Jalen Rose will be gone soon

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Jalen Rose didn't play on Friday and missed practice yesterday. His Ferris Bueller-like absences may mean the Knicks are trying to buy out his contract. Or it could be as simple as a knee problem.

Rose did not attend yesterday afternoon's open practice at Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey due to "personal reasons," according to Isiah Thomas. The Knicks coach wouldn't answer a direct question about whether he would even make the team. When asked, Thomas instead gave the peace sign on his way to the team bus, smiling like a Cheshire cat.

Thomas elected not to play Rose Friday night against the Nets. The 33-year-old undoubtedly hoped to challenge for the small forward spot this season, but Thomas didn't play him much in the preseason.

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5555/rose-may-be-on-the-way-out.html

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I hope the rumor is true and Jalen Rose's contract will be bought out. Less chance that Isiah makes another foolish move and trade away an expiring contract for another loser and sending us further down salary cap purgurtory.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
This would def be good for the knicks since it looks like Rose won't be getting much playing time. Who knows how long before he starts complaining about lack of pt and that is the last thing that the knicks need.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
I agree,get him out now if isiah has no plans for him.This is gonna be a huge year and we dont need any passengers sitting around picking up a paycheck.

SO who do we get to take that plast spot in the roaster?

Do we get a guard? Perhaps a vet who is KNOWn for defense at that position?

Do we get a PF? Can't cato and Frye and Lee play that position already?

Do we get a Center? Well we have THREE of them there too!

DO we get a 3? isn't that what Jalen already is? Why would we didtch him and get another?

TO me the only option we have to replace his spot is a guard. A guard who is a vet and is known to play hard as a vet. Like Gary Payton. He took a transition from starter to backup and did GREAT in his time on the heat!

Thoughts?

d2319

Benchwarmer
Forget Trading Him

SO who do we get to take that plast spot in the roaster?

Do we get a guard? Perhaps a vet who is KNOWn for defense at that position?

Do we get a PF? Can't cato and Frye and Lee play that position already?

Do we get a Center? Well we have THREE of them there too!

DO we get a 3? isn't that what Jalen already is? Why would we didtch him and get another?

TO me the only option we have to replace his spot is a guard. A guard who is a vet and is known to play hard as a vet. Like Gary Payton. He took a transition from starter to backup and did GREAT in his time on the heat!

Thoughts?

They should just buy him out. We can't afford nobody else. It's like we get somebody new everyday then release them in a couple of weeks. Anyway......................LET'S GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

those 4 players you are thinking abotu who recently got released was because they had no experiance. IT thought it better to bring in Cato who had experiance then to bank on 'un-proven' talent.

But we should get DEFENSE in that last roaster spot.

What has been the downfall of the yankees the past few years?

PITCHING.

yet no matter how hard people cry for it they keep adding power to the lineup.

What has been the knicks downfall the past few years?

DEFENSE!!!!!!

So why not use this new roaster spot to get a defensive minded veteran guard. We signed cato for 1 mil. We could find someone else like that. And if you don't think so, then where did Cato come from?

raptors30

Rookie
Jalen rose is ight. He hogs it too much and thinks he is john starks. Tell him he is not a star player, and to pass the ball

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Isiah will probably use that last spot to bring in someone from the D-League, ala Jackie Butler and Ime Udoka. Hopefully he will spot another gem.

I have a bad feeling that the knicks are going ot go ahead and sign Quintel Woods. Theyll probably want to fill a forward position preferably SF. They might resign one of the guys they carried on their preseason roster.

Starks

Starter
Wow. What a waste of money! Can someone tell me why we traded for him? Arent expiring contracts trade chips? Buying him out is like admiting failure from the front office again. I'd trade him for a draft pick at the very least. Come on Knicks, why do you insist on making it so hard to defend the team?????

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
why cant the knicks just have a 14 man roster? Why dont they just bring allen houston back for this year since they're still payin him? Nooooo leave it at 14

NYKnicks15

Starter
id say its a good move.

admitting failure?
ughh i suppose.. but heres how i look at it.
we needed a SF last season.. we got one
we didnt need AD.. we got rid of him
we needed draft picks.. we got Denvers for AD&JRose and we picked Balkman.

Balkman for Antonio Davis sounds good to me.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Better off without him.Isiahs obviously had it in mind for some time judging by jalens minutes in preseason.Balkmans emergence in those games was just the nail in the coffin.Rose was never gonna see much action,along with the fact that jeffries will be back in a couple weeks.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
i def dont think we need to pick up another guard. mardy collins is supposed to be lock down if they need d that bad at a guard then develop him dont bring another vet who will play just like jalen. there was no spot for jalen here with both q and jared jeffries getting big minutes