Who would you keep on the roster?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Well that's far fetched because we all know he won't get traded until he gets a chance. Like what I said, Isiah is doing the best thing in giving steve a chance before he trades him. Besides...there is a reason why no one wants Q-Rich (for the exception of portland) and that's because he's injury proned and his back isn't getting any better.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Whod I keep

I would keep the following players;

1)Channing Frye
2)David Lee
3)Nate Robinson
4)Renaldo Balkman
5) Q Woods (WOULD BRING HIM BACK)

Not so sure
1)Jalen Rose
2)Jeffries
3) Ime Udoka

Definatley Gone
1)MARBURY (Overpaid, Bitchy, Not team player, Ball Hog)
2)CRAWFORD (Overpaid, Soft, Weak Defense)
3)FRANCIS (Overpaid)
4)CURRY (Overpaid, Soft in the paint, Lazy, unfocused)
5)TAYLOR (Overpaid, Lazy, Ball hog, never seen a shot he dont like)
6)Malik Rose (Overpaid, not flexible)
7)Q Rich(Overpaid, Injury prone, no D anymore, too much of a jump shooter)
8) Mardy Collins

Remember statistical fact, teams improve greatly once Marbury has left.....

Dre

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Hummm. Are we talking fantasy ball now cause that's the only way you'd get rid of the entire team. Congradulations you just took 100 million off the cap. You'd be GM of the year if you could bull that off. I really need to see what Marbury can do this year under new leadership. The same goes for the whole team. The problem with this line up is there are too many guys that need to score to be affective. The offense should go through Curry. Curry is not over paid. I believe his contract expires next year so a new contract will be deturmined by his performance this year. This is one of a few reasons why I expect to see alot from Curry this coming season.

Marbury's contract is good through 08/09 which means, contrary to popular beleif he will be tradable one year from now, when there is only one year remaining on his contract. For this reason I believe we will see more out of Marbury as well. In response to an other posting, I've said it before, the guards got to gooooo!!!!!

Finesse

Benchwarmer
This is a tough one...

The guys most of us would like to see go ain’t goin’ nowhere [Steph, James], although I would keep Steph no matter what. I here a lot of clamoring for Q-Rich to get missing, but I don’t think he’s shown us his true shooting game yet, and I think we’ll like to see him light it up. Malik Rose has a desirable contract, so we can’t just cut him, and that goes for the other desirable contracts as well. If I understand it correctly, we can dress 12 and roster 15, with 3 deactivated. If that’s the case, the answer is clear, we keep them all!!
The rotation, however, will be a little easier to determine. Here’s my thoughts on that:
1) Marbury, Crawford, Robinson
2) Francis, Q-Rich, Marbury, Collins, Robinson
3) Jeffries, Balkman, J. Rose
4) Frye, Lee, Jeffries, Taylor, M. Rose
5) Curry, James, Frye
Naturally, some of these guys are interchangeable [Q-Rich, J. Rose, Jeffries, Frye, Marbury, Francis, etc.]. And, of course, playing time will be determined by production, with some continuity with some players.
As to who gets deactivated, some guys will make that choice easy [Jerome James comes to mind]. Qyntel Woods signing would change that, in which case I would seriously consider eating Jerome James contract. But since he is the only true backup center, I’d let Mo Taylor go.
Udoka is simply the odd man out. Sorry!!
The fact that Larry Frontrunner is white had nothing to do with why he and Steph clashed. The fact that Larry Frontrunner trashed him in the papers is. If Steph has a problem with white coaches, he’s an idiot. That would mean he has a problem with white authority figures, and he’s in the wrong country for that trash. He’d better get traded to the ABA [African Basketball Association].
Relax, I’m a black man!!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm feeling that rotation and yea the race issue was a dumb excuse and a lie for the reason why he clashed with LB...that's just ridic

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I would love to have this question answered for me.

Why do alot of you keep clinging to Stephon Marbury?

He is never going to be the leader that the KNICKS need at that position. If Marbury was a true leader and have the capability he would have shown it by now. Someone on here said that he should mature this season. Dawg, he is over 30. If he was going to be mature he would have shown that by now dont you think? Its not like this his him 2-4 years removed from Georgia Tech. He has all the offensive talent you could want out of a PG, but he has never really fully learned to trust his teammates its evident if you watch the games. He'll start to trust them for a while and for a bit do what the coaches ask. But if it starts to sputter a bit, he gets into F that mode and wants to go back to being "STARBURY" and then complains when he cannot.

Yeah I know he is a New Yorker and all that but he is hurting this team more than he is helping it. Atleast Nate is still young and you can more mold him out of it, he needs to take on more like Muggsy Bouges and stop taking bad shots.

But getting back to Steph I no longer get the point of the love affair. It was cool when he first came getting one of our own back on the team, with his talent. But after this Larry Brown fiasco all that luster to me is just gone. I would trade him in a second if I knew of a team dumb enough to pay out that contract. I would rather have Iverson and his off court problems, which Steph does not have as much. But atleast AI brings it harder than Steph every single night. Now Isiah's ass is on the line if this team has a losing record after 30 games, dont expect him to be in the building much longer.

This entire team was put together badly whole lot of talent, no drive. Whole lot of money, not worth it. And the personalities clash way too much. Not to mention not taking the Allan Houston exemption whereas you could have saved money. This team has yet to get a decent SG since Earl and Clyde.

Im just so pissed my boyhood team has fallen this hard so fast after being in the finals less than 10yrs ago. And always atleast made the playoffs. Now they are the butt of every joke. Maybe we do need to draft, Lance Armstrong for disaster relief.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
It's not a clinging to certain player...you have to think like a GM in this situation. Me...if I'm trading a bonifide superstar...guess who I want in return, a bonifide superstar or players with equal talent in return. Trading Marbury or Francis now...you aren't going to get the equal value of talent. Everyone wants to relieve cap...well that's great, but trading these guys will leave gaps in our roster deeper than the grand canyon. Again marbury is not the problem, he's given us 20pts 8 assists every except last year and we all know why he didn't excel last year. The roster is pretty much set. Let's just see what damage we can do this year...Atlantic Div...watch out, i think the NYK might be ready to take their division back...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The 1 and Only said:
I'm definitely feeling Isiah's idea of having a lineup composed of:

PG- Stephon Marbury
SG- Steve Francis
SF- Jared Jeffries
PF- Channing Frye
C- Eddy Curry

This young athletic lineup can destroy most eastern conference teams with it's size and most western conference teams with it's athleticism. Jared Jeffries is another guy that can help steve francis on bigger guards on the helpside double or an opportunity for a helpside block. This lineup is a potent, athletic lineup and in my opinion it's one of the top 5 starting 5 in the eastern conference. I smell playoffs already...

I like your optimism but let's not get ahead of our selves. This is very much an experiment and a working progress. There are alot of unknowns. Will Steph become a shadow of what Isiah once was as a player? Will Mabury and Francis mesh? Will Curry dominate the game and will the defense run through Curry? Will Jeffries and Balkman truly be defensive presence? I hope this all works out be there are alot of unknowns. In any case, if under Thomas's leadership this team does not come close to playoff contention, Thomas is a goner as well as all of your favorite players.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Marbury is not a bonafide SUPERSTAR. That term is used entirely too loose.

Superstar means leadership, smart decision making, team attitude, and makes teamates better. As well as can carry his own weight. But Steph just carries Steph.

There are NO SUPERSTARS ON THE KNICKS ROSTER, BUT THEYRE GETTING SUPERSTAR MONEY because of bad contracts, and a clueless GM. These guys are supposed to be professional and know how to handle, but they aint doing that.

THEY JUST SUCK. Within 30 games true Knick fans as well as the media will be yelling for Isiah's head on a platter. They did at the GARDEN this past draft.

I got a message for Isiah,

KNICKS FANS WANT THEIR TEAM BACK. WITH REAL PLAYERS, REAL TOUGHNESS, REAL COACHES.

And Dolan if you cant find the right GM and coach and players for 82 games, ASK THE FANS. LISTEN TO THE FANS.
LISTEN TO THE FANS.

Marbury played shitty under Herb Williams who is blacker than me and his game was still terrible.

Marbury is not a SUPERSTAR, hes a STUPID-STAR.

Last edited:
If we're allowed to have a fantasy and drop anyone we would like too, i would on keep
1) Robinson
2) Francis
3) Crawford
4) Frye
5) Lee

everyone else is an overpaid underacheiver.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
KnicksFan4Realz said:
Marbury is not a bonafide SUPERSTAR. That term is used entirely too loose.

Superstar means leadership, smart decision making, team attitude, and makes teamates better. As well as can carry his own weight. But Steph just carries Steph.

There are NO SUPERSTARS ON THE KNICKS ROSTER, BUT THEYRE GETTING SUPERSTAR MONEY because of bad contracts, and a clueless GM. These guys are supposed to be professional and know how to handle, but they aint doing that.

THEY JUST SUCK. Within 30 games true Knick fans as well as the media will be yelling for Isiah's head on a platter. They did at the GARDEN this past draft.

I got a message for Isiah,

KNICKS FANS WANT THEIR TEAM BACK. WITH REAL PLAYERS, REAL TOUGHNESS, REAL COACHES.

And Dolan if you cant find the right GM and coach and players for 82 games, ASK THE FANS. LISTEN TO THE FANS.
LISTEN TO THE FANS.

Marbury played shitty under Herb Williams who is blacker than me and his game was still terrible.

Marbury is not a SUPERSTAR, hes a STUPID-STAR.
Well that's your version of a superstar...it's not the right one obviously because if that's the case then Kobe isn't a superstar by your definition. There is no real term for superstar and no...it's not a term used loosely. Or at least I don't use it loosely. If marbury was garbage then why is he marketable? Why does he get the contract that he gets? (and no...don't say because we have a stupid GM because that is not the case) Why did he get traded basically straight up for Kidd? These are the questions you have to ask yourself...there are no set rules in being a superstar. So no one can really define a superstar. Yes most superstars have those attributes but superstars also make that money, puts up outrageous stats, puts butts in the seats, and has shoe deals. We have to tell the whole truth here. And Starbury does all that. And it really doesn't matter what GM we have...we're not getting our old knick team back. This league is getting softer by the weak...can you say marshmellows? Cuz I can. When you have players like Dirk, steve nash, Kristic, Jason Terry, and Mike Bibby in the league running teams...then you know the NBA is getting kind of soft. I remember back in the day when we had gritty PG like GP, Tim Hardaway, Mookie Blaylock, and Derek Harper. Too many of those players cry to the ref expecting a call and fall on the ground more times they score points...we're not getting our old team back, we're not even getting our old league back...so we just have to deal with what we have and hope for the best...