Where would you send Steve Francis?

Finesse

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15, I like both of those trade scenarios except why Juan Dixon? I think we got enough guards, even without Francis. I’d take a draft pick instead of Dixon. That pick would turn out to be golden coming from Portland!

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Do you remember In Living Color, the HOMEBOY SHOPPING NETWORK.

NO MONEY, NO MONEY, NO MONEY.

I send both their sorry black asses home for impersonating real ball players.

Just eat the contracts.

wymm

Rookie
I'd do a simple trade of Eddie Jones for Steve Francis. Knicks get an expiring contract to clean up some of the salary cap mess. (Maybe this will lead the Knicks to having enough flexibility to sign Ron Artest in 2 years.) Memphis gets an All-Star PG in Francis to pair up with Pau Gasol.

Or I'd see if Houston would bite on taking back Steve Francis with either QRich or Crawford for Tracy McGrady and Bob Sura. Houston gets back an All-Star PG and an outside shooter in Q-Rich or Crawford. If this trade were to happen, it would go down during the trading deadline if the T-Mac to Yao experiment doesn't work.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The 1 and Only said:
I don't really care what the debate is...all I'm saying is give the franchise a chance before you ship him off. He had the best year of his career after he was shipped from the rockets. And that lil scenario you orchestrated isn't the ideal situation that we have right now. The steve francis is giving up 3-4 inches at the most on the average SG. He has excellent size at being 200 pounds. He has a lower center of gravity so he can stay in front of his man and it won't be too easy to back him down in the post. If he reforms into his all-star form we keep him and we have the best backcourt in the NBA. If he's not what we expected then he can be traded a away faster than he could say cuttino mobley...it's just as simple as that.

forget trying out steve francis is too big of a risk, if he ends up chocking his value would go evan lower as it already is, this is do or die for isiah thomas and marbury, so the knicks cant go into the season trying things

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
The game of basketball is full of trying things... that's why we have a preseason. I like the odds in steve francis. He has a fire in his stomach. He's trying to prove his critics wrong and he actually wants to play in NY. He's practicing with Lucas in houston to work on his game. He's healthy and durable...and the only reason no one wants him on this team because he's undersized? Nate Rob is undersized I don't hear any complaints. And like what someone said earlier he's on 2 inches smaller than JC. That's not a big size difference. Steve also ways more than JC. I think this backcourt could possibly work. Yes this season is coming in with alot of unknowns...but unlike LB...I think Isiah can work with the talent he currently has available and make a blueprint for the season. It's all about preparation in the beginning and adjustments throughout...we have a good team with good players....it's all up to Isiah on how the season is going to go...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The 1 and Only said:
The game of basketball is full of trying things... that's why we have a preseason. I like the odds in steve francis. He has a fire in his stomach. He's trying to prove his critics wrong and he actually wants to play in NY. He's practicing with Lucas in houston to work on his game. He's healthy and durable...and the only reason no one wants him on this team because he's undersized? Nate Rob is undersized I don't hear any complaints. And like what someone said earlier he's on 2 inches smaller than JC. That's not a big size difference. Steve also ways more than JC. I think this backcourt could possibly work. Yes this season is coming in with alot of unknowns...but unlike LB...I think Isiah can work with the talent he currently has available and make a blueprint for the season. It's all about preparation in the beginning and adjustments throughout...we have a good team with good players....it's all up to Isiah on how the season is going to go...

nate robinson is not playing SG and nate got more heart than francis, if it works for the knicks than i would be happy but i doubt it would..knicks need curry to play well and francis is known for not passing the ball in the post

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Well for me...instead of listening to what other people say and listening to the media...I've seen francis pass the ball into the paint in numerous accounts in numerous games so that's just crazy to say that a guard never passes it into the post. And nate rob having more heart is arguable...steve didn't take over numerous games in the Lakers series in the playoffs off of just pure talent and when dunked on Shaq...that wasn't just pure talent. This kid has mad heart. Ive watched alot of basketball and if we're going to talk about heart after AI...i think of steve francis. And nate rob is undersized at every position so I don't know what you're trying to say there. But the heart aspect between Nate-rob and the franchise is arguable...

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
We did not see Steve Francis well enough last season to rule him out and trade him. Larry Brown as an a$$ with all his lineup changes and don't forget that Steve was not happy with the trade to begin with.

Soooo now that Larry is gone and steve has to deal with the reality of the situation; Steve will start playing better and Isiah is gonna step in with some crazy offense just like back in da days. We are going to be seeing some 3 guard lineups. Knicks are going to score like the suns and mavericks, now lets hope that the defense will improve...Jeffries better pull a bruce bowen.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The 1 and Only said:
Well for me...instead of listening to what other people say and listening to the media...I've seen francis pass the ball into the paint in numerous accounts in numerous games so that's just crazy to say that a guard never passes it into the post. And nate rob having more heart is arguable...steve didn't take over numerous games in the Lakers series in the playoffs off of just pure talent and when dunked on Shaq...that wasn't just pure talent. This kid has mad heart. Ive watched alot of basketball and if we're going to talk about heart after AI...i think of steve francis. And nate rob is undersized at every position so I don't know what you're trying to say there. But the heart aspect between Nate-rob and the franchise is arguable...

steve francis is not the same player as he was in houston, he actually had an arch on his shot and he is not undersized for a PG

NYKnicks15

Starter
Juan Dixon to equal out contracts and make it work under the cap :)

Guys this isnt a battle of Steve Francis if he should stay. It's one of IF we trade him WHERE and WHAT do we trade him for

wymm

Rookie
How about at the trading deadline...Chris Webber and Kevin Ollie for Steve Francis, Malik Rose and Jerome James?

Blas

Benchwarmer
NY
Q Richardson
Steve Francis
Maurice Taylor
1st Round Pick

Minnesota
Kevin Garnett
Tenton Hassell

Sign Qyntel Woods.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
jeckomaru said:
NY
Q Richardson
Steve Francis
Maurice Taylor
1st Round Pick

Minnesota
Kevin Garnett
Tenton Hassell

Sign Qyntel Woods.

i wish but frye has to be in the package, theres no way the knicks get KG without trading frye

wymm

Rookie
How about instead of trading for Webber, the Knicks go after AI instead?

Steve Francis
Maurice Taylor
Jerome James

for

AI
Samuel Dalembert

wymm

Rookie
Better yet...

Send Steve Francis to Boston.

Steve Francis
QRich
Jerome James

for

Wally Szczerbiak
Theo Ratliff

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i wish we could land kg. if we do, the t-wolves wont be interested in francis. they just signed mike james. if anything we might be able to trade frye, q-rich, and jalen roses' expriring contract for garnett and mccants.

stevie franchise shoulda been used to help land harrington. but thats over and done with. i believe francis should be traded due to our large amt of guards. but then again maybe with isiah making the calls, him and marbury can co-exist and this can turn into a hall of fame back-court. u never know...

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
wally and theo wouldnt be a good exhange for the 3 players u named. stephon and wally still got bad blood sinve wally busted up marburys shoulder on that pik.