• 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40+

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

rady

Administrator
Staff member
With the schedule released we can start some predictions about the number of wins we're gonna have at the end of april
We basically have the same roster, slight changes (rookies, jj) and a new coach.
Last year we barely won 23 games, i'm sure this year will be different, but will we make the playoffs or not?

nychustla

Rookie
playoffs baby!!!!!

i beleive da knicks are going to go 48-34 just because LB is gone. i beleive we are going 2 out run our opponents and yes we will make da playoffs n das werd cuz best beleive da

Musa

Rookie
Stop dreaming!!!

I guess they will win not more than 30. Marbury will prove that he is an idiot. He will try to find new excuses for his failure. We will also see that Thomas is one of the big reasons for the demise of the knicks. I remember it was the same shit last year. A lot of members of knicksonline.com believed that the team would make the playoffs. What was the result???? NOTHING

THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!

IT SOUNDS HART I KNOW BUT I CAN`T SEE THE MASTERPLAN OF THOMAS.

IS IT HIRING OF OVERPAID PLAYERS? I DON`T KNOW. THE MESSAGE IS EASY AND HARD.

KNICKS ARE ONLY MEAN!!!

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Wow...I only got through your first month or so of predictions...at that point we had beaten Indy, San Antonio, Cleveland and Washington...
That seems a bit unlikely...the Knicks will be better; but, only by 8-10 games....a .500 record and a shot at the 8th spot is as high as we can dream for this year...and I think that is too high

Trin_Starr

Starter
I dunno about that.
When we had Lenny as coach, we had a nice uptempo game and the we were 16-13 by the end of december with a MUCH less talented group of players...
Then injuries hit like a biotch - TT went down, JC, H20, JYD - i think half the roster was hurt at one point and there went our season.

The best NY team I saw so far when was Marbury had shooters at the 2 and 3 - that's when we had H20 at the 2 and KVH at the 3 - that way he was able to do what he does best - drive and penetrate, then dish to the open shooter or take it to the hole.

I think when Isiah instills this new uptempo offense, it will definitely allow players like marbury and Francis to play to their strengths...
Also with JC playing more under control and taking better shots, he will definitely be able to score efficiently at the 2.

The main reason for NY's demise last season was the lack of cohesiveness. Say what u like, but that's very important. Look at the olympics - none of those european teams have star talent, but because they have played together for so long, they know eachother's tendencies and how to play as a team. I believe that isiah will create a team atmosphere in the locker room, not only because the players respect him, but they fear his fury as well.

I say the knicks will go 42-40 because they have many things to prove:
1. Isiah's job is on the line - the players love isiah and will not allow him to get canned
2. They want to prove that LB was a total fu#k up

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Let's put it this way (no doubt we will do better than last season):
In 2005/06 we had a better team than the one we had in 2004/05. We finished with 33 wins back then. Do we really think we have a worse team now?
I'm quite convinced we will have 30+.. who knows.. maybe even 40

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Trin_Starr said:
I dunno about that.
When we had Lenny as coach, we had a nice uptempo game and the we were 16-13 by the end of december with a MUCH less talented group of players...

my point exactly
didn't noticed your reply ;)

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
The Knicks better have a better seaosn than they had last season. last season was embarassin to be a knicks fan. they better start and end with a good season