My quest for Starburys...

N

NYKnicks

I wake up to my friend in my bedroom yelling, "Wake up you faggot" I check my cell phone, and it reads 10:25AM, I can barely see him with my blurred vision and just say one word... "Starburys" Him and I think we're geniuses that we are actually getting up "early" to buy a pair of Star's in every color. I stop at the ATM and get about $200 bucks and we hit the road, 45 minutes later we reach our first stop is at Steve and Barry's at the Source Mall in New York, After 10 minutes of trying to find the store within the mall we finally see this huge line of people; Kids, Adults, Midgets - I mean every age, race, height possible. I just look at my 2 friends an sigh, "f**k" I said, As we make our way in, we see people with 4 to 5 boxes each trying to get to fight their way to the front of the line. We finally get to the "Starbury" section of the store, It's very small nearly an aisle. We see almost all the clothes advertised on his website (www.starbury.com) but that's not our first concern. We head right over to the shoe rack which looks as though it has been hit by a tornado. Boxes and shoes are everywhere, Of course all of us are a size 13 - So we begin to look for anything that has size 13 written on it. "9, Shit" "10 1/2, damnit" After checking nearly every box, we look at each other then look over at all the clothes, then look back at the line which is only growing. "Let's go to another one" We hurry to the parking lot, pile in the car and burn out back onto the highway... I call information looking to get the number for Steve and Barry's at the Broadway Mall another 20 minute ride, Of course Verizon gives me the wrong number so instead we just directly head over. We get to the mall and find the store right away which is alot bigger than the last Steve and Barry's we were just at. "No one is here?" we look at each other like what the hell is going on? Then we see the stairs that lead downstairs, We run downstairs only to see pure and udder chaos... We head over to the shoes, Again only sizes 9/10 etc, No size 13s. My friend exclaims "I'm not getting out of here Starbury-less" as we try and think what the hell to do a TV above our heads turns on with Marbury on an interview talking about his cheap shoes. "Every kid can afford and get a pair" he says, We all just begin to sigh, At that point I've never been that mad at Marbury even after the disgusting knicks season. The lines aren't as bad as the last store so we begin to look at all the clothes, which may I mention have not been touched. Tons of T-Shirts that really didn't catch my eye, Some of them we're pretty cool but they didn't have them in an XXL. Then I find the warmup track jackets and pants, all in stock and I grab a pair of each (Only $9.95 as well) I get about 6 different Starbury things all together (Track jacket, Warmup jersey, etc), My friend gets the jean jacket and the warmup track jacket as well. As we're shopping we hear this mother with her 5 or 6 kids just buying all the left over shoes she can find; her son brings her over a box of the Grey colored shoes "Ain't noone gonna wanna buy that shit from us in Jamaica, put dat back" She says... I was like "Wow, that's incredibly gay"... We head up stairs with our clothes and look for the registers - the line moves fairly quickly and the total comes to about $50 bucks, Not bad at all for a few new outfits - I ask the kid when he expects to get more Starbury shoes in - He says "Thursday" - So here I am at work. Shoeless and awaiting next Thursday because We are going to be outside of the store 30 minutes before they open. So Come to the Broadway Mall next Thursday and keep us company.

I want my Starburys!!!!

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
buy a ton, ebay them for double, even triple. KA-CHING! People are already used to paying $85+ for a pair of average sneakers...

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
i got a pair but not the ones i really wanted i got the gray ones that look like new balance. they didnt even have that high top ones they told me they will be getting more on monday to be on sale tuesday. this is in the livingston mall in new jersey. i also got me a hoody the black one that says starbury across the middle and i really bought it cause it says CONEY ISLAND BROOKLYN on it and being that im from coney island i felt obligated to get this one, but i will be going back on tuesday to see if they have the high top ones.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
That was a great story. I think it's good that Steph is trying to give back to low income communities. It makes you wander, if he can sell kicks for 15 bucks then how much do they cost to make. That and the fact that Nike's are made in a sweatshop in a small Asian country. (Megga profit for Nike) I think I'll order a few pairs on line.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i hit up the broadway mall too alil while ago. i dropped about $85 total. but i got a sh*tload of stuff. i got the all white starbury shoes which the more i see all the other colors the more i think the white ones r the hottest. i got 2 hoodies, the black track pants, a heavier jacket, pair of jeans, a nice pair of shorts and a tank top (both which r great 2 play in). 3 huge bags worth of clothes for $85. normally i woulda just went shoe shoppin and spent a hell of a lot more than that. im a lil heated they didnt have the track jacket to go with the pants but what can ya do.

if u havnt gotten up 2 steve & barrys yet then do it quick. u dont kno what ur missin...

Musa

Rookie
Marbury Endorsing $14.98 Sneakers

Are You Guys Crazy / Stupid? Do You Think To Play Better With Fucking Starbury Shoes? I Would Be Embarrassed To Wear The Shoes Of A Looser!

Trin_Starr

Starter
Musa said:
Are You Guys Crazy / Stupid? Do You Think To Play Better With Fucking Starbury Shoes? I Would Be Embarrassed To Wear The Shoes Of A Looser!

stfu-big.png

Trin_Starr

Starter
All jokes aside - please post something of value to the site.
If you do not have anything good to say without any evidence please do not post.

Unless u tried the shoes and they are of crappy quality or plain garbage, then say so - don't be writing dumb shit just because u dislike the guy-
If u want to do that, join realgm - they have alot of 10 year olds on that site that would be able to relate to ur level of thinking.

Trin_Starr

Starter
he's got about 4 different shoes

the one in the pic is the starbury 1s
starbury4.jpg

these are the crossovers - available in brown and white
starbury6.jpg

The SXMs
starbury8-1.jpg

and finally the cyclones
starbury7.jpg

Musa

Rookie
Marbury Endorsing $14.98 Sneakers

Trin_Starr said:
All jokes aside - please post something of value to the site.
If you do not have anything good to say without any evidence please do not post.

Unless u tried the shoes and they are of crappy quality or plain garbage, then say so - don't be writing dumb shit just because u dislike the guy-
If u want to do that, join realgm - they have alot of 10 year olds on that site that would be able to relate to ur level of thinking.

Well i guess you don`tknow the meaning of freedom of opinion. I tried to say that basketball / NBA is only f...ing commercial thing.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I like the first two pairs.. can anyone getting them also buy me a 11½ of the ONEs?

PWEEEZZZ :)

N

NYKnicks

ughhhh

Well we went again today for take 2, got their an hour before they opened. Of course though, the shipment hasn't come in yet... "possibly tomorrow".

fuck steve AND barry.

....and Marbury - if you're going to make a shoe - don't sign an excluive contract to one of the smallest franchise of stores in the tristate area.