KG says it again - wishes he can reunite with Steph

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://slamonline.com/online/2006/08/qa-kevin-garnett/

Best quote of the article:

And if could change anything, I wish Stephon [Marbury] wouldn’t have left. That was Steph’s decision, that wasn’t me, but if I had any control over it…

Are you guys cool now?
We’ve always been cool, we were just growing, man, you know what I mean?

Because you’d hear little bits here and there, and…
Steph left, yo. I don’t speak on it a lot, but Steph made the decision for his career, and I’ve gotta honor that. That’s a man making a decision on that. That’s what it’s been. If there was one thing I wish I could have, I would want to see him push the ball, Steph and I going for it this long, seeing where we end up at. Because I know we’d have won at least a couple of rings, I know that, I know that.

McHale - can KG make it any plainer???? - please send him to NY for the expiring contracts of MoT and J.Rose. This is where the man wants to be!!!

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Ok ...so what would you say to
KG and Mark Blount for Jalen Rose, Maurice Taylor and Channing Frye?

The trade works financially....would you pull the trigger?

I certainly would ....

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Ewing33 said:
Ok ...so what would you say to
KG and Mark Blount for Jalen Rose, Maurice Taylor and Channing Frye?

The trade works financially....would you pull the trigger?

I certainly would ....
The trade will work on NBA live but there's no way it McHale would make that trade. The Bulls have the best chance to get KG with the young talent they have. There are 2 roads that come from the same point of origin. Teams decide to trade their superstar when they come to a realazation that they will not win with him. It might not be the players fault but the reality is that as an orginazation, they can either continue to pay that high salary for a mediocre season or rebuild. Now the 2 roads are, salary relief or a group of young players. Now there will always be a smattering of either but in the case of KG, the Wolves could try to loose his salary and get a prospect in return or they can get a bunch of players with a very small salary relief. I think Minny will want the players back. I do not think NY has enough young CHEAP talent to send to Minny. Listen, if Minny turned around and said for Frye and Roses's contract they would make the deal, I would have to pull the trigger on it. I also would take Blount as well.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The only way to bring in KG is to trade Frye. The real question is, is that the best move? We've only seen Frye play for one year. We don't even know what he can become. He very well may be an alstar player. KG is great but like he said, he's only got 4 or 5 more years in him. The fact that he wants a ring and wants to play with Marbury is a great thing but the Knicks will only bennifit if they can pull it together to get a championchip with KG in the next two years. After that our team will be over the hill.

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
True...I don't think Minn would make the deal...however, one player can make the difference...Phoenix was nothing until Nash got there and away they went..take Nash off that team and they don't even make the playoffs...
KG could and would make NY a playoff team and even give them legit hope of getting to the Finals...I don't think there is any chance of it happening...but, damn if ever it could be done....

NYKnicks15

Starter
haha I dont think its as plain as send me to NY for expiring contracts. and I dont think its as plain as that for Minny as well.

I would deny the Frye etc trade straight up. We all want a championship but when this guy finally breaks down where are we? stuck with with a lineup of a bunch of aging highly paid PF (KG) SG (SF) and PG (SM).

You have to believe they would want Frye.. but that doesnt mean we have to give him up. The big ticket and NY hold the balls in this deal. McHale has to do what KG wants and I think the owner will do as KG wants no matter what McHale says.

And theyll prolly also want something of quality in return. My trade would do that for them.

GET: Kevin Garnett (21) & Hudson (6)
GIVE: Steve Francis (15), Maurice Taylor (9) and David Lee (1)

I think itll work. They get an expiring contract. Dump Hudsons horrible contract. Get a good PF in Lee. A superstar in Francis. and we could even sign and trade Qyntel Woods to make the deal more lucrative.

We hold the ball.. lets not drop it.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
maybe the knicks could trade curry instead of frye so curry, francis,david lee, mo taylor for garnett, hudson and blount

ny3nyk

Rotation player
garnett sounds tempting but i think the 3 rookies from last year have too much potential to let go for an already established star with a couple of years left in the tank. i think without kg ny is a first round team this year. with the addition of foye and james i think kg will stick with minesota another year or until his contract runs out. then kg and ny can talk, assuming marbury is still with the knicks by then. (kg and marbury's contracts both run out in 2 years)

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
donchris said:
The only way to bring in KG is to trade Frye. The real question is, is that the best move? We've only seen Frye play for one year. We don't even know what he can become. He very well may be an alstar player. KG is great but like he said, he's only got 4 or 5 more years in him. The fact that he wants a ring and wants to play with Marbury is a great thing but the Knicks will only bennifit if they can pull it together to get a championchip with KG in the next two years. After that our team will be over the hill.

If Frye pans out in 4-5 years and becomes an all-star type player, the Knicks could always try to get him back by signing him out right. The Knicks should be under the cap in 5 years, if they do not bring in anymore bad contracts within the next few seasons. KG is a player that you know what you are getting. He can play 3 positions and he can carry a team for 90% of a game. Putting him on a team with other players that can step up and nail a big shot, ala Marbury/Crawford/Robinson is just what he needs. That's been his Achilles heel in his career that he chokes in a big spot. KG with Curry and the guards that we have would be an amazing team. Frye for KG is a no brainer!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
Yeah youd have no brain to do it. Now for the future is something weve done in the past and I dont think we should make that same mistake..

and Icewater.. man why would you want blount? and why add Curry? thats insane.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Adding Curry is over the top. That's crazy. I do think that a Fry for Garnett trade would take serious consideration. If we could keep All of the rookies that would be even better. I'd hate to lose Lee just as much as I'd hate to lose Frye. Here's a thought,

J.Rose and S.Francis straight up for Garnett.

Minny gets an expiring contract and an alstar callabor PG.
This is great for NY but lets be realistic. Minny will want more for KG. Frye's name is sure to come up. We may have to part with at least one of the rookies in order to pull this off.

Finesse

Benchwarmer
I’ll say this again. DON’T MESS WITH THE TRIPLETS!!!
I love KG like a play cousin, but we need to win for years to come, and KG can’t do that for us. Now I do think he has another 3 years in the tank, but that means Frye has 8!!
The East is weak, at least on the 2nd tier, so the Knicks can get in the playoffs with improved PLAY!! A further improved roster is nice, but right now the Knicks are a playoff team.
Now, if Minnesota were interested in Jerome James, some expiring contracts and all the future draft picks we got for the next 2 years, I’m game. But The Triplets and the rookies need to be left alone!! Let’s grow with these kids and create a dynasty [or at least a perennial playoff team].

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
bring the big ticket to the big apple

if i wanted 2 try and land kg id prolly do kg and mccants 4 franchise, frye, and malik rose. frye and garnett play a similar style. i could picture david lee playin a lot better next to him. curry would be a good fit next to the big ticket considering kg pulls down anything he sees come off the boards (somethin curry cant do). actually now that i think about it minni landed mike james. i cant see them wantin 2 spend that much 4 another pg.
maybe give frye, q-rich, and jalen rose's xpiring contract for him n mccants. that way we'd have a line-up lookin like this...
pg- mabury
sg- crawford
sf- lee
pf- kg
c- curry

that would be a championship team within a few years. and i think thats all any of us want anymore. screw 5 years from now. im hungry 4 a title now.

this would be our bench...
pg- francis/collins
sg- nate/mccants
sf- b-man
pf- jeffries
c- james

kg could even stay in the game and play big man if curry needs a rest. lee and balkman would get a lotta minutes too. i think those players would deft have some chemistry. minni would have a lineup like this...
pg- james
sg- q-rich
sf- davis
pf-griffen
c- frye

i think both teams would improve greatly. and if were gonna land kg we gotta do it soon.

if the bulls couldn't get him after they got ben wallace, we certainly don't have a chance. but i would like to see steph shipped to minn. get rid of that ridiculous contract. he's the fifth highest paid player in the league and he's not even the fifth best player at his position (nash, arenas, terry, bibby, kidd)

Trin_Starr

Starter
KG and Slam: In an upcoming issue of Slam Magazine Minnesota forward Kevin Garnett is being quoted saying he feels like time is running out and if the Timberwolves did not improve he’d have to move on saying: “I got to. If you’re not working towards a championship, then why are we in this? I’m in it to win, man, I’m not in it to be coming back talking about next year. I’m 30. I’ve probably got 4 to 5 years; you know what I’m saying? My clock is ticking, man. I’m almost like a woman who’s trying to get pregnant. My years are limited, so my clock is definitely ticking.” While this line of thinking has been prevalent in the press this marks the first time Kevin has said it on the record...

Things are looking for the february trading deadline....
Previously KG said he wants to reunite with Steph - now says for the 1st time on the record that he wants to move on

The same way Shaq got traded to where he wanted to go, is the same way KG will get traded to where he wants to go and that is NY...

We've got expirings, we got young talent (excluding Frye) - we can give minny something decent enough.