New York, 40 Wins?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
New York Knicks: 40 wins. That’s what the Knicks should win without much improvement from the players, that should be enough for Isiah Thomas to say the team is better, but the playoffs may be the only thing that saves his job. Two fundamental things have to be resolved in training camp – Eddy Curry has to live up to the paycheck, and one of the overpaid small forwards has to stay healthy. The Knicks have a ton of talent, the question is can they all stop being impressed at being Knicks, and start getting hungry for the playoffs. Nate Robinson should get a ton of minutes under Thomas, and Stephon Marbury will likely play off the ball more. Look for the Knicks to be a free flowing team, and when the guys realize they can out run teams, they may win more than 40 games.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_18599.shtml

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
If marbury is going to play off the ball more...then steve francis needs to welcome the bench because that's where he is going. JC can run the point while stephon freelances the court. Then nate and steve can bring that explosive backcourt off the bench...that's if steve is up to the notion...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't know about this article. I think it's great that the media is starting to make some sense but I don't see Marbury playing off the ball because there are no other real pg's on the team. I really don't count Francis as a PG. If anything Francis should play the two spot, Marbury play point, make plays and pass the ball off for 2.5 quarters, then take off at the end of the third and fouth quarters. If Marbury could do this he'd make 18-24 pts and 6-12 asts per game. That would shut the critics up.

Thomas didn't do a bad job organizing the team but there are as most of us know, to many guys that require the ball. The main PG/SG rotation will be:
Marbury/Robinson
Francis/Crawford/Richardson

Frankly we don't need Marbury, Francis, Robinson, and Crawford. And we really don't need Richardson. The Knicks need a traditional back up Point guard. Which is why I always wanted to go after Steve Blake. I don't think Crawford,Robinson or Francis we be affective at the point. Mark my words one of these three will be traded.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Not only does the starters need to start the games right they bench need to help out also. especially the big men, we need some blocks and good plays from them.

i thought we shoulda tried to get mike james this summer. he woulda perfect in this backcourt. maybe a sign and trade for JC or something. i like JC, but a true point guard would be so money.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
speedofdark said:
i thought we shoulda tried to get mike james this summer. he woulda perfect in this backcourt. maybe a sign and trade for JC or something. i like JC, but a true point guard would be so money.

I'm sorry but Mike James is far from being a pure PG. JC is a better passer and scorer than Mike James and he's also younger. But if we're talking about defense then Mike James has that mos def. He's also stronger and more aggressive. But I'd much rather have JC...

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
What do you guys think would happen if Richardson actually came correct this season and started making some three pointers like he did back in Phoenix?

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
dasilva1079 said:
What do you guys think would happen if Richardson actually came correct this season and started making some three pointers like he did back in Phoenix?

he needs to get on track this season becuz the knicks dont hav 3 point shooting in their starting lineup so q will be a valuable piece off the bench, but is their enough room for him?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Most of us thought Richardson would be good for the team because of his shooting ability. He like every one else has had a poor season so it is possible with Brown gone that Richardson will really step up. The real issue the Knicks have is, as we all know, an overflow of guards. So the real question is who would you trade first.

Richarson
Francis
Robinson
Crawford
Rose

My opinion, two out of the four listed need to go. I really can't say who though.

portega1968

El Cacique
I view Rose as a SF... nevertheless, I would keep him and allow his deal to expire at year-end unless he can be used in a blockbuster deal that doesn't hurt us in the long run. I would use him more as a point forward this season to see if he can increase his trade value just in case something huge pops up before feb2007.

Therefore, I would ship Francis because his skills are not unique when compared to our other guards PLUS he'll probably have the most trade value of any of our guards. Him and Marbs are the same player (except that Steve can rebound better but Marbs is stronger penetrating). I would love to see Steve and Marbs click as a backcourt, but I'm really doubtful that is even possible considering their egos.

Second, I would ship out Robinson because he's not a pure PG and he's two small as a 2. He brings a ton of energy off the bench, but the league will eventually figure him out and his production will eventually fade.

I would keep Q-Rich because of his defense and 3point shot, plus JC is our most versatile guard who, IMO, has the most upside of any of our guards. JC hasn't reached his peak and I would love to see him reach the next level as a Knick.

Streetz

Rookie
I Hope The Knicks Get 40 + Wins .. But
Unless They Start Playing Like A TEAM That Wouldnt Happen Till 2090

:pray: