Jeffries a Knick. Is there room for Richardson?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
As I'm sure you all know Jefferies is now a Knick. According to NY Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/441677p-372016c.html Jefferies is expected to start over Jalen Rose and Quenton Richarson. So the question is why do we need Richardson? Knicks have been reportidly shopping Richardson but have not found any takers due to his low scoring and back problems. Wow, he even sounds like a Knick!

I think it's a smart move to start Jefferies. He brings the defensive presence we need and does not require the ball at all. This still does not solve our abundance of guards problem but it looks like a step in the right direction.

NYKnicks15

Starter
First off.. and not to strike anger into any of H20 leg humpers but Jared Jeffries has taken number 20.. I just HOPE we have better luck with this number 20.

Second. Isiah is trying to ship him because well Marbury and him don't get along. Pretty stupid. I actually think we should move Quentin to a better position for him at Shooting Guard and heavily pursue shipping out Steve Francis. No one will take Q (this side of Portland) so lets ship out Steve. NOW if we could somehow package Q to get Randolph from them then I wouldnt mind it so much. But I think first and foremost we should send Steve out and move Q to SG.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
NYKnicks15 said:
First off.. and not to strike anger into any of H20 leg humpers but Jared Jeffries has taken number 20.. I just HOPE we have better luck with this number 20.

Second. Isiah is trying to ship him because well Marbury and him don't get along. Pretty stupid. I actually think we should move Quentin to a better position for him at Shooting Guard and heavily pursue shipping out Steve Francis. No one will take Q (this side of Portland) so lets ship out Steve. NOW if we could somehow package Q to get Randolph from them then I wouldnt mind it so much. But I think first and foremost we should send Steve out and move Q to SG.

thats what im saying, Q is not a SF though he is capable to play it but he is a SG and probably the best SG the knicks have(him and crawford), if the knicks plan to play phoenix kind of game why not keep em when he had a great year wit the offense, he went through alot last season, give em a break

Trin_Starr

Starter
jeffries_060808_200.jpg

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:

I disagree completely. If we trade away francis and move Q-Rich to the SG then not only will his chances of getting hurt (like everyother year in his career) increase but if and when he gets hurt who will we play at the 2 then? I say we start marbury and francis. Two both durable and offensively powerful guards that can push the ball and create havoc in the backcourt. Then we can bring Q-Rich off the bench so we won't have to demand much out of him. Lets face it...Q-Rich's game has be scarred by injuries. Maybe last year being the exception. But if you trade francis away now...then that might cost us at the end of the season...

NYKnicks15

Starter
I think we will be quite alright without Steve Francis. With a guard rotation of Crawford, Richardson, Marbury, Robinson, Collins and even Rose.. I think well be plenty okay if we trade away Francis.

Push the backcourt yes. But small? very. a backcourt with neither guard over 6'2 is not something to hope for. Especially when neither play D or can shoot the three ball to spread the floor. Its not going to work.

Scarred by injury? I really cant remember one season past 02-03 where he has played 60 games or less. I mean we all know he has a bad back.. but not to the point where he misses a ton by it NOR where hell hurt our team cause of it COMPARED to Francis' bad attitude, me first, lack of height, 3pt shooting and defense ability.

We can get a lot more for Francis then we can get for Q (granted anyone will take Q). Im sticking with shipping him out.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
How about we ship them both out. Ship out Richardson and Francis. That will solve our guard problem wont it?

ny3nyk

Rotation player
shipping them both out will just be more difficult, maybe even impossible! i'd defintly like to get give francis the boot but im not too sure about letting richardson go. last season richardson and the rookies seemed to be the only ones on the team that had the will to win. not even larry brown (not going any further with brown). also, assuming quentin finds his offense in isiah's new system along with his newly found defence from last season, q-rich will be a triple threat, a shooter, passer, defender. what im scared about trading q and francis will be the overcrowdedness of it. in the "where would u send steve francis" topic by nyknicks15 he mentioned a deal to portland for randolph and miles. theyre both great players but the roster will be full with redundant players and wil cut playing time from others, not to mentioned the trouble of finding a consistant starting line-up which was a nightmare last season.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The 1 and Only said:
I disagree completely. If we trade away francis and move Q-Rich to the SG then not only will his chances of getting hurt (like everyother year in his career) increase but if and when he gets hurt who will we play at the 2 then? I say we start marbury and francis. Two both durable and offensively powerful guards that can push the ball and create havoc in the backcourt. Then we can bring Q-Rich off the bench so we won't have to demand much out of him. Lets face it...Q-Rich's game has be scarred by injuries. Maybe last year being the exception. But if you trade francis away now...then that might cost us at the end of the season...

the knicks have a SG named jamal crawford and last year was the first year Q missed 20+ games in his career, stop acting like he is injury prone

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Well Jared Jeffries is doesnt play the same way as Quentin. What ever Jared cant be able to do Quentin is the back up. And Jalen has not need to be there. Isiah should just trade hime for a center or something.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
datruth said:
the knicks have a SG named jamal crawford and last year was the first year Q missed 20+ games in his career, stop acting like he is injury prone
So sorry da truth...you're wrong. You aren't 'da truth' this time. Q-Rich missed 22 in 02-03, 17 in 03-04, and 27 in 04-05... so no I'm not acting like he's injury proned...he is injury prone

NYKnicks15

Starter
that was corny. but hell still give you 65 games a year and if coming off the bench wont be that big of a liability.

and 17 isnt over 20.. so disregard that.

thats 2 seasons of 20+ games.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
And that comment had nothing to do with my statement...you're obviously missing the point completely...You don't have to miss 20 games every year to be considered as an injury proned player. Oh my bad...he has 2 seasons when he missed 20+ games, and don't forget he's only played in the league for 6 years. As of right now...he's not only injury proned...he's an uninsured player with a career ending back injury waiting to happen. Check up on his games played...then comment because if you don't think he's injury proned then maybe we're talking about two different players....

NYKnicks15

Starter
What about your boy Francis. He's missed 22 one season. 10 last. He's one 20 gamer away from being in the same boat as Q.

I know what you are saying hes fragile. but lets think here. if you can get something for Francis (which we prolly cant get much for Q) wouldnt you rather trade him for something good then take something horrible for Q? Well have JC start and Q have minutes off the bench where he plays decent D and can thrive in a rungun offense.

i just think you have to take away your personal feelings for Francis before you comment.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I have no personal feelings for steve francis so you are wrong about that... I just know the kid can play unlike some people. He's a better player than JC and he's a better player than Q-Rich. And no steve francis had a salt imbalance which gave him migraines that's an illness not an injury. That's why he missed 22 games that year. And he was suspended for several games last year and he was also in a car accident so that takes care of those 10 games. So no...he's nowhere near as fragile as Q-Rich. But that's besides the fact, I watch alot of basketball...and I know two things...we should have never traded kurt thomas for Q-Rich because we are now soft defensively in the middle and we have one more trigger happy 3 point shooter in Q-Rich. Yes Q-Rich might thrive in this new style of offense but he's going to give us 15 points a game if he starts. If the franchise gets 15 points you know he'll give us at least 5 boards and 5 assists. Besides Steve Francis can score 15 pts off the bench so we know he can do better than that if he starts. Besides Q-Rich isn't all that consistent of a shooter and his defense is ok...C+ or B-. But yea I'm all for trading steve if we get some GOOD for him. I just don't want to throw him away just because there is a clutter in the backcourt because Q would be the best candidate for that...

NYKnicks15

Starter
so you would say that migraines, and suspensions arent as bad as a back problem? haha

and your saying we should of kept aging KT (who was a goner anyways) instead of getting Richardson and Robinson? thats weird.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
so you would say that migraines, and suspensions arent as bad as a back problem? haha

and your saying we should of kept aging KT (who was a goner anyways) instead of getting Richardson and Robinson? thats weird.

Well has he had migraines since that season? Nope. Will he have suspensions on this team? Probably not since the new notion of discipline that's being instilled on this ball team so I think I'd stick with my chances with Francis who is healthy right now by the way instead of a LJ back problem prototype in Q-Rich. Don't get me wrong, I like Q-Rich's game (besides his errant three point shooting) but he's no francis. Besides he's hurt as we speak. His back problem is the big issue. And yes I would rather have KT instead of Q-Rich. Nate Rob is a different story. We could have traded someone else or another draft pick for Nate Rob. But by trading KT, we traded our only bruiser big man and he was also our best shooting big man at the time. Frye can shoot better than kurt but he doesn't have the mentality nor the body as kurt had. Kurt brought toughness and the old knick grit that everyone was feigning for. Q-Rich and his three point shot makes me sick after each clank I hear. No one can defend the post til this day like Kurt ran it. Period....no one...