Knicks - Spurs Thread

allan20

Benchwarmer
man i've been waiting for this win for months! van horn had maybe his best game. 22 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals
ward 17 points, doleac and anderson, each 12

rady

Administrator
Staff member
heh, i knew it, it was really about the time and we proved preseason don't mean shit for us, or at least i hope

Recap:
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Keith Van Horn scored 22 points to lead the New York Knicks to their first exhibition win, 88-74 over the San Antonio Spurs on Friday night.

Charlie Ward added 17 points for the Knicks (15-5), Michael Doleac and Shandon Anderson each had 12.

Tim Duncan had 20 points and 13 rebounds for the Spurs (3-2), who were playing their first home preseason game after 11 days on the road, including an exhibition game in Paris.

Spurs guard Tony Parker twisted his left ankle early in the game. X-rays were negative, but he did not return.

The Spurs got within 62-61 on a free throw by Alex Garcia, but Van Horn hit a 3-pointer with one second left in the third quarter. San Antonio went 4-for-20 in the fourth quarter, including making two field goals over the last seven minutes.

Doleac had eight points in the second quarter as the Knicks took a 45-36 halftime lead.

San Antonio beat the Knicks 85-78 in New York on Sunday.
http://www.knicksonline.as.ro/0304/recap.php?date=2003-10-17

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
if he continues like this, van horn will have a bright future here, and won't be long till fans will cheer for him, trust me