Should Jamal start?

ny3nyk

Rotation player
to be honest, i liked crawford coming off the bench but i also had no problem with him starting in 04-05. this year i think richardson is better suited to start as sg, not francis who will probably spend his last season in ny this year. crawford was our first option off the bench and contributed 15 ppg. however richardson is a bigger bodied guard who definitly has more defensive abilities than crawford. given the shot opportunities this year with a much rejuvinated marbury and a pass first mardy collins richardson should easily be able to avg 20 ppg. i think jamal is better suited to be a 6th man pg.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
i would let francis start and jamal coming off the bench because he will do better of the bench then if he starts i think, and he will probably win the 6th man of the year award

Big C

Benchwarmer
I think if Jamal starts he will pull a better performance on the court. When he started with Marbury the year before they won 33 games. And that was with injuries and TT playing bad. Jamal and Curry have a good connection. Jamal might be the one player on the team that knows where to give Curry the ball.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Crawford, Curry and Frye should be this teams nucleus for a long time but right now just so we can trade Francis, Jamal should come off the bench and Francis start.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
First off...Q-Rich has never scored 20 points in his career so he I can pretty much guarantee that he won't drop 20 a game this year. He's not healthy enough and his jumper was always suspect. He shoots a good percentage from the 3pt line but he shoots about the same percent from the field. Q-Rich needs to stay backup. If it's not francis, I would like to see JC start. But Isiah is going to start francis regardless. So until francis can't hold is own...he'll be starting and then I'll support JC. Until then let's just hope francis can tear it up. Cuz the kid has mad heart...

portega1968

El Cacique
I'd like to see Jamal start, but fact remains Steve Francis will start if we intend on using him as trade bait.

Q is better defensively, but Jamal did show considerable improvement in his D last year.

Look for Steve and Steph to start together with Jamal as the first guard off the bench. Q will probably start the year injured and there will be no need to find him minutes. Nate will probably be the one eagerly looking for minutes.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Big C said:
I think if Jamal starts he will pull a better performance on the court. When he started with Marbury the year before they won 33 games. And that was with injuries and TT playing bad. Jamal and Curry have a good connection. Jamal might be the one player on the team that knows where to give Curry the ball.

thats what i be saying, steve francis does not put the ball in da post, thats why he was traded away from houston and orlando

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Why does every one think Crawford is a great player. He's not. Dude is good but not great. He's an average SG at best. He's two inches taller than Francis so he doesn't have a real height advantage, and he's not a defensive threat. Crawford is one of those guys that has a lot of energy and is great coming off the bench. Give him 25 minutes or so. I'd like to see us have a good PF but not Martin. Francis for Martin is a bad move.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Last season he did a good job coming off the bench. but it would be good if he start. but isiah will no start him because of francis

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
donchris said:
Why does every one think Crawford is a great player. He's not. Dude is good but not great. He's an average SG at best. He's two inches taller than Francis so he doesn't have a real height advantage, and he's not a defensive threat. Crawford is one of those guys that has a lot of energy and is great coming off the bench. Give him 25 minutes or so. I'd like to see us have a good PF but not Martin. Francis for Martin is a bad move.

crawford has potential

alrobinson6022

Benchwarmer
Francis already said if he wasn't starting next year there would be a problem. I like Crawford to start. He's also good off of the bench. Guess we'll see...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
How do you know that? Not every one is good as a starter. Who will back him up if he does start? Let's say Francis is shipped off then we start Crawford. Does Richardson back up Crawford? For the time being, now that we have Francis, Crawford should not start over Francis.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Jamal Crawford should not start over the franchise because he isn't better than the franchise. And JC would also bring a huge spark off the bench...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The 1 and Only said:
Jamal Crawford should not start over the franchise because he isn't better than the franchise. And JC would also bring a huge spark off the bench...

crawford is better than steve francis but jamal would be better off the bench than francis, francis does not want to come off the bench so he has to go...wit the way jamal ended the season i want to see jamal start, he gets better every year

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Crawford has potential, steve has proven talent...there's a difference. Steve is an all-star or was in the past, crawford has yet to prove that he's an all-star. You're right he has more potential then steve but that's just it....'potential'. Therefore he's not better then steve francis...I just hope this off-season regiment puts him back to all-star days...