No Knicks games on ESPN,TNT,or ABC

I read an article on RealGM that there aren't going to be any Knicks games shown on these networks. I'm ticked off about that because i live in VA Beach. Yeah i can order League pass and i will but i hate the fact how these networks disrespect my Knicks. OK other than the fact they had a terriable season there are still loyal fans who can't afford league pass who want to watch their team. NYC is the biggest market in the NBA other than LA. These networks just love kicking dirt on the Knicks and its fans and who gives a damn about another X-mas game of Kobe vs Shaq i don't thats so old. How do other real Knicks fans feel about this slap in the face by these other networks. Other then Sports Center i will not watch any games this season on those fake azz networks. They will not get my ratings.

Holla Back Knicks Fans
Esco

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Well for people who live in New york have MSG. That show all the gmaes form the Knicks and Liberty. But it still kind of sucks that Knicks games will not be on those networks.

nychustla

Rookie
yerr

brooklyn_baller said:
Well for people who live in New york have MSG. That show all the gmaes form the Knicks and Liberty. But it still kind of sucks that Knicks games will not be on those networks.

yo brooklyn baller u reppin bedstuy 4 real? das wassup me 2, u know how we do. who gives a fuck if da knicks games arent shown on national tv, as long as i have msg nework im good. when we make da playoffs all dem networks are gonna come crawling back just watch aight. holla bak at da kidd aight 1zzz

:peace: :yourock: :flippa:

jimkcchief88

All Star
nychustla said:
yo brooklyn baller u reppin bedstuy 4 real? das wassup me 2, u know how we do. who gives a fuck if da knicks games arent shown on national tv, as long as i have msg nework im good. when we make da playoffs all dem networks are gonna come crawling back just watch aight. holla bak at da kidd aight 1zzz

:peace: :yourock: :flippa:
All of us Knicks fans who don't live in NYC, that's who!!!! We go from games every Tuesday and Sunday to nothing. That's bogus!!! There a plenty of Knicks fans all over the country!!!!

as a knick fan living in chicago, i'm pissed. even boston and utah are getting some national run. like anybody really wants to see the jazz blow it. if they didn't put what seems like every pistons game (17) on TV they would have time for knicks. why so many pistons games, honestly? there championship was a fluke, you don't win without superstars (look it up: shaq, TD, MJ, The Dream, Magic, Bird) the pistons fuckin suck, and it's gonna be even worse to have to watch yesterday's news go .500 when my team, which happens to be from the largest market in the world. Who the fuck in detroit cares about basketball anyways? if anybody really loved that franchise the way we knicks fans love ours, they never would have let them wear those green jerseys for so long.

p.s. two things are guaranteed every christmas, an ugly shirt from my brother, and three hours of shaq and kobe trying to ignore each other. get em both outta here.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
yah thats some garbage that there not havin any games on those channels. i get msg here in ny but for otheres thats real shitty. i really dont care tho cuz whenever the knicks are on those channels i have to listen to people i respect...greg anthony, charles barkley, steven a smith talk bad about the knicks. they may have reason to but it pisses me off. im lookin for ward to 76 games of hearin a true knick, walt frazier broadcast my teams games.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Im in Phoenix nowadays several hundred miles from NYC...and I have NBA League Pass I've had it for about 4 yrs or so now. Doesnt really bother me they arent coming on the other channels. This was simply a business decision stop getting bent out of shape, shitty teams draw no viewers, no viewers no money, nobody watching the advertising dollars are not there, then the network loses money cause no one is paying for the tv time. So thats why they always want to keep teams on tv that are doing good or more on the brink of doing good.

Looking at the Knicks over the last 5 yrs or so...they've falled on hard times. Basketball is about the fans, true. Basketball games being on network tv is all about how many viewers it can draw, and with the Knicks right now being in the lower end of the Eastern Conference its what youre going to get, just the way things go.

To get back on national tv the KNICKS are going to have to do alot to impress the networks enough to give them so national exposure. Just because they play in NY is no exception to be on nat tv while they suck.

JaboloPR

Rookie
I live in the dorms for my school. We have two ESPN channels and not MSG. We live in NYC, and I wont be able to watch any knicks games.... Tell me how that happens?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
It's so screwed up.. i am finally able to get espn and espn 2 with a special tool.. even nba tv and i still can't watch the games.. :x

Dash2110

Rookie
Knicks fans living in enemy territory, I know how you feel. I'm living in the DC area and the only way I can watch em is if I order NBA League Pass. The free week-long preview ends tomorrow or wednesday and I really don't have the money to buy the season (it's $180 "early bird"), especially since I have a sports and info tier on top of my expanded cable and NHL Center Ice. It sucks, but it's nothing I'm not used to. When I was living out of the country all I had was those flash "game trackers" online. :wallbash: