Webber to the Knicks? Isiah offer

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If you are going to take a chance on someone who has injury problems, take a chance on K-mart before Webber!!!! K-mart is younger and, believe it or not, is in better physical condition! Dolan should sit back and wait to see if Isiah walks into his office and asks him to sign off on the Webber deal. He should then turn and fire Isiah and stop the bleeding now!

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Im in reality mode. The reality is this bad team will be together another 3 yrs. Frye, Robinson, Lee will probably move on. I think Lee is the best one of the three. But anyhow, Gut the team out. Just soon enough these contracts will eventually be over. Yes it would be nice shedding some of that cap room no argument there. But as soon as say Webb was to get hurt now hes taking up a roster spot.

We need to go and get a real coach, a better GM, be conservative with the wallet from here on in. And in the meantime just ride out the storm. Marbury, Francis, Crawford between now and the next 3 yrs I would try moving them all each season. Dont let them ever be comfortable. Curry and James same thing.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
if the knicks could give up mo taylor, malik rose, q-rich and maybe even jalen rose for webber maybe the knicks could try it because they dump all that salary and webber only has 2 years left and the knicks get an all-star so i see it as a good idea, and frye will come of the bench and play big minutes cuz webber is not the old chris webber but he is still good 20 and 10 is pretty good

Blas

Benchwarmer
It is my understanding that Isiah wants to run and gun. Webber would probably not fit this too well.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
jeckomaru said:
It is my understanding that Isiah wants to run and gun. Webber would probably not fit this too well.

If that is true, shows he does not know what the hell he is doing. Want a run and gun team build it, Webber is a post player and doesnt have the speed like he used to to fit into that well enough.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I dissagree. I think it shows that Thomas is trying to clear the cap. I think 15 put it best. an expiring contract for a guy that still averages a double double is pretty good trade bait. Besides (IF) we did get Webber do you think we'd be any worse off then having James and both Roses rotting on the bench?

vinod1227

Rookie
C-Webb?

This is a bad move, and here are the list of my reasons why:

1) He's too old
2) If you couldn't do it with AI, what can he do with Marbury (Both players play relatively the same)
3) He's not aggressive

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
vinod1227 said:

1) He's too old
2) If you couldn't do it with AI, what can he do with Marbury (Both players play relatively the same)
3) He's not aggressive

marbury and AI is not the same player, iverson throws up 30 shots and marbury goes in nights where he would shoot less than 10

wymm

Rookie
vinod1227 said:

1) He's too old
3) He's not aggressive
This is a good move and here is the list of my reasons why:

1.) He is old. He won't block Frye's development as the PF for the Knicks.
2.) He knows how to pass. He can teach Frye how to pass the ball for a big man.
3.) His contract is up in 2 years. If we can trade for him without giving up Jalen Rose or Maurice Taylor, the Knicks will be able to clear off significant salary. They still won't be under the cap, but at least they won't be paying so much luxury tax.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I like Webber. I think he still has some gas left in the tank. Good move for the Knicks. I still want to keep Q-rich though. Maybe they would take Stevie Franchise....