Marbury + Francis = DISASTER

Does anyone remember that poll during the preseason about the forcast of the knicks backcourt. I wish we can put that back up so that everyone will select DISASTER. It is absurd that the starting backcourt which is getting almost $40 mil combined can only manage to hit 1 Field Goal. ONE!! Its about time Isiah realizes this and takes action. Hes not acting like a coach on the brink of getting fired. If it take benching your so called stars to get a W then he should make the sacrafice. Its ridiculous how everygame they fall behind they need their backups to bring them back. Lets get what were paying for or else get them the hell out of here. The starting lineup should consist of who deserves to play not who is getting payed the most. 4 out of the 5 starters right now are getting outplayed by their subs. Lets do the right thing and fix the problem before its too late.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I agree. To have a backcourt that makes this much money go 1-10 combined? It's not only ridiculous but disgusting. Guys need to earn their minutes. As a reserve you watch Marbury take up 30+ minutes a a game, you'd get frustrated knowing that he does nothing to justify this. I say that you bench him till he plays better.

Marbury's wise words

Marbury: "We're Getting Better In Spurts"
14th November, 2006 - 1:30 am
...“I’m probably being too laid back,” added Marbury. “I’m trying to do something that I’ve never done before.

“I believe in what Isiah is trying to do.”

In saying that hes trying to do something that hes never done before I think hes talking about winning. Hes right he has never won before and really doesnt know how. Isnt that too bad. Get him out of here! at least he knows and admits hes a loser, has never won and will never win

JamesM

Benchwarmer
"I ll bench anyone"-Isiah, exactly what does somebody have to do to get benched? Ive pretty much defended every knick at some point,especially Marbury,but its becoming harder and harder to do this.When will Thomas learn,close defeats mean nothing.2-6 just stinks,bottom line.its UNACCEPTABLE.As for the backcourt last night,Steph sucked,what can i say?we got bigger problems than i thought.

Allen

Benchwarmer
So much for the, "best backcourt in the NBA". I had expressed my reservations about this pairing before. Now we are seeing the results. It is unfortunate that it has turned out like this. Some people were predicting playoffs this season, looks like Chicago will another lottery pick in the next draft instead.

seth

Rookie
marbury

I agree that the backcourt has been painfully disappointing, but let's not forget that Steph has had problems with his shoulder since Wally World knocked him out, and Francis is playing on a slightly bum ankle as of right now.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
I Know what your saying about Stephs shoulder and Francis ankle.But lets be honest,we re just making excuses for these guys.They ve done next to nothing for the knicks in the time they ve been here.Both guys are living and getting paid on their past reputations.Marbury claims to bleed orange and blue and "wants to die a knick".If this is true a bad shoulder should mean nothing to him,he should call up Willis Reed and ask him how to play with an injury.They should just be cast aside to the bench to talk about how their gonna spend their money and watch a guy like Nate Robinson pay with some heart.

Trin_Starr

Starter
It's not about making excuses.
Isiah is creating a serious double standard.
One - he is telling marbury he has to take a backseat and distribute then he lets nate, francis and JC jack up shots etc.
8 times of out 10 - if marbury takes the ball to the hole - he either
1. Makes it AND 1
2. Makes it
3. Doesn't make it but gets to the foul line

Why is isiah not using marbury's talent?
Isiah was the same as him - a scoring PG
Look at his stats
Isiah jacked up about 1250 shots a season scoring around 20pts and 9 assists a game.
http://www.nba.com/history/players/thomas_stats.html

Marbury is at his best when he is aggressive getting to the basket, scoring at will, running the pick n roll for easy baskets and setting up teammates for wide open shots after a drive and kick out...

There are only 2 reasons why i think isiah might be doing this
1. - a trade is brewing so he wants to showcase the talent we have
2. - He wants to prove to Dolan that the guys he brought here have talent, and that is not Marbury alone that is making the team do well.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
4. Marbury causes an offensive foul.

Is it just me or Marbury, Francis and Crawford have been causing a lot of offensive fouls?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
patience people patience...you have to realize francis and marbury have played with each other for less than a quarter of a season. Practice play with each other helps but there is no test of chemistry than the real game. After marbury steps up here in a couple of games and frye is starting to improve already...soon everybody will stop the fire and trade rants and start praising people...

Starks

Starter
patience people patience...you have to realize francis and marbury have played with each other for less than a quarter of a season. Practice play with each other helps but there is no test of chemistry than the real game. After marbury steps up here in a couple of games and frye is starting to improve already...soon everybody will stop the fire and trade rants and start praising people...

yea I know, but I hate to break it to you: this franchise can longer ask for patience from its fans. Its win or blow up the team. Anything below a 4th playoff seed is grounds for complete destruction.

Asking fans for patience would have been cool 3-4 years ago. But not anymore. This is NEW YORK F'n CITY. Not Miami or New Orleans.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Yeah true, but NY has the worst fans in the league. Why do you think Phil Jackson wanted no parts of the Knicks? The media and the fans! I agree we need patients but in order for the Knicks to have a future they will have to make trades. Be it Marbury,Francis, Frye or who ever. All of our guys are decent players but none of them will be all-stars. I think that's what the Knicks are missing. I'd much rather see Steph get 25 pts and 3 assits than 16 and 4. Even though the 16 and 4 is good for a PG. There is no one that can put the team on their back.

gega

Rookie
:(

I do agree that its not working out, they are both trying to "not rush anything", they have that less is more attitude and its not good, they have to take control and take charge just like francis did in one pre season game when he exploded for 38 points, one of them could probably do that every night if they wanted too, one should distribute and the other should score, they should play a couple of 2 on 2s in practice together so they learn to play with one another or something cause it has been very dissapointing so far...:fire:

JamesM

Benchwarmer
I see what your saying about the less is more attitude not working.But the problem with Marbury or Francis taking it upon themselves to carry the scoring load, is that they ll both end up doing it at the same time.If one of them is given this responsability,the other will follow suit.They both have big egos and have considered themselves to be THE MAN on almost every team theyve played on. The Knicks havent got the defensive strenght nessesary to allow these guys this freedom.One has to go,and probably along with somebody else in order for us to get an all star quality player.Personally id trade Marbury out of these 2 guys.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
first off did any of you look @ the schedule for november. its not gonna be an easy month thats for dam sure. give it a lil time and the team chemistry will be @ 100%. were playing without jared jeffries. when he comes back he will give us that solid d against some bigger guys which we so desperatly need. i really think isiah needs to make just one change in the starting 5. PUT DAVID LEE IN FROM THE OPENING TIP. we need him on the boards from the start. then we still have nate and balkman coming off the bench to energize the team.

i agree marbury definatly hasn't played to his potential. but last nite against the wizards i noticed the difference. he was moving without the ball. getting himself in the game and keeping the guy guarding him on their toes. he needs to continue to do that and realize that moving without the ball will open up the lane and open up jumpshots 4 him.

and to all of you who have said he isnt a winner, take a look @ his teams. he's been on 4 teams. 3 of them he's made the playoffs on. better yet he LED the team to the post season on thoze 3 teams. there are plenty of great players who dont know what its like to see the 2nd round of the playoffs. up until a few years ago garnett didnt. t-mac doesnt. gilbert arenas dont. it doesnt mean that cant change. once he gets back to his 20pts and 8asts a game that will open up the offense for the rest of the team.

steve francis isnt playing that bad either. he's learning that he isnt the franchise of the team and cant be a one man show. hopefully he continues to get his team-mates involved.

but the bottom line is the season is very young and the knicks are in the hardest part of their schedule. i still have faith

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
yea I know, but I hate to break it to you: this franchise can longer ask for patience from its fans. Its win or blow up the team. Anything below a 4th playoff seed is grounds for complete destruction.

Asking fans for patience would have been cool 3-4 years ago. But not anymore. This is NEW YORK F'n CITY. Not Miami or New Orleans.

I don't care if it's in London, England...if you don't have patience in a team then wins aren't coming anytime soon. Sorry to say this but good teams aren't made overnight. Time will tell...we have to deal with it. And I agree with you sxmarbury516...this season is still young. It's ridic how some of you guys want to trade and fire everyone in the office 10 games in the season. It's crazy that you guys are questioning Starbury, the same guy some of you bashed for being a ball hog and dropping 22 pts 8 asts a game. Now he's passing the ball and you guys are calling him garbage. I can't argue with suckas like that...he can't win ya'lls acceptance, straight up. Some of ya'll need to make up your minds because some of ya'll have a lot of hate in this guy but in reality he's the best player we have...

Blas

Benchwarmer
I disagree with most of you...

The backcourt is fine, but far from great. Right now we have five players who can potential be huge scorers. When you have players like that they MUST touch the ball whether it is passing or scoring.

Anyone who plays/played basketball or any team sport in highschool, college, etc. knows that if you are good and you do not touch the ball you start playing less to your potential. There are a FEW who will continue to play hard.

Marbury, Franchise, heck everyone is just distrubiting the ball everywhere looking for that open shot. This is good basketball and a good offense for this team of people who can score. This also forces players to develop a good chemistry. Zeke is not an idiot when it comes to playing basketball. He is doing the right thing. I'm glad he got rid of the Run and Gun offense for our first 5. I see it working better with our 2nd team because they have a lot more energy especially when playing less minutes and some of them have a chip on their shoulder.

Our biggest weakness right now is DEFENSE. Besides the wizards game we have not shown any sort of defense.

jimkcchief88

All Star
ur surprised????

Haven't had a chance to see a game yet save the highlights, but I can tell by the posts how the "starbury"/francis backcourt is going. I guess we no national coverage this year. I think they play the Bulls this month so I'll get to see the disaster first hand. Anyone that knows diddley about hoops should have figured out that two undersized ballhogs who won't play defense cannot co-exist in the same backcourt. I think watching a year of this will squash the rest of the "starbury" apologists. I guess I'm glad I won't get to see this team play very often because it would just piss me off. Wake me up when we get a real coach and the dead weight is cut.