Who should be traded?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
HOP OFF OF TRADING FRANCIS AND MARBURY

Do you have a better idea at center...oh yea you want to start jerome james at center or better yet the undersized david lee. Patrick Ewing chucks shots, kurt thomas chucks shots, hakeem Olajuwon chucked shots and yet still averaged a double double. And let me get this through your head...WE CAN'T TRADE MARBURY OR FRANCIS. I don't care if you want to or not. WE ARE NOT TRADING THEM. Has it clicked for you yet? I'm for any move that gets this franchise back to winning. But the moves you've been mentioning aren't happening anytime soon.

Allen

Benchwarmer

Do you have a better idea at center...oh yea you want to start jerome james at center or better yet the undersized david lee. Patrick Ewing chucks shots, kurt thomas chucks shots, hakeem Olajuwon chucked shots and yet still averaged a double double. And let me get this through your head...WE CAN'T TRADE MARBURY OR FRANCIS. I don't care if you want to or not. WE ARE NOT TRADING THEM. Has it clicked for you yet? I'm for any move that gets this franchise back to winning. But the moves you've been mentioning aren't happening anytime soon.

Unfortunately, 1 is right, we are stuck with Marbury and Francis.
Nobody is stupid enough to take them.

metrocard

Legend

David Lee > Curry.

Jerome James is useless.

Patrick Ewing didn't chuck shots, he made shots. Chucking means TAKING STUPID SHOTS, when you're a medicore player. Ewing is a hall of famer and one of the greatest of all time. How dare you disrespect one of our ledgends to defend a buch of scrubs that don't belong on this roster, the hell is wrong with you child?

WE CAN'T TRADE MARBURY OR FRANCIS BECAUSE ISIAH IS A PISS POOR GM WHO TAKES THE WORST CONTRACTS IN THE NBA. I UNDERSTAND IT YOU BAFOON...MAKE A LOGICAL POINT, STOP STATING OBVIOUS THINGS THAT DON'T EVEN BELONG IN THIS THREAD.

The thread started ASKED who should be TRADED, we can't trade Marbury and Francis cause they're garbage overpaid old underachieving ball hogging score first PG's. They have no VALUE, do you understand?

The moves I mention will improve this team, you have no direction or opinion since you have a loyality to Isiah more than the Knicks.

BallHead

Benchwarmer
They're takers out there

Denver would love to have Francis and they desparately need a scoring point guard. Miller is not that type of player, Carmelo can't do it by himself. Franchise and Melo will be a good fit seeing that they're both from the MD/DC area. The question is who will we get in return certainly not K-Mart. It would have to involve a third or fourth team. I know that Grunwald is working the phones right now. Don't be surprised.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The only way to trade Francis and/or Marbury is to showcase them. But playing them together may be bad for the team. I say let them start but limit their minutes. Let them do what they can with 25-30 minutes a game. Let em go out there and be ball hogs or what ever it takes to bring up their trade value and ship one of them out. With out jocking Marbury, I do think Francis has more trade value but Minny might take Marbury. So who knows! It may be possible to trade them both but that's a long shot. Oh and just for the record there is an article confiming my trade idea of Francis/Fry for Garnett as a good one. http://www.newsday.com/sports/print...494nov22,0,3631139.story?coll=ny-sports-print

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
call me crazy but i think steph goes off tonite. 20-30 pts 6-12 asts. playin in the arena he started in. hes taken the most heat for the bumpy start (im not saying he doesnt deserve it) and i think he's had enough. i think tonite he shows the fans, his team, isiah, and anyone else whos watchin exactly how good a player he really is.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
David Lee > Curry.

Jerome James is useless.

Patrick Ewing didn't chuck shots, he made shots. Chucking means TAKING STUPID SHOTS, when you're a medicore player. Ewing is a hall of famer and one of the greatest of all time. How dare you disrespect one of our ledgends to defend a buch of scrubs that don't belong on this roster, the hell is wrong with you child?

WE CAN'T TRADE MARBURY OR FRANCIS BECAUSE ISIAH IS A PISS POOR GM WHO TAKES THE WORST CONTRACTS IN THE NBA. I UNDERSTAND IT YOU BAFOON...MAKE A LOGICAL POINT, STOP STATING OBVIOUS THINGS THAT DON'T EVEN BELONG IN THIS THREAD.

The thread started ASKED who should be TRADED, we can't trade Marbury and Francis cause they're garbage overpaid old underachieving ball hogging score first PG's. They have no VALUE, do you understand?

The moves I mention will improve this team, you have no direction or opinion since you have a loyality to Isiah more than the Knicks.

hahaha somebody is getting mad. Am I getting under your skin that bad son? Let me pat you on the back and say I'm sorry. You take everything I say and you interpret it in the wrong way. You get so excited to try to shut someone down you don't even realize what I'm trying to say. Notice no one has agreed with you yet? dag...that's prolly your conscience to tell you to shut up before you get shut down AGAIN. And YOU quit stating the obivous...we all know david lee is better than curry haven't you heard on my other posts he deserves to start? Jerome James is useless but YOU want to bench curry AND not replace him with Frye. Sorry playa...Lee isn't making it far starting center. And then you have the audacity to ask me do I understand something and I've stated 4 times to your sorry behind already. Grow up! Trying to turn my man patrick ewing against me. LOOK AT THE LEAGUE RAY RAY. ARE YOU BLIND? For the most part the whole league is softer. This isn't the 90s ball you used to see playa. And you are never going to see that again. It's not Isiah's fault, it's not dolan's fault, it's not francis's fault, it's not eddy curry's fault (or do I need to say the whole roster cuz I think you've used everyone as a scapegoat already) And know I'm not a Isiah fan...if you could read in previous posts I've stated I AM FOR ANYTHING THAT HELPS THE TEAM. And you should be too. Just because you don't like francis or marbury doesn't mean you should ship them out on the next ship. One thing you should have realized was that they play better when the others on the bench. Have you realized that? Prolly not. Cuz you've been to busy crying. And since when has 29 years of age been old? That's the prime of your career playa. Dag you know absolutely nothing do you? Also...marbury, francis, frye, and crawford are the same type of talents playing the same positions which robs each other of minutes. This forces each player to find their rhythm in a short amount of time before they get pulled out of the game. This is why JC and Q-Rich is excelling the most because they are our best shooters. Marbury and Francis on the other hand aren't known as shooters as much as they are known as slashers. So ask yourself who can find rhythm faster a jump shooter or a slasher. And by your information...I'm an intelligent black, afro-american, negro...and proud of it so please don't let race come out of your mouth again. And know I don't live in the suburbs. You are more ignorant then I thought. And again...I'm NOT LITTLE so let's not get this confused again. Let's keep it at basketball and if you get mad...be grown about it and keep the name calling to a mum because it doesn't make me look bad...it just makes you look like you're 4. And if the two statements you just mentioned is the only two notions you picked up from all the things I've said then I'm done with you. Composure is all a man has and it looks like I've taken that away from you...here...I'll give it back now lol

metrocard

Legend
hahaha somebody is getting mad. Am I getting under your skin that bad son? Let me pat you on the back and say I'm sorry. You take everything I say and you interpret it in the wrong way. You get so excited to try to shut someone down you don't even realize what I'm trying to say. Notice no one has agreed with you yet? dag...that's prolly your conscience to tell you to shut up before you get shut down AGAIN. And YOU quit stating the obivous...we all know david lee is better than curry haven't you heard on my other posts he deserves to start? Jerome James is useless but YOU want to bench curry AND not replace him with Frye. Sorry playa...Lee isn't making it far starting center. And then you have the audacity to ask me do I understand something and I've stated 4 times to your sorry behind already. Grow up! Trying to turn my man patrick ewing against me. LOOK AT THE LEAGUE RAY RAY. ARE YOU BLIND? For the most part the whole league is softer. This isn't the 90s ball you used to see playa. And you are never going to see that again. It's not Isiah's fault, it's not dolan's fault, it's not francis's fault, it's not eddy curry's fault (or do I need to say the whole roster cuz I think you've used everyone as a scapegoat already) And know I'm not a Isiah fan...if you could read in previous posts I've stated I AM FOR ANYTHING THAT HELPS THE TEAM. And you should be too. Just because you don't like francis or marbury doesn't mean you should ship them out on the next ship. One thing you should have realized was that they play better when the others on the bench. Have you realized that? Prolly not. Cuz you've been to busy crying. And since when has 29 years of age been old? That's the prime of your career playa. Dag you know absolutely nothing do you? Also...marbury, francis, frye, and crawford are the same type of talents playing the same positions which robs each other of minutes. This forces each player to find their rhythm in a short amount of time before they get pulled out of the game. This is why JC and Q-Rich is excelling the most because they are our best shooters. Marbury and Francis on the other hand aren't known as shooters as much as they are known as slashers. So ask yourself who can find rhythm faster a jump shooter or a slasher. And by your information...I'm an intelligent black, afro-american, negro...and proud of it so please don't let race come out of your mouth again. And know I don't live in the suburbs. You are more ignorant then I thought. And again...I'm NOT LITTLE so let's not get this confused again. Let's keep it at basketball and if you get mad...be grown about it and keep the name calling to a mum because it doesn't make me look bad...it just makes you look like you're 4. And if the two statements you just mentioned is the only two notions you picked up from all the things I've said then I'm done with you. Composure is all a man has and it looks like I've taken that away from you...here...I'll give it back now lol

You say playa too much, stop trying too hard to be "black" I grew up in the South Bronx, surrounded by many intelligent black people who I go to college with now, they would never type like this on the internet. Atleast be mature right now.

If you're for anything that helps this team, then you would agree Marbury and Francis SHOULD be traded, along with Crawford.

This thread is about WHO SHOULD BE TRADED, if you're not being logical, then I can't understand you. I repeat, don't ever compare the scrubs on this team to Hakeem or Patrick Ewing, thats not reasonable or logical or doesn't prove your point.

We're both Knick fans here. Isiah has a GREAT eye for talented players he can draft good, but he's a terrible GM/Coach, he needs to be shipped. Same with Marbury, Francis, Curry, Fyre, Crawford. We will never be a winning foundation with these group of players who are talented, but not good for ball movement, smart shot selection, taking care of the ball, DEFENSE. We must start over with a fresh new page and rebuild around Richardson, Robinson, Lee, Balkman, Collins. We must PERSUE to obtain an all star quality big man and a pass first or defensive PG. We have a scoring guard in Nate, we don't need Marbury, Francis or Crawford for that. Curry and Fyre are one dementional, we can't build our fondation on these guys.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
See this post...I'm squashing this beef for several reasons...metrocard...you have brought up the black issue too many times in this post. This is a basketball forum. WE DON'T TALK ABOUT RACE IN THIS FORUM. So that's the first mistake that you made. Don't you ever talk about who's blacker than who. Don't ever do that because not only do I know more about black culture, african culture, trans-saharan, trans-indian, and trans-atlantic slave trades and the ordeals that go into these matters, I know how it commonly affects people like you. Can you touch upon that with facts already in your head? I also know that you prolly listen to a lil rap music and think you can judge on people and how black they are. Can Didn't think so. I'm black, I know I'm black, I know my facts, and I know my history. So before you test my patience or my color...ask yourself...is this smart testing this guy? As of right now you are on the list of the people I ignore...because ignorant people do not need to be acknowledged. Therefore this is my last post toward you. The bigger man will walk away...
So when did I ever compare channing frye to patrick ewing or olajuwon? Notice you're the only one making a big deal about it? Because again you misinterpret on what I say. Ewing a jump shooter, olajuwon for the most part a 1 on 1 post player. Frye shot 48% last year almost purely shooting jumpers. So shooting 48% is chucking up shots? Oh I forgot...you judging Frye's whole career on 10 games my bad. Frye is rebounding with decent numbers his whole career. Not the greatest rebounder but he can somewhat get the job done. But then again I didn't know you was that ignorant. I completely disagree on your re-building plan. Not only is it impossible but it's crazy to trade our young stars such as curry and frye. I do agree with Dr. C's plan tho. Let's play the best players and fire up the vets. That's the most realistic way to go...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
As another black poster, I hate to see issues made over race. There's a lot of people that are disenfranchised solely on appearance. It's a painful thing to deal with, so to read it in this forum sucks. We all agree we want the Knicks to win. Period. So we all have different opinions of how we believe this can be achieved. When we got Eddy Curry, most thought he could grow into a quality big. So far that hasn't been realized. Frye is struggling, but moving him doesn't really do much but set us back a few more years. I think when Jeffries returns, the Knicks will have another long defender at their disposal. We really shouldn't consider trading anyone except the heavier contracts that have burdened and set this franchise back (Marbury & Francis). I know I've been beefing with sxmarbury516 (I said some ugly things) and I'm calling that off now soley to promote unity...regardless of all things.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Thank you all for showing some maturity and settling everything. And YES race is something we would like to keep out of discussions here. But also lets take the time to respectfully type a response. Thank you all, you make my job a lot easier! :)

Get rid of Stephon Marbury please.
Love the guy, but enough is enough.
We dont need anymore scorers, we need a quality big or SF.

metrocard

Legend
See this post...I'm squashing this beef for several reasons...metrocard...you have brought up the black issue too many times in this post. This is a basketball forum. WE DON'T TALK ABOUT RACE IN THIS FORUM. So that's the first mistake that you made. Don't you ever talk about who's blacker than who. Don't ever do that because not only do I know more about black culture, african culture, trans-saharan, trans-indian, and trans-atlantic slave trades and the ordeals that go into these matters, I know how it commonly affects people like you. Can you touch upon that with facts already in your head? I also know that you prolly listen to a lil rap music and think you can judge on people and how black they are. Can Didn't think so. I'm black, I know I'm black, I know my facts, and I know my history. So before you test my patience or my color...ask yourself...is this smart testing this guy? As of right now you are on the list of the people I ignore...because ignorant people do not need to be acknowledged. Therefore this is my last post toward you. The bigger man will walk away...
So when did I ever compare channing frye to patrick ewing or olajuwon? Notice you're the only one making a big deal about it? Because again you misinterpret on what I say. Ewing a jump shooter, olajuwon for the most part a 1 on 1 post player. Frye shot 48% last year almost purely shooting jumpers. So shooting 48% is chucking up shots? Oh I forgot...you judging Frye's whole career on 10 games my bad. Frye is rebounding with decent numbers his whole career. Not the greatest rebounder but he can somewhat get the job done. But then again I didn't know you was that ignorant. I completely disagree on your re-building plan. Not only is it impossible but it's crazy to trade our young stars such as curry and frye. I do agree with Dr. C's plan tho. Let's play the best players and fire up the vets. That's the most realistic way to go...

My bad for bring race into this thread. Its ignorant to say you know more about black culture than anyone though, stop that. I grew up in the South Bronx with a dense black population, I looked at them, whether black or Puerto Rican, as Bronxnites, my neighbors. What the hell does rap music have to do with anything? You're showing ignorance and not reason. I want to reason with you, but you continue to disappoint. You're putting down blacks here with your ignorance.

Ewing isn't a jumpshooter, he had the complete offensive game. Something Fyre is far from.

"Patrick Ewing chucks shots, kurt thomas chucks shots, hakeem Olajuwon chucked shots "

You SAID THAT, and you were WRONG. Admit it , and stop being in denial.

Crawford chucks shots. Chucking shots is shooting low % FG shots, or bad shot selection. Shooting when you're not suppose to, or shooting where theres a better option to go to on offense. Ewing was a prolific scorer, same with Hakeem. I don't know how the hell you put Kurt Thomas in there with them, you're either retarded or can't make a logical point. Kurt Thomas average 10 points a game, how was he a chucker? He only took wide open mid range shots, thats GOOD shot selection. Do you understand now? Hakeem scored all those points from one on one post scorer? LOL SO HOW IS HE A CHUCKER? I thought you chucked jumpshots...you are definatelly a slow one.

Somewhat get the job done? Fyre doesn't get the job done, cause he gets out rebounded by everyone in the NBA. He's a poor rebounder, thats final.

Curry and Fyre aren't young stars, they're young one dementional big men who can't help this team in the future cause they lack a defensive mind set we need on defense, toughness, rebounding and attitude we lack. Villanueva is a YOUNG star. Bogut is a YOUNG star. Stop stating things with EXPLAINING them, then maybe more people can take you seriously.

and the TITLE OF THE THREAD IS WHO SHOULD BE TRADED...learn how to read.

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
If a miracle can come in the next couple of months...i think it's possible that we can get a big guy. If we trade Q-Rich or JC...someone with a reasonable contract, then I think it may be possible to get a quality big man in the near future. I agree NYKnicks15, we are in dire need of an inside presence and not just an offensive inside presence like eddy but an overall presence that exists on the offensive and defensive side of the floor. I'm just glad we didn't trade for Webber. He's falling apart now, it's obvious that the end is near for him. One thing that still haunts us today is that McDyess trade. Trading Nene and Camby hurt me the minute layden traded them. They're athleticism is rare for their size and would have definitely fit into what we're trying to do here.

metrocard

Legend
If a miracle can come in the next couple of months...i think it's possible that we can get a big guy. If we trade Q-Rich or JC...someone with a reasonable contract, then I think it may be possible to get a quality big man in the near future. I agree NYKnicks15, we are in dire need of an inside presence and not just an offensive inside presence like eddy but an overall presence that exists on the offensive and defensive side of the floor. I'm just glad we didn't trade for Webber. He's falling apart now, it's obvious that the end is near for him. One thing that still haunts us today is that McDyess trade. Trading Nene and Camby hurt me the minute layden traded them. They're athleticism is rare for their size and would have definitely fit into what we're trying to do here.

Q-Rich is our best player, why would we trade him? We need to subtract our cancers before we trade for anyone.

We are in need of inside presence? I thought Curry was suppose to be our Franchise big man? :teeth: We gave up cap room and a number one for him, what happend? I guess another move that back fired on Isiah, and another sorry ass excuse for an Isiahsexual like you to defend Isiah on.

Starks

Starter
actually trading for webber would be a good business move. Hes in the last year of his contract..thats over 20mil that could come off the books for us if we finally LET A GODDAM CONTRACT JUST EXPIRE for once. I'd try to sell philly Steve or Steph. Then we could let Webber's contract expire and help us shave a big portion of our payroll off. Then we activate Mardy Collins and see if this kid can play. With the money coming off the books, we can get out of that luxury tax hell we are in. DO YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT WITH THE LUXURY TAX, WE ARE PAYING JARRED JEFFRIES, perenial bench player, 60 MILLION!!!! think about that for a minute. 60 million for a Bruce Bowen clone. You know what 60 million should buy you in the NBA? Dwight Howard, Melo, Bosh just to name a few.

metrocard

Legend
actually trading for webber would be a good business move. Hes in the last year of his contract..thats over 20mil that could come off the books for us if we finally LET A GODDAM CONTRACT JUST EXPIRE for once. I'd try to sell philly Steve or Steph. Then we could let Webber's contract expire and help us shave a big portion of our payroll off. Then we activate Mardy Collins and see if this kid can play. With the money coming off the books, we can get out of that luxury tax hell we are in. DO YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT WITH THE LUXURY TAX, WE ARE PAYING JARRED JEFFRIES, perenial bench player, 60 MILLION!!!! think about that for a minute. 60 million for a Bruce Bowen clone. You know what 60 million should buy you in the NBA? Dwight Howard, Melo, Bosh just to name a few.

MY GOD...A KNICKS FAN WITH SOME COMMON SENSE AND SOME GM SKILLS...THANK YOU GOD...FINALLY.

paris401

Starter
why would phila trade webber who is in the last year of his contract for starbury or franchise who have 2 or more years left???

especially since they have guard who like to touch the ball every once in a while (read iverson).

the phila g.m. would have to be a larger idiiot, then our resident idiot for this trade to happen..

i luv the knicks, but fear that the 'star-franchise' vaudville show will be playing at the graden for quite a while...

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I gonna have to say Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry for Kevin Garnett. I think Steve Francis will be good to start at point and Crawford at the 2 spot and Mardy Collins could finally get some play if that happens.