now they will all have to accept a role such as becoming a spark off the bench or hitting wide open jumpers because it's obvious marbury and francis are our best scoring options then comes JC. Roles that is the key...isiah will define these roles and the players will play them out to their ability and wins will come out of these defined roles...something LB never did....

WOW.. sounds like a plan... hope it works...

The 1 and Only said:
So why do you think that? Again you provide no reasoning ...

Here, reason this ...

Because most of you have your heads way too far up Isiah Thomas’ ass to figure anything out for yourselves, here’s an honest answer to your question along with FACTS to back them up rather than me just slamming this site to pieces.

First of all The 1 and Only, and I stress the word ONLY people who agree with you on the subject of Isiah Thomas are YOU and the rest of the painfully senseless jock strap wannabes on this site, who for some reason continue overlook the FACT, not just my opinion, that Jim Dolan who knows nothing or cares anything about the game of basketball has, in his infinite stupidity, put a LOSER with a track record the likes Isiah Thomas in charge of the Knicks as the sole brain trust as team President, GM and Coach. The rest of the sports world disagrees with AAAAAALL OF YOUUUUUUUU! They don’t disagree with MEEEEE!! They DISAGREE WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

To better understand just how stupid of a decision this was, some history is obviously needed for those who are just ignorant of some basic FACTS ... Isiah Thomas, as then part Owner and Executive VP of the Toronto Raptors single handedly drove the Raptors into the ground. Isiah Thomas then went on to DRIVE THE ENTIRE CBA LEAGUE INTO BANKRUPCTY, a trend that he’s been very successful and well on the way of implementing as GM for the Knicks.

After having successfully killed the Raptors and the CBA, Thomas then went on to coach of the Indiana Pacers, who in three seasons went 131-115 losing all three years in the first round of the playoffs. In August 2003 Isiah Thomas was PROMPTLY FIRED by team president Larry Bird.

After having amassed an abominable track record with Toronto, the CBA and the Pacers, Jim Dolan then went out and hired Thomas as GM and President. Thomas, then armed with Jim Dolan’s wallet went into a trading frenzy for two years bringing everyone from Mick Mouse to Donald Duck onto team as long as they were part of his little homey crew, only to amass even nearly as many losses in TWO years with the Knicks than he did in THREE with the Pacers (108 vs.113)!!

The difference between the Knicks and the Pacers is that the Pacers had a GM who was not a RETARD, and Larry Bird promptly FIRED ISIAH THOMAS, who at the time was not under FEDERAL INDICTMENT for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT I might add. So, what does Jim Dolan do?? Rather than FIRE ISIAH THOMAS he promotes him to COACH!! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! Talk about the retarded leading the retarded. According to EVERY sports writer and commentator in AMERICAAAAAA these two idiots are the biggest joke of the NBA, as are all of those on this site who support them.

Have I mentioned that Isiah Thomas is under FEDERAL INDICTMENT for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT?? Oh yea I said that already, sorry. Well, it’s been nice speaking with all of you again. Enjoy the smell of Isiah Thomas’s crotch and, have a nice day! :flippa: :ban: :nana: :moon:

The 1 and Only said:
Like what i said that is not the case because players like marbury and francis are willing to sacrifice to win. Somebody will and must take the 2nd role...period. These are grown men who want to win...not a biddy league basketball team filled with ball hogs and the coaches son. Things will work itself out and when it does....everybody will be back on the bandwagon

What proof do you have that marbury and francis are willing to sacrifice to win. You always say you argue with the facts. Please show me the fact that either one of those players will sacrifice to win when either one of them has never in their careers sacrificed to win. They have both done the opposite every year of their careers. Please show me the proof you have of this. Because i can only go on the track records.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'll show you proof...The things that starbury sacrificed (in order) for the whole season. Also at the beginning of the season he said he would sacrifice his game for the sake of winning.
1. Shot Attempts
2. The ball in the clutch
3. His role as the clear number 1 scoring option
4. Minutes
5. His entire style of play

Steve Francis as a rocket conformed with Van Gundy's style of play but they still clashed in the media. Here are the things he sacrificed...
1. Shot attempts thus scoring avg.
2. His entire style of play
3. Relenquished most of his touches to Yao

He also put more effort into defense and gained weight and lost his hops in the process just so he could take the banging of west coast guards. These are the facts followed with my opinions as usual...interpret them as you will....

os2wiz

Rookie
What an impudent ass! Not only am I not simple, I can see your attempts to bait me and go beyond them. The fact is that I care not for the basketball media
and do NOT read their columns as a rule, because they are not accurate and always have their own hidden agendas. When there is a major piece of news, not rumor, I will take a look. I am no manipulated puppet for Peter Vecsey or
Marc Berman, or the NY Times crew. I have some very nasty exchanges in my email with Vecsey. I must have touched a raw nerve with that guy, because he responded two times to messages I sent him critical of his handling of the Brown-Knicks fiasco. You are barking up the wrong tree. as usual, because you want to categorize me, pigeon hole my ideas, and make me less than human in other peoples' minds here. Trouble is that you just are
too smart in your own eye's and really NOT smart enough to pull it off. The Dapper Don has crashed again.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
hahaha well I don't know what that was all about but the title of this is IT: Mastermind or Menace....he put together a roster that could contend in the playoffs...that is no question. When we lose...that's not isiah's fault...that was LB's fault for not conforming to the roster and coaching with his stubborn ways. He was dumb in numerous occassions...
1. Played a half court offense with one of the most athletic teams in the league.
2. Limited the arguably best scoring point guard in the game by telling him to slow the tempo and pass the ball around more...knowing that the knicks win when Marbury scores 22+ pts.
3. Benched our best scorer in clutch situations.
4. Bashed a hot headed team in the media...this isn't an old veteran knick team that can absorb coach criticism from the likes of pat riley, this is a young, combustible roster that if clapped at will clap back. LB knew this and did it anyways.
5. The lineup was changed 40+ times
6. Neogotiated trades behind the CEOs of the organization (breach in contract)
7. Forced a system on a roster that is the complete opposite of what the players do...he should have at least met half way and we would have won more games doing it.
8. Coached like a confused little boy in elementary school instead of a hall of fame coach. I don't care if you love or hate LB...you must agree that herb williams could take us to more wins than LB did last year! No Question
9. Oks trades that he soon later regrets and benches the freshly brought in talent with out giving a fair assessment.
10. Plays Mind games with players such as Marbury and Ariza

Did I leave off anything??

Finesse

Benchwarmer
Allen, with the draft that just passed, I would have chosen Eddy Curry #1 overall, and so would all those GMs who supposedly would not make that trade! I mean, isn’t it possible that Isiah saw that the draft would be weak this year? I did! Nobody knew Noah would lead Florida that far, and he didn’t come out anyway! There is no clear-cut star in this draft, and Eddy Curry is better than any big man in this draft, hands down!
The question is whether Isiah is a mastermind or a menace. I think the man is answering the question with every move he makes. The key to his methods is the long-term implications of his moves. He took an aging roster that was over the cap and made it into a young, talented team that is over the cap. Which would you rather have? He did all of this in spite of the fact there was no cap room and every team in the league tried to give him the shaft, knowing he had to make moves and thus forced him to accept contracts he would normally turn down. So far, the only bad move he made was the signing of Jerome James, and he had to out bid other teams to get him based on James’ performance vs. Sacramento in the playoffs the year before! It all goes back to the impatient nature of Knick fans, their seeming inability to see past the immediate season. Thankfully, Isiah does not bow to the pressure of the New York fans and goes about his business in a manner best suited to help this organization.
It’s your world Isiah, to hell with your critics, do what’s right for the Knicks. True Knick fans know the deal!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Speak the truth playa! I agree 100%. True Knick fans will follow...you provided excellent reasons behind each point by which you can't help but believe. That's right true knick fans will follow and the bandwagon knick fans will keep crying...

Allen

Benchwarmer
Finesse you do make some good points but I will reiterate that the least Isiah should have done was protect our first round pick, that moev should have been a no brainer but on top of that give chicago the right to sawp picks next year is as equally stupid.

We could have had Eddy Curry without giving up all of that.

Wouldn't it have been nice to have Tyrus Thomas along side Eddy Curry?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
MSG-THREE-RING-CIRCUS said:
Here, reason this ...

Because most of you have your heads way too far up Isiah Thomas’ ass to figure anything out for yourselves, here’s an honest answer to your question along with FACTS to back them up rather than me just slamming this site to pieces.

First of all The 1 and Only, and I stress the word ONLY people who agree with you on the subject of Isiah Thomas are YOU and the rest of the painfully senseless jock strap wannabes on this site, who for some reason continue overlook the FACT, not just my opinion, that Jim Dolan who knows nothing or cares anything about the game of basketball has, in his infinite stupidity, put a LOSER with a track record the likes Isiah Thomas in charge of the Knicks as the sole brain trust as team President, GM and Coach. The rest of the sports world disagrees with AAAAAALL OF YOUUUUUUUU! They don’t disagree with MEEEEE!! They DISAGREE WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

To better understand just how stupid of a decision this was, some history is obviously needed for those who are just ignorant of some basic FACTS ... Isiah Thomas, as then part Owner and Executive VP of the Toronto Raptors single handedly drove the Raptors into the ground. Isiah Thomas then went on to DRIVE THE ENTIRE CBA LEAGUE INTO BANKRUPCTY, a trend that he’s been very successful and well on the way of implementing as GM for the Knicks.

After having successfully killed the Raptors and the CBA, Thomas then went on to coach of the Indiana Pacers, who in three seasons went 131-115 losing all three years in the first round of the playoffs. In August 2003 Isiah Thomas was PROMPTLY FIRED by team president Larry Bird.

After having amassed an abominable track record with Toronto, the CBA and the Pacers, Jim Dolan then went out and hired Thomas as GM and President. Thomas, then armed with Jim Dolan’s wallet went into a trading frenzy for two years bringing everyone from Mick Mouse to Donald Duck onto team as long as they were part of his little homey crew, only to amass even nearly as many losses in TWO years with the Knicks than he did in THREE with the Pacers (108 vs.113)!!

The difference between the Knicks and the Pacers is that the Pacers had a GM who was not a RETARD, and Larry Bird promptly FIRED ISIAH THOMAS, who at the time was not under FEDERAL INDICTMENT for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT I might add. So, what does Jim Dolan do?? Rather than FIRE ISIAH THOMAS he promotes him to COACH!! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! Talk about the retarded leading the retarded. According to EVERY sports writer and commentator in AMERICAAAAAA these two idiots are the biggest joke of the NBA, as are all of those on this site who support them.

Have I mentioned that Isiah Thomas is under FEDERAL INDICTMENT for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT?? Oh yea I said that already, sorry. Well, it’s been nice speaking with all of you again. Enjoy the smell of Isiah Thomas’s crotch and, have a nice day! :flippa: :ban: :nana: :moon:

You're way off base. I respect your opinion but the sexual harassment suit has ZERO to do with Thomas' ability or inability to run a team. Further more those that are against Thomas like to point out the CBA but do any of you know the entire situation. The media never really tells the whole story and honestly I do not know the situation. Only what the media reports on it. I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet that is the extent of your knowledge as well on the subject. Your point about the Raptors WRONG! Thomas built a solid team around T Mac Camby and Carter. So I conclude that you really have no point. You just hate Thomas. That's your opinion and that’s fine but realize that others may not share your hatred and please respect their opinions.

os2wiz said:
What an impudent ass! Not only am I not simple, I can see your attempts to bait me and go beyond them. The fact is that I care not for the basketball media
and do NOT read their columns as a rule, because they are not accurate and always have their own hidden agendas. When there is a major piece of news, not rumor, I will take a look. I am no manipulated puppet for Peter Vecsey or
Marc Berman, or the NY Times crew. I have some very nasty exchanges in my email with Vecsey. I must have touched a raw nerve with that guy, because he responded two times to messages I sent him critical of his handling of the Brown-Knicks fiasco. You are barking up the wrong tree. as usual, because you want to categorize me, pigeon hole my ideas, and make me less than human in other peoples' minds here. Trouble is that you just are
too smart in your own eye's and really NOT smart enough to pull it off. The Dapper Don has crashed again.

Now to my SHADDOW. I'm not sure what your deal is. I'd think that a man with your vocabulary would understand that an individual that has an opinion other or different than yours is not trying to discredit you. It is impossible to discredit you simply because you have no credibility. NONE! You stay on attack mode to the point that your attacks take away from what ever point you were originally trying to make. The only conclusion one could make after reading your posts is that you are an angry person with little basket ball knowledge and no real point to make at all. Tone your anger down and try to make some sense. And remember not all of us are going to agree with you. Simple as that. Your arrogance blinds you to the fact the other people know what they are talking about and have different views than your own. Remember arrogance is very similar to ignorance.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
We all know that Isiah can make good trades or bad trades but he should have been fired for that Larry Brown thing. Larry is a good coach but every good coach can fit in with their new team. Isiah should have known not hire Larry from when he was having problems with Iverson. Isiah have to learn the hard way and found out that Larry's coaching doesn't match with Marbury's playin.

What Freeking Ever

You completely miss the point again, which comes as no surprise. The point being that NO ONE IN THE NBA WOULD HIRE ISIAH THOMAS in any position other than ball boy, except for head idiot of the Knicks, Jim Dolan that is.

Facts are facts. Do some research on Thomas and the CBA.

Here's another article for all of you Thomas lovers. Get your heads out of your asses please. Your making Knicks fans look like retards.

August 2, 2006 -- The NBA schedule maker must have majored in cruel irony. The first opportunity to chant "Fire Isiah" will occur Nov. 4 when the Knicks stage their Garden opener against Larry Bird's Pacers - the last and only other club Isiah Thomas has guided as head coach.

Thomas spent three seasons coaching the Pacers, from 2000 to 2003, losing in the first round of the playoffs for three straight years. After logging a 131-115 clip, Bird took command and almost immediately gave Thomas his walking papers in the summer of 2003.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/garden_opener__isiah_vs__pacers_knicks_marc_berman.htm

Last edited:
I Knew It !! It All Makes Perfect Sense Now !

Isiah Thomas to Use Mental Retardation Defense in Sexual Harassment Case

"New York Knicks president Isiah Thomas will fight charges of sexual harassment from a former team employee by claiming innocence by reason of mental retardation, his attorney stated today.

“It’s going to be impossible for any jury to look at Isiah’s body of work since his playing career ended and conclude anything other than the obvious: Isiah Thomas suffers from severe mental retardation,” said Philip Walters, Thomas’s lawyer. “As such, he can not be held accountable for his actions.”

Read more about it ...
http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume5/2006-0201-thomas.html