GAME THREAD - 11/10/06 - 8:30pm - Knicks @ Rockets

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

8:30 PM, Friday, November 10th, 2006
Toyota Center, Houston, TX

knicks_logo.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (2-3)
3099.jpg
3407.jpg
3417.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg

MARBURY---CRAWFORD---RICHARDSON---FRYE---CURRY
@
rockets_logo.gif

HOUSTON ROCKETS (3-2)
3282.jpg
3179.jpg
3516.jpg
4023.jpg
3599.jpg

ALSTON---McGRADY---BATTIER---HAYES---MING

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Rockets Team Stats
RocketsTeam Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

rady

Administrator
Staff member
November 18th 2004, NY @ Hou
crawford_1811.jpg

November 8th, 2006 NY @ Den
cd7b2247-3cde-42b4-ae9f-3a2f72569859.jpg

I'm a bit worried about this game, T-Mac is in a great shape, and curry can't take yao, but if there's a clutch player in our roster, that's jamal.

Knicks win by 2

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Tough game that should be close.If Francis is involved in this one i think we have a really good shot.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
this may be a tough game for the knicks. we may see a lot more of cato, he used to play with yao and might be able to shut him down more then eddy. also problems with alston and t-mac breaking down the d. but if the knicks can stop that and play with energy i like our chances

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Knicks need to hit the boards hard. If Crawford plays like he did against Denver then we definitely have a shot. I know Francis is excited to return to Houston and I hope that he plays. Hopefully his excitement won't lead to him making bad decisions though.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I found a way of watching the game live on MSG. All those who are not able to see it on TV, holla at me on YIM

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Francis is not playing. Its good that he is not rushing back just to play his former team. According to Isiah, he is in no danger of losing the starting spot... yet. Maybe Collins will get some burn.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Knicks only turn the ball over 9 times and they still lose the game. They are playing defense though. The Knicks play some of their best ball when Balkman and Lee are on the floor together. As soon as they develop a consistent jump shot good things will happen for the Knicks.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Channing Frye needs to take a seat.He never showed up against the rockets.Give David Lee his shot,14 and 7 off the bench again.Eddie Curry...ive said enough about this guy allready.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Patience is key here peops. Yes I agree with Frye needing to take a seat until he gets his rhythm back. But guess who Eddy was playing the past two games...a more mobile, athletic center in Marcus Camby and only the best center in the league in Yao Ming. I think you guys are trying to invest too much into Eddy Curry. He's a offensive powerhouse but he just doesn't have the mentality to be a consistent defensive presence. Give the kid a break...he's our best post option...he will hopefully sooner or later turn into somewhat of a defender...

naterob4

Benchwarmer
why should we give curry a break? he really has done nothing for the knicks. when he comes on the floor the ball stops moving, gets thrown to him and he does the same hook shot every time. actually he has a new move this year! a fade away. id say it is the most embarasing fade away ive ever seen. he isnt an offensive powerhouse if you ask me and is possibly the worst defesive player ive ever seen. i think hes had plenty of chances to become a good player and hasnt improved one bit since coming to the knicks. lets hope jerome james proves not to be a complete bust when he comes back on to the court.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Well a post player's role is not to distribute the ball...it is to put the ball in the basket. You will never see Curry average 5 assists a game just like you never saw ewing, shaq, or olajuwon average 5 assists. The post player is the anchor and usually the only constant in your offense. Other than last night...Eddy has fulfilled that role sufficiently. He just needs to stay out of foul trouble so he can put up those numbers. Yes, he's not the greatest defender and yes he has two or three post moves but how many post moves did shaq have to be effective? How about ewing? How about Jabbar? It doesn't matter how many postmoves you have, at the end of the day you have to be effective. I don't care if you have 40 post moves...if you can't translate that into making an impact on the game then it doesn't really matter.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
the knicks almost came back wen marbury hit that 3 i thought they were gonna make it interesting but no they fall short again