Who would you keep on the roster?

thwax

Benchwarmer
Ok guys, here's the question... if you could discard players you don't want (not for trades or to make space for a free-agent)... who would you keep as players you REALLY like for your team... whether a good role player, star, etc:

Players you can't choose due to injury or waived (though still paying):
1. H2O
2. Shandan Anderson
3. Jerome Williams

Here's the 15-man team including Jeffries to choose from:
1. Starbury
2. Jalen Rose
3. Steve Francis
4. Mo Taylor
5. Eddy Curry
6. Q-Rich
7. Crawford
8. Malik
9. Jerome James (need we say more)
10. Frye
11. Nate
12. Balkman
13. David Lee
14. Mardy Collins
15. Jared Jeffries

Let's see your lists... obviously you'd have an incomplete team... but it'll be interesting to see who the real keepers are!

thwax

Benchwarmer
Here's my keepers: (not in any order)
1. David Lee
2. Eddy Curry
3. Channing Frye
4. Balkman (sorry no room to explain)
5. Jamal Crawford
6. Jeffries

Borderline for me is Q-Rich for his D (remember him on Lebron)

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
My list includes:
1.Starbury
2.Steve Francis
3.Eddy Curry
4.Channing Frye
5.Jamal Crawford
6.David Lee
7.Jared Jeffries
8.Nate Robinson
9.Balkman
10.Mardy Collins
11.Malik Rose

Everyone else that I didn't name (Mo Taylor, J Rose, Q-Rich) are either old and can't help us or injury proned. We have scoring options, defense, athleticism, and post options on this roster with sparks off the bench.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i'd like to keep the team young with a few veterans to lead the way like marbury, richardson, and and maybe jalen rose, but we all know its more than likely he'll leave this year. the knicks have made it clear that they are trying to ship out james, malik, and taylor while francis remains in limbo. (anyone notice that there is absolutly no talk about francis?) maurice taylor will be a f.a next year but i'd like him to stay in ny (of course for way less money) because well he is a decent foward with size and is a more than capable scorer. so my choice of players to be booted from ny are both roses, francis, and james, all extras we dont need

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I would keep:

1.Marbury
2.Francis
3.Q-Rich
4.Channning
5.Curry
6.Crawford
7.Nate
8.Jalen
9.Lee
10.Jeffies
11.Mo Taylor
12.Qyntel Woods

I pick all these players because they can keep the Knicks in check. Even though some are old they still can get the job done. And you always need some young players for that new school skills

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
keepers.....

1. Marbury
2. Curry
3. Frye
4. lee
5. Nate
6. Crawford
7. Balkman
8. collins
9. Jefferies
10. Quentin Richardson - wit this new offense, could do quite well
11. Jalen Rose

Gots to go - Francis, Maurice taylor, Malik Rose, Jerome James

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i think qyntel woods deserves a spot on the roster and should be signed to the minimum for next year until he proves that hes a star, like the deshawn stevenson-wizards situation. last year he defintly proved he can play, and given such a short time to prove himself. the team is full of athletes who can play and our g/f position is really deep with a mix of different styled players. the knicks will be a team to watch next year. things have been said before, but i expect big things to happen....

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
ny3nyk said:
i think qyntel woods deserves a spot on the roster and should be signed to the minimum for next year until he proves that hes a star, like the deshawn stevenson-wizards situation. last year he defintly proved he can play, and given such a short time to prove himself. the team is full of athletes who can play and our g/f position is really deep with a mix of different styled players. the knicks will be a team to watch next year. things have been said before, but i expect big things to happen....

roster is full

nixon7

Benchwarmer
> 1. David Lee
> 2. Eddy Curry
> 3. Channing Frye
> 4. Balkman (sorry no room to explain)
> 5. Jamal Crawford
> 6. Jeffries

Solid start. QRich you have to give another chance to. There was too much stuff going on for him last year. Where's the love for NateR? And maybe Isiah can reach Marbury, no one else has, but Stephon obviously has a problem with white coaches (something no one else is honest enough to admit).

And, surprising everyone (I am sure) I would give Jerome James a chance to prove that he can get in shape. If necessary, I would hire him a personal trainer with a taser (although I am sure someone would whine about that idea).

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
I would keep

marbury
francis
jefries
frye
curry
crawford
nate
david lee
balkman
mardy collins
q-rich
qyntel woods
malik rose
ime udoka

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
nixon7 said:
> 1. David Lee
> 2. Eddy Curry
> 3. Channing Frye
> 4. Balkman (sorry no room to explain)
> 5. Jamal Crawford
> 6. Jeffries

Solid start. QRich you have to give another chance to. There was too much stuff going on for him last year. Where's the love for NateR? And maybe Isiah can reach Marbury, no one else has, but Stephon obviously has a problem with white coaches (something no one else is honest enough to admit).

And, surprising everyone (I am sure) I would give Jerome James a chance to prove that he can get in shape. If necessary, I would hire him a personal trainer with a taser (although I am sure someone would whine about that idea).
Let's please not have the race card...him being white has nothing to do with the issue. LB is old school....Starbury is new school...they clashed in ethics and how the game is played. Neither is wrong or right it's just that they clashed because one is fire and the other is ice. Just as LB clashed with Nate Rob, JC, and Ariza. But if you bring up the race issue then it could also go the other way round with LB having problems with established guards in the NBA such as Billups, AI, and starbury (two well established guards in the game). I'm being nice and not including steve francis. It's just the matter of basketball ethics...not being black or white. Don't do that to yourself...don't bring up the race card...

NYKnicks15

Starter
Yeah lets please leave race out of this discussion. Especially when it is a non entity in this discussion. Marbury just has a problem playing for ANY coach that doesnt want him to be Starbury. Simple as that.

BACK ON TOPIC..
I'd keep
1. Eddy Curry
2. Channing Frye
3. David Lee
4. Jared Jeffries
5. Renaldo Balkman
6. Jamal Crawford
7. Stephon Marbury

Nate and Q are borderline for me. I like them both but Nate especially could be a kicker in a good deal. Jerome James, Malik Rose, Maurice Taylor, Jalen Rose, Mardy Collins (also a kicker) are expandable to me.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
In this order:

Jamal Crawford (knicks most explosive player)
Channing Frye (ability to spread the floor and shoot)
Eddie Curry (inside demon in the right system)
Stephon Marbury (will mature eventually/ chip on shoulder)
Jalen Rose (expiring contract)
Maurice Taylor (expiring contract)
Quentin Richardson (if back is healthy excellent shooter and defender)
Jared Jefferies (can't trade him anyway but very effective player)
Jerome James (like it or not need insurance for Curry)
Nate Robinson ( to spell Marbury and for defense will get better)
Both Rookies ( for depth and defense )

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm definitely feeling Isiah's idea of having a lineup composed of:

PG- Stephon Marbury
SG- Steve Francis
SF- Jared Jeffries
PF- Channing Frye
C- Eddy Curry

This young athletic lineup can destroy most eastern conference teams with it's size and most western conference teams with it's athleticism. Jared Jeffries is another guy that can help steve francis on bigger guards on the helpside double or an opportunity for a helpside block. This lineup is a potent, athletic lineup and in my opinion it's one of the top 5 starting 5 in the eastern conference. I smell playoffs already...

NYKnicks15

Starter
Francis is a liability on D. Say Jeffries does help Francis and they 2-1 a larger SG.. that leaves the SF open. OR if Jeffries takes the larger guard and Francis guards someone hell be matched against a SF. not going to work.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
It's called team defense. A quick double team and the defense reacts to the ball...we have a fast enough team to recover but francis will stay in front of his man at ease...it's the size differential that'll possilbly kill us. But that's only when they post him up and that's when we'll double...

NYKnicks15

Starter
i know whats it called.. but youll have Eddy who is too slow. Jeffries occupied leaving both steph and steve too short in height and wingspan to guard the SF. Then if channing leaves his position youll have a PF/C wide open. I just think itll be too difficult. It could all be simply fixed if we let Q or JC play the SG

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
For the last couple of years...who hasn't been a liability at the 2? It's all in the concept of team defense. Something we didn't do at all last year. You're always going to have some type of mismatch on D. You just have to make best of what you have. If steve can stay in front of his man...that's all we can hope for. If someone like VC would come over and post him up then marbury or Jeffries would come and double thus the our defensive scheme would shift as the ball would rotate to the weakside aka team defense. Steve is not a defensive liabilty. He will be if he can't receive help from his teammates just as if jeffries didn't recieve help or the likes of Frye or anyone else on the team. Defense is a team concept not a 1 on 1 match. So the only liablity is the team giving in to the team defensive concept. Right now JC is best to come off the bench and let steve start. JC was a spark off the bench for us last year and hopefully he'll do the same this year. Starting JC not only evaporates our only instant offense off the bench at the SG spot but it'll hurt steve's game also. Steve isn't coming off the bench...period