[NY Post] Larry's Peachy To Knicks' Herb

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks assistant coach Herb Williams stuck up for his former boss yesterday, saying Larry Brown was not to blame for the Knicks' 23-59 record last season.

While Knicks brass believes Brown violated his contract by not giving it his best, Williams said injuries were an underrated cause of Team Titanic's demise.

Asked last night about the club's league-record 42 starting lineups at a charity function for the John Starks Foundation at a car dealership in Glen Clove, L.I., Williams defended Brown.

"I never want to second-guess Larry," Williams told The Post. "He has been in the league too long. No way I'd ever second-guess him. I'm not going to put blame on him. It falls on everybody."

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5335/larrys-peachy-to-knicks-herb.html

Defend This -

Hmmmm, could his defense of Larry Brown have anything to do with the fact that he as well as the rest of the American sports world knows that it is Isiah Thomas' mismanagement, along with the team being owned by a half wit that caused and will continue to cause the Knicks to be in the situation they're in ??? How in the world can anyone calling themselves a Knicks fan not be incensed with the management and ownership of this team ???

(Warning: Flesch-Kincaid reading level of 16.2, hope this don't go over anyone's head)

os2wiz

Rookie
MSG-THREE-RING-CIRCUS said:
Hmmmm, could his defense of Larry Brown have anything to do with the fact that he as well as the rest of the American sports world knows that it is Isiah Thomas' mismanagement, along with the team being owned by a half wit that caused and will continue to cause the Knicks to be in the situation they're in ??? How in the world can anyone calling themselves a Knicks fan not be incensed with the management and ownership of this team ???

(Warning: Flesch-Kincaid reading level of 16.2, hope this don't go over anyone's head)
You got it man. I love your style man. It is time to take on bluster-man, Christ,
and logically point-by-point cut him down to size.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
MSG-THREE-RING-CIRCUS said:

First of all...I didn't hear you crying about the roster until we start losing. If we were winning you wouldn't be dissing any one from management or the players. Just the stereotypical knick fan that wants to burn the whole house down if something doesn't go right. Remember we didn't have our franchise low in wins until LB got hear. Starbury has been to the playoffs with team playing his way but LB didn't even get close...with those thick glasses he couldn't even SEE the first round. People change and if you soley judge on track record instead of someone's ability then you shouldn't be watching sports....period. Because in sports...anything can happen...anything

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
thank god larry is no more the coach, over 40 different starting lineups, feud's with players, he had to go it would of never worked out

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Larry wasn't blamed for 23-59 season. It was the team. they didnt want to listen to Larry, especially Marbury. He didnt think Larry's coaching fit in on his game. But if Isiah let Larry stay for one more season, and see how it go. Because Larry didnt get along with Iverson but seasons later they had a good season and went to the Finals