Bench Frye, Marbury and Curry

portega1968

El Cacique
Marbury and Frye need 2be benched.

When Frye was drafted, I berated this pick in that draft's thread because I believed Bynum was better and available. Someone posted that he had seen Bynum play in high school and bla bla bla he sucked. But I believe Bynum with the Lakers will prove better than Frye.

Frye's basically a good spot-up shooter. But his rebounding, defense and post-game sucks. Damn he looks goofy posting up!!!. I begged for this cat 2be traded when he had value (Frye & Francis should have netted us an All-Star a couple of months ago). And now there he is sucking big time. David Lee should be at the 4 and I've said that all year. I don't think we'll see Frye in a Knick uniform when pay day comes around in 2008.

Marbs at best is gonna have some nice games here and there and barely... but he needs a-benching to wake the fuck up. Dang it but him and Franchise don't belong together on the court. Marbs needs to be humbled big time on the court (he's a great human being off the court no discussion here) in order for him to come back and lead the Knicks to the next level.

Anyways, I think we should start Jamal and Q in the backcourt with David Lee, Cato and Curry upfront.

Curry is another candidate for dangling by his heels out of a balcony with no way out other than results NOW!!! I want 20 points, 10 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks and a fucking hustle play here and there as of tonight or sit him at the end of the bench alongside Marbury and Frye.

I'm sick and tired of this shit... it's been years of dissapointment and these guys have the talent but have no idea of how to translate that into Ws.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Frye and Curry maybe but not Marbury

I definitely agree that time is running out for Frye and Curry. The Knicks are not going to win games with them playing like they're playing. It seems like Isiah will stick with them as long as possible though. I have to say that I can't wait for Jerome James to get back. If you could couple his aggressiveness with Curry's abilities, we would have a pretty decent center. Hopefully having an healthy James and Cato waiting to steal his minutes will be a motivation for Curry. Isiah will also have the option of playing smallball with Jeffries, when he comes back, at center with Lee and Q-Rich (or Balkman) in the front court.

Marbury definitely hasn't done anything to really warrant being benched. Some might say that he's made some questionable decisions but who on the Knicks hasn't. He has hit some big and timely shots for the Knicks. I think he has been playing much better after being booed at the garden. We shouldn't give up on him just yet.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Feel the same as trueblue20 about this.Marbury seems to be prepared to sacrifice his own personnal statistics for the good of the team,people destroyed him for being selfish before.Now he seems to have changed a bit and he still gets critised,i say lets cut him some slack and see how he goes for a while. Frye,has to be benched.He may as well not have even suited up so far this season.I know its only 6 games in,but this is the same guy that teams were queing up to trade for.I think he ll recover,but watching from the bench for a while might do him the world of good.He knew coming into this season that his spot was all but guaranteed.Isiah needs to give him a little reality check and just remind him that hes only a 2nd year player and can be replaced. Eddie,what can i say? Deserves the bench,but who we gonna start?Cato? im not too sure cato is worthy of a starting spot.This is the only reason i can think of that Curry should not be benched.The guys playing with no heart(pun intended).Anybody else in his situation would be playing like a man possessed.Dont understand what this guys problem is. As for a Q,Jamal backcourt? I dont think it would work,in my own opinion i dont think either player would be very effective as a starting PG.Granted,both players can shoot the lights out when their on form,but im just not feelin em as a starting backcourt.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
First of all with Frye you have to give him a chance to make an adjustment in his game. If you read my prior posts from last year, you will see that I compared Frye to Charles Smith. I saw such a parallel in their games it was scary. Frye was successful last season because the defenses didn't respect him and adjust for his game. This year, he is taken more seriously and now teams have a game plan to defend him. What he needs to do, and this will define his career, is adjust so that he can still play his game. That is what true stars do.
To expect Curry to put up "20 points, 10 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks" is asking him to play a type of game that is not his style. 20 points is something that he should be able to accomplish but he is a pure offensive player. You will get games where he will have a break out defensive game, but his normal game stats will be offensive heavy. That's why they need a polar opposite in a 4 to flank him. They need someone who doesn't care about scoring and just will bang.
Marbury should not be on the court with Frances, I agree with this 100%! But, what is the winning combo in the back field? Crawford is not a great defender, although he has improved since early on in his career. Any combo you put on is going to be carbon copies of eachother, that's why Isiah is slammed about his design for the backcourt. You have guys that only know how to drive and creat their own shot and basically only care about scoring. Now, you have Marbury who is turning the ball over so he is now becoming a liability at times. I think Crawfor is best suited for coming off the bench. He comes in with a very strong offensive game and can create a shot off the dribble. Like Frasier says, "he is a great bad shot shooter" so he is good in crunch time. We need a 2 like Raja Bell who plays tenacious D and can hit that long range shot if left open. If we had Bell than Marbury, Frances or Crawford would be a nice compliment. I like Q Rich at the 3, he has been the one real bright spot in my opinion and I have kind of turned around on him. I was totally against him coming here but now that he is with this roster, he is a valuable player! The 2 guys I would like to see the Knicks get is Raja Bell and Bruce Bowen. These guys along with Lee at the 4 and either Marbury or Frances at the 1 would be a solid lineup. Curry, Lee, Bowen, Bell, Marbury/Frances as the startes and Qrich and Frye off the bench. I would take that into the playoffs.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
i dont understand why you would say marbury should be benched at all..to say francis is better then marbury or that has played better this year isnt true. of all the knicks i think eddy curry needs to be benched. frye already has been he has barely played 2nd halfs all year. but curry to me has been a complete waste of talent. his d is pathetic. last night i watched yao ming take him off the drible and he stood there like crawford had just shook him with a crossover, no heart at all doenst even try to play a lick of defense. his offense is horrible too. he has one shot a jump hook with the right hand. he needs to be benched but the problem is he cant be. cato cant play 30 minutes a game and jerome is still hurt. when he comes back if curry keeps this up, jerome may well be starting.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
i dont understand why you would say marbury should be benched at all..to say francis is better then marbury or that has played better this year isnt true. of all the knicks i think eddy curry needs to be benched. frye already has been he has barely played 2nd halfs all year. but curry to me has been a complete waste of talent. his d is pathetic. last night i watched yao ming take him off the drible and he stood there like crawford had just shook him with a crossover, no heart at all doenst even try to play a lick of defense. his offense is horrible too. he has one shot a jump hook with the right hand. he needs to be benched but the problem is he cant be. cato cant play 30 minutes a game and jerome is still hurt. when he comes back if curry keeps this up, jerome may well be starting.

I think you are confusing Curry with lack of a heart for playing out of his ellement. He is an offensive oriented big man. He is not a defensive force. Just because his physical build is big doesn't make him a defensive threat. He will pull down some rebounds and get the occasional blocked shot, but his strength is his offense. Frances has out played Marbury in the first few games before he was injured. Just because he didn't put up huge offensive numbers doesn't mean he didn't play better. He showed he could play "pesky" defense and his energy was disrupting the other teams defesive shemes. He had some key steal as well, while he DID NOT turn over the ball like Steph was.

Frye should be benched plain and simple. We start out slow and always fall behind. Lee has put up double figures in rebonds and points. last night he had 4 steals!

Frye should be turned into the back up, lee should start.

Curry and cato and James should all be competing for minutes with the best f them getting the bulk. To just start Curry because you paid the farm to get him is stupid. What we need is people to compete for minutes and get rewarded. Just because francis is healed doesn't mean he should start. Jamal has earned his startig job. Let Steve play hard and get 20 points in the fourth for a WIN anad we'll talk about starting him.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
i think eddy curry should definetly be benched , q-rich could post up better than him and he is a sf. all curry does is get beat defensievly get offensive fouls and never pass the ball wen he gets it, that was one of the worst trades in knick history 2nd to the camby trade