Where would you send Steve Francis?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I mean he is at his lowest value of his career...no question. I would much rather take the risk to see if he gets back to his all-star status than just trade him because we have too many guards. I like him over JC...the only excuse everybody puts on francis is that he's too small....he's two inches smaller than Crawford. So that's not a good excuse. He faster, stronger, and more athletic than JC. JC just has a height advantage...that's it. If steve returns to the old steve then we will have the best backcourt in the game...no diggity no doubt...

NYKnicks15

Starter
A Kidd/Carter like backcourt?!? cmon man are you serious there is no chance theyd ever even come close to that. Heres three main reasons why..

1. SIZE. neither have it. shooting guards are coming at an average 6'5 nowadays and you expect a 6'3 not even back court to get shots off against that?

2. SHOOTING. You cant have a good backcourt unless one can SHOOT the three! Or even close to it. Screw their shooting percentages thats basically all lay ups. and answer me this... what happens when they go against a clog in the paint. Say Shaq/Mourning. Even Wallace/Brown. or Mohammed/Wallace. What do they do then? Shoot?

3. MENTALITY. I dont care about their stats apart, TOGETHER (and i know this sounds cliche) but how many touches will there be? Who brings up the ball? Curry or Frye going to get anything? Any easy shots or open opportunities getting a look?.. OR are they gonna dribble it up and shoot themselves play a game of 2 on 2 or more likely 1 on 1.

Sure give it a chance hopefully Francis' stock goes up.. but man ship one of them out.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Did we see any of those problems you mentioned last year? NOPE. Steve Francis shot 54% from the arc for us during his 25 games with us last year. So his shooting wasn't a problem. And why does everybody bring up size? Marbury and Francis have been playing against bigger players for years and size was never a problem then. Francis played in the western conference with it's big centers and big guards...he's never had a problem with size then. So why does size matter now? Fact of the matter is...they both know how to score and they know how to do it in bundles. Let's get off the size matter...this is the NBA folks not your biddy league. They have enough heart and talent to overcome size and they have been doing that for years...poor poor excuse. And there mentality is just fine...did you see any ballhogging between the two last year? Nope. This is all what the media is saying...let's not jump the media bandwagon now...

wymm

Rookie
Maybe we could send Steve Francis to Los Angeles for Lamar Odom and Aaron McKie?

Lakers would get an All-Star PG to run with Kobe.

Knicks get a near All-Star SF.

Lakers lineup:
PG Francis
SG Kobe
SF Radmanovic
PF Brown
C Mihm

Knicks lineup:
PG: Marbury
SG: Crawford
SF: Odom
PF: Frye
C : Curry

Just so you know, I'd prefer keeping Francis, but if I had to trade Francis, there's a lot of different places I could see him going.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i dont think the lakers will take francis because they dont want to take on francis' bad contract when they have smush parker and jordan farmar as their pg rotation. now, as for sending francis somewhere. i think somebody mentioned this before (kudos for the idea), but sending francis to memphis for eddie jones would be a logical trade and benefitial for both teams. memphis gets somebody to pick up the scoring slack with gasol out for a couple of months, and still have a superstar pg (stoudemire) to come off the bench. we get another massive expiring contract and an able sg who can shoot 3s.

marbury
jones
jefferies
frye
curry

francis
gay
miller
swift/gasol (injured)
tsakadilis (?)

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
ny3nyk said:
i dont think the lakers will take francis because they dont want to take on francis' bad contract when they have smush parker and jordan farmar as their pg rotation. now, as for sending francis somewhere. i think somebody mentioned this before (kudos for the idea), but sending francis to memphis for eddie jones would be a logical trade and benefitial for both teams. memphis gets somebody to pick up the scoring slack with gasol out for a couple of months, and still have a superstar pg (stoudemire) to come off the bench. we get another massive expiring contract and an able sg who can shoot 3s.

marbury
jones
jefferies
frye
curry

francis
gay
miller
swift/gasol (injured)
tsakadilis (?)

I like this becaue we get an expiring contract and jones is a great perimiter defender as well. I think Memphis will let his contract run out to save the cash, in my opinion. Frances contract is going to be almost impossible to move.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
wymm said:
If you're looking to make a deal with Boston, here's a trade idea.

Steve Francis for Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, and Delonte West.

Boston gets an All-Star PG for the next 3 years.

Knicks get a solid backup PF/C, PG and combo G...all with contracts that expire in 2 years. Delonte West is a solid young guard that could be developed alongside Frye, Curry, Crawford, Lee, etc.

Wy would NY or Boston make that trade? First of all, why would Boston give up Ratliff, a big man who is a dominate defender for Frances, a guard? Telfair looks like he could be another Marbury type player so why would either team want to move him! I like West because he is a combo guard who is great off the bench with a reasonable contract so why would Boston give him up? For the Knicks who have Marbury, Crawford, Robinson, Collins, Jalen Rose, Udoka and Frances as guards, we would send Frances and get back West and Telfare, that would give the Knicks 8 guards! Yeah, that's what they need!

I always thought Frances would be great in LA, because he would be second to Kobe but when Kobe is outor resting during a game, Frances could take on the scoring load. No one will take his contract on, so NY is stuck with all these contracts until they run out!

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I've got to side with you on this one The 1. I don't see size playing that much of a factor because there aren't to many guys in the league that can stop Marbury or Francis. When they are stopped it's usually a team effart. I don't see a guy being two inches taller being that big of a difference. The main agruement is how can Marbury or Francis hold down Wade or Carter? Well, who can? Not many people can stop Wade so we can do much worse than Francis. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't trade Francis cause frankly we don't need Fracnis, Robinson and Crawford. And the Knicks could use a REAL backup point guard. No one seems to mention that void.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Mos def mos def...but hopefully nate rob can mature into a hybrid PG. Me personally...I don't see a need in changing the roster. We have talents in all positions on the floor. No one in the league can really say that they have potential all-stars at all 5 positions on the floor (I'm being generous on Jalen Rose). DON'T CHANGE THE ROSTER ISIAH! We have the most talent in the league...let's just build some chemistry with the talent that we have and see what damage we could do

Allen

Benchwarmer
The 1 and Only said:
No one in the league can really say that they have potential all-stars at all 5 positions on the floor (I'm being generous on Jalen Rose).

See...

Dallas
San Antonio
Chicago
Miami
Detroit.

Sorry to rain on your parade...

donchris

Allen said:
See...

Dallas
San Antonio
Chicago
Miami
Detroit.

You didn't. Your position is just wrong. San Antonio has three alstars. They come the closest. Detroit has three, Miami has two. Chicago? Are you serious!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hey NYKnicks15 shmuck...about the whole j kidd v carter back court i guess i shouldve been more clear. I did not in anyway suggest they would be as good or better then kidd and carter asshole. I said they could be an explosive backcourt like them. They would still be one of the top backcourts in the league and thats all i was suggesting. Stop tryin to act like a big shot "A Kidd/Carter like backcourt?!? cmon man are you serious there is no chance theyd ever even come close to that" F**ker. Statisticly they can come close to kidd and carter. Stop tryin 2 sound smart cuz marbury and francis could easily combine for 35+ points, 12+ assists, and 8+ rebounds next season. Ok so kidd and carter are a better rebounding duo but the other numbers are close. Last year they combined for 37.5 points, 12.7 assists, and 13.1 rebounds. I made my point, Now :fuckoff:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Allen said:
See...

Dallas
San Antonio
Chicago
Miami
Detroit.

I think the don shut you down...but I'mma do it some more. Let's break this down...so if you are correct... that would mean that Dampier, Jackie Butler, L Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, Tayshaun Prince (good but no allstar), and Bruce Bowen are all-stars....hmmmmm are you right?? Nope. So before you think you can shut me down....ask yourself What would jesus do and am I right on this? This is your conscience....and i have spoken

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
And by the way...in my opinion...kidd is overrated. He can't shoot, he doesn't have amazing handles and turns the ball over just as much as steve francis and stephon marbury. The only thing he does better than marbury is rebound and he's a fancier passer and he basically has nothing on the francis other than court vision. Let's not put kidd too high on the list now folks...

donchris

Yo that's real. Even Nash said Marbury would bust his ass one on one. If Steph desided to pass first for 2.5 quarter (Only take easy open shots like Houston) then let loose in the fourth, he would be viewed as the best point guard in the league.

Allen

Benchwarmer
The 1 and Only said:
I think the don shut you down...but I'mma do it some more. Let's break this down...so if you are correct... that would mean that Dampier, Jackie Butler, L Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, Tayshaun Prince (good but no allstar), and Bruce Bowen are all-stars....hmmmmm are you right?? Nope. So before you think you can shut me down....ask yourself What would jesus do and am I right on this? This is your conscience....and i have spoken

Diop did more for Dallas than Dampier, he should have been an all-star or he will be in the future.

Butler playing in San Antonio will probably go to the all-star game before Curry does playing with the Knicks, but don't quote me on that.

Deng along with Heinrich, Nocioni will be all-stars in the near future. Tyrus Thomas has a good shot at being an all-star in the future as well.

For what Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, and even James Posey and Antione Walker did for Miami in the playoffs and in the championship series they should be all-stars.

All 5 starters for Detroit should have went to the all-star game last year. It was a travesty they left Tayshun Prince out.

Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli and Bruce Bowen should have went to the all-star game along with Duncan. I believe that Ginobli did go to the all-star game though.

Allen

Benchwarmer
donchris said:
You didn't. Your position is just wrong. San Antonio has three alstars. They come the closest. Detroit has three, Miami has two. Chicago? Are you serious!

For what Devin Harris, Jason Terry, Josh howard and Desanga Diop did for Dallas along with Dirk they should be all-stars or recognized as such.

San Antonio can boast about more than 3 all-stars include Bruce Bowen and Jackie Butler in that troop. I think its a travesty that Bowen has not gone to the all-star game as a Spur.

Detroit has at least 5 last year, all 5 starters from last year should have gone to the all-star game.

Deng along with Heinrich, Nocioni will be all-stars in the near future. Tyrus Thomas has a good shot at being an all-star in the future as well.

For what Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, and even James Posey and Antione Walker did for Miami in the playoffs and in the championship series they should be all-stars.

portega1968

El Cacique
Send Francis to Real Madrid or Maccabi Tel Aviv for one season and hope that he learns what the word "TEAM" is really about.

On second thought, send Starbury also!!!

Allen

Benchwarmer
portega1968 said:
Send Francis to Real Madrid or Maccabi Tel Aviv for one season and hope that he learns what the word "TEAM" is really about.

On second thought, send Starbury also!!!

Actually, thats not a bad idea.

donchris

Allen none of those guys you mentioned were alstars.
Devin Harris, Jason Terry, Josh howard and Desanga Diop. All decent players but not all stars. Deng, Heinrich, and Nocioni? Come on man! I'll give you the Pistons. Prince wasn't an alstar last year but there were alot of other guys that didn't make it that should have. Ginobli didn't make it.