[NY Post] Garden Opener: Isiah Vs. Pacers

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The NBA schedule maker must have majored in cruel irony. The first opportunity to chant "Fire Isiah" will occur Nov. 4 when the Knicks stage their Garden opener against Larry Bird's Pacers - the last and only other club Isiah Thomas has guided as head coach.

Thomas spent three seasons coaching the Pacers, from 2000 to 2003, losing in the first round of the playoffs for three straight years. After logging a 131-115 clip, Bird took command and almost immediately gave Thomas his walking papers in the summer of 2003.
The Knicks open their season with a two-game southern trip, beginning in Memphis Nov. 1 and Nov. 3 in Atlanta.

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5346/garden-opener-isiah-vs-pacers.html

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
This should be a good game for NY becuase they know have a good team and Indiana lost Reggie Miller and Peja. The Knicks will be ready

brooklyn_baller said:
This should be a good game for NY becuase they know have a good team and Indiana lost Reggie Miller and Peja. The Knicks will be ready

Let me understand this. Are you trying to say that the Knicks now (know) have a good team ? Are you by any chance talking about the same team that Isiah Thomas put together thus far, the one for which he drafted a no name no body in the first around who would have been available in the third round at best ?? Could this possibly be the 'team' you're referring to ... who replaced their HALL OF FAME COACH with a CONFIRMED LOSER who got FIRED from the Indiana Pacers??? Too much time on this site is warping your perception !! Stay focused man, you're slipping off into the world of fantasy.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Just because he doesn't live in your jaded world doesn't make his judgement that less credible. Listen to yourself...you are the only person on this site that is bashing Balkman...and yes LB is a hall of fame coach but the past couple of years have begged to differ...like what somebody else posted, the man couldn't even take the best players in the world and lead them to gold...is that still you're hall of fame coach? I can't wait til the season starts so the entertainment can begin...

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
MSG-THREE-RING-CIRCUS said:
Let me understand this. Are you trying to say that the Knicks now (know) have a good team ? Are you by any chance talking about the same team that Isiah Thomas put together thus far, the one for which he drafted a no name no body in the first around who would have been available in the third round at best ?? Could this possibly be the 'team' you're referring to ... who replaced their HALL OF FAME COACH with a CONFIRMED LOSER who got FIRED from the Indiana Pacers??? Too much time on this site is warping your perception !! Stay focused man, you're slipping off into the world of fantasy.

larry brown did a horrible job last year, over 40 different starting lineups nobody on the team new what their role was, even the three rookies said so http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/all_fall_brown_knicks_marc_berman.htm
and balkman is an energy player like jyd was. knicks need more energy players

Last edited:
Truce ...

Listen, let’s try and settle something here so I can stop hammering you guys. I’m all for people having a difference of opinion. What fun would this site be if it was just me without all of you crazy bastards?

As I said once before, I’m not a Larry Brown fan and I also don’t agree with how he handled things in the press with the players. That was wrong. He has a very caustic style, which was also no secret to anyone. If I was Thomas I would have kicked him in right in the balls, but I also would have worked with him to develop a strategy to fix things going forward.

My problem is with how Thomas and Dolan completely mismanaged the relationship. Jim Dolan is TOO stupid to do anything right with this or any other team, period. If they had established a working relationship with Brown I think things might have been different, however, I believe he and anyone else for that matter was or would have been the wrong guy in the wrong place working with and for the wrong people. Thomas is the only guy who can settle this score, one way or another, it will get settled.

Regardless of all the shit you guys talk I refuse to believe that any of you are pleased with Thomas' performance and with where he’s taken the Knicks to date.

All of you guys exert a tremendous amount of effort, and work harder than I’m sure Thomas has on any given day since he's been here, coming up with all of these wonderful trade options and suggestions on how to improve the team. I must say, I’m very impressed! However, if Thomas hadn’t screwed things up to high heaven you wouldn't have to work so hard trying to FIX what Thomas has put together here.

As long as the current regime is in place, it’s sad to say that all of your well placed efforts are nothing but a waste of time. I’d vote for anyone one of you as GM over Thomas.

And yeah, I agree, this is gonna be a kick ass game (for more reasons then one). :peace:

rady said:

Dude, stop banning my IP already, lol.
I'm doing all I can to turn over a new leaf and take it a little easier on yas. :yourock:

I still want to buy a pair of those Starbury sneakers and somp in shit with them though :)

Last edited:

ny3nyk

Rotation player
hey msg three ring circus, you gotta stop bashing on thomas, dolan, brown for what horrible job they did; in fact, this goes for every knick fan. whats done is done and we cant do anything about it exept to look foward to another season and how we can improve. unless u have a time machine, we gotta stop bitching about what we shouldve done and start focusing on what we should do. also, from the looks of the summer league games and the attitudes of all the players, it looks like isiah might actually do a fine job as coach. who knows???????????????

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
the knicks have lost 4 straight home openers this is a definetly a win cause this season is gonna be different than the last couple of seasons

ny3nyk said:
hey msg three ring circus, you gotta stop bashing on thomas ... it looks like isiah might actually do a fine job as coach. who knows???????????????

Point taken ... except for the Dolan bashing that is. And, believ it or now, I also actually agree that Thomas is the best person to coach this team. It will give him the opportunity to put the plan he envisioned in motion personally rather than delegate it to a coach who alienated the team.