JAMES and WADE KNICKS in 2010?!

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Marc J. Spears, The Denver Post: As odd as it may sound, keep an eye in the coming years on the New York Knicks. Why the Knicks? Because either LeBron James or Dwyane Wade will be wearing a Knicks uniform after his contract ends following the 2009-10 season.

James has long been rumored to be interested in playing under the bright lights on the Madison Square Garden floor in New York City with the Knicks. While Wade has never been rumored to play in New York, there definitely will be temptation to go there once he becomes a free agent. The allure for both James and Wade will also be much deeper than just playing in the Big Apple. Endorsement money will be at a career-high for either if he plays in the world's greatest city.

The Knicks would need a sign-and-trade or a mid-level exception to make a deal happen because they will be over the salary cap. Trust me. The long line of multi-million dollar endorsement opportunities, however, would be so ridiculous in New York that it could make up for some of the shortcomings on the Knicks' contract. Just imagine the jersey sales.

Who knows? Maybe James and Wade can even figure out a way to play there together. But don't expect Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony to join them since his contract extension doesn't end until 2012. With either James, Wade or both, the Knicks will be an NBA power in a couple years.

Marc J. Spears, who covers the NBA for The Denver Post, is a contributor to ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=nba2010_champs

I thank God for those endorsements if they lure any of those 2 players to NYKNICKS. I came across this article on espn, and with the idea of both I thought of when the KNICKS got Houston/Sprewell or Frazier/Monroe AMAZING!
Even though we may have something with Marbury/Francis we will have to see when the season begin how that will turn out. Reading this article was like taking in a breath of fresh air.

What are your thoughts???? :praise: :winner:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I read this article. It's true. By 09 the Knicks will be in a strong position to bring in talent the likes of James. I don't see Wade leaving Miami. But it will be a much different team in two years with out Shaq or Mourning. I think it could happen before then if we stop picking up bad contracts and find a way to get rid of the bad ones we have now. Like Richardson and Jerome James.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
with shaq gone in a couple years, expect wade to gain the throne as the team captain, by 09 he'll be a vet with about 6 years experiene in the league so you can scratch his name off of likely f.a signings of the future. but lebron, it's a toss up. his nike endorsements will go through the roof in ny and he has shown interest in playing in the world's most famous arena, but then again he is an ohio guy and i think he has his heart set on finishing his career in his hometown

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Well the Knicks will not get not of them because Pat Riley will never ever let D-Wade go. And Cleveland will have LeBron untill he retires.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i agree with bkballer, i highly doubt wade and bron will be moving. who knows, by 2010 we might want a different guy. Its way to early to say who we would rather between wade an lbj

Mano

Rookie
Lebron or Wade in Knicks?

My money's on Lebron to the Knicks..
Give me Bron Bron anyday.

Wade has established himself as a Heat super power with his championship and the city of Miami is pretty big and loves him and he will be the man once shaq is gone. New York won't do as much for him as much as it would for Lebron.

Cleveland? No where near as high profile as Miami or New York and Cleveland just don't have the goods.
Lebron can take his endorsements to a new level!

Imagine this starting line up in the future with Patrick Ewing as head coach and Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason as assistants..

PG- Marbury
SG - Francis
SF - Lebron
PF - Garnett
C - Frye

yeah i know too far fetched..

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Marbury/Francis is an absolute garbage combo.

As for the idea of players coming to NYC for the chance of lucrative endorsement deals...that is so overrated. When in the past has that ever happened? Sure Lebron and Wade together in a knicks uniform would be awesome, but, honestly, can you really see them turning down a guaranteed higher paying contract from the Cavs/Heat to come to the Knicks so they can get endorsements? No way that happens unless either of them develops a reason to come that bad. That whole endoresement, marketing thing gets talked about so much but I can't remember it actually happening for anyone. The Knicks used that angle and sold it hard when they convinced Houston to sign with them back in '99 (I remember seeing a video they actually made for him where they superimposed his face on billboards) but really, how did that workout? I can't remember seeing him in any ads at all.

And besides, it's not as if these two guys don't have a lot of stuff in place as it is already. Lebron is practically the new face of Nike bball...prominent in sprite ads...I can go on. He doesn't NEED to be closer to NYC to get more. He just has to keep playing well.

We can dream, but in all reality, that will never happen. The Knicks are just going to have to do this the right way...wait for the crap on the roster (and the biggest crap in Isiah) to go away, make smart draft choices, use good scouting to sign sleepers, and then add a big vet once a core is in place.