starting line up when jefferies gets back....

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
isiah is going have a lil jam when jefferies get back, my opinion the starting line up should be......

PG - Marbury/nate/francis
SG - Ricardson/crawford/francis
SF - Jefferies/balkman
PF - Frye/lee/rose
C - Curry/james

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
PG Marbury/ Robinson
SG Francis/ Crawford
SF Jeffries/ Richardson/Balkman
PF Frye/ Lee
C Curry/ James

Unless a trade occurs anytime soon...I think this should be the starting lineup. When Marbury and Francis can play to their full ability then they are hard to stop. Problem is they are both playing too unselfish and we're putting the ball in less capable hands. Marbury and francis are our two best offensive options on the team, problem is that they aren't getting the shots...JC and Q-Rich are. If we can get the ball in the rightful hands and then francis and marbury become aggressive, then its a wrap. Besides nate and JC provide instant energy off the bench and make the starters better by putting heat on these vets.

metrocard

Legend
Richardson is OUR best player, why should Jefferies who just came from an injury?

Our lineup should be

Crawford
Robinson
Balkman
Lee
Curry

Bench
Francis
Robinson
Jeffries
Collins

Streetz

Rookie
i think Crawford should start at point guard and marbury should move to Shooting guard.

Pg. Crawford
Sg. Marbury
Sf. Richardson
Pf. Frye
C. Curry

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11302006/sports/knicks/hip__hip__curry__knicks_marc_berman.htm

Thomas gave a strong indication that even when Jared Jeffries returns, Richardson will stay in the starting lineup at shooting guard with either Steve Francis or Stephon Marbury (13 points, 5 assists) heading to the bench. Thomas' edict of this being Curry's team has, Thomas admitted, created waves among the perimeter players, notably Marbury.

The way that Richardson has been playing proves that he deserves to be in the starting lineup after Jeffries returns. If Jeffries returns before Frye, most likely he will start at PF and Lee will come off the bench. I would prefer Francis to start over Marbury because he is a better rebounder and we can't count on Curry to rebound consistently.

timnakhla

Rookie
The best players should Finish the game period.

To start the game for political reasons:
Marbury
Steve
Jeffries
Frye
Curry

But my lineup for the guys that would actually stay in the game and finish it would be:

g. Crawford/Steve F/Nate
g. Q/Marbury
Sf. Jeffries/Balkman
Pf. Lee/Frye
C. Curry/James

The best players should Finish the game period.

e_D

Benchwarmer
There it no way Q can come off the bench. He's our most consistant player, a great defender, and the LEADER OF THIS TEAM. Q needs to be made the first option. He needs more touches!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
The only reason why I say start Q is because last year we brought him off the bench and he wasn't quite the same player...he could never find his rhythm. The lineup should be:
PG Marbury
SG Q-Rich
SF Jeffries
PF Lee/Frye
C Curry
Only problem with Lee is that his jumper isnt as good as Frye's but his rebounding skills are phenominal. That gives him a nudge over Frye in my book. Bring steve off the bench and let him tear havoc on the second string with crawford. And Isiah can also use the three guard lineup with flexability. Seems like through each game, we are becoming more of a cohesive unit.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
lee shouldnt start, hes the reason why we made all those comebacks, because hes pure energy and hustle off the bench, along with some other players. when jared gets back, we won't give up as much pts as curry and frye will feed off of jeffries's defense. qrich is our best offensive option as of far, so theres no logical reason as to y he should be replaced. marbury and francis can definitly play together and there doesnt seem to be many problems with them starting togetther. but if i were to keep the backcourt to one pg, it'd be francis. thats right, francis. right now marbury should just focus on bringing the ball up and execeuting a couple of plays and leave francis to scoring for the bulk of the game. i cant wait to see 3 seven footers on the floor at the same time...

1-francis
2-richardson
3-jefferies
4-frye
5-curry

e_D

Benchwarmer
I like Ny3nyk's lineup. That's how I'd go. But we all know Marbury is going to get the starts over Francis because of his fragile little ego.

Mano

Rookie
Starting Line Up

I agree with One and Onlys Line up of:

PG Marbury
SG QRichardson
SF Jefferies
PF David Lee
C Curry

second unit should be:

PG Francis
SG Crawford
SF Renaldo Balkman
PF Frye
C Cato or James

Both Marbury and Francis get to be the man in their own units. both are identical players and you can't put the same type of players togehter as they will just counteract each other. Crawford is such a good go to guy and spark off the bench. Marbury and QRich are guys that need to start to build up their games and get their groove going to be comfortable. once those 2 get their confidence up, sky's the limit as QRich showed in their last game against the Cavs. Francis and Crawford can get things going from the get go.
i know NEW York has too much scorers, but both units need a balance of offense and defense and this is probably the best combo for that. Lee gets the start over Frye because of his tough work ethic and rebounding skills, plus his dirty work overmatches frye's. I couldn't care less hwo gets the nod over cato or james, but would like to see get more time at center.
but my main thing is to split Marbury and Francis up. Thats the biggest problem right there.

Mano

Rookie
why do some want Crawford to start at PG??
you have 2 pure point guards in Marbury and Francis and Crawford has proven he shines best at the shooting guard position. what i like about crawford is that he can turn it up whenever the pressure is on and he thrives on this.
and Marbury and Francis can produce the most assists of them all. Play your team to their strengths.

Like i said, you need Marbury and QRich to warm up into their game as they can be reckless on offense so they need to start and get as many minutes possible. Francis can produce on call and can be a wicked combo with Crawford.

if IT settled on a line up instead of tinkering with it all the time like LB did, the players can get used to who's starting or who's not. its different everyday. and what happened to the run and gun attacking offense that was mentioned by IT? now he wants Curry to be the main go to guy.
Thats fine, but make up your mind so the boys can get used to a consistent and balanced line up.

First Unit: Marbury (assists offense), QRich (3's offense), Jared (defense), Lee (rebounds defense), Curry (Offense)

Second Unit: Francis (assists offense), Crawford (3's offense), Balkman (steals rebounds defense), Frye (rebounds offense), Cato (offense defense)

e_D

Benchwarmer
why do some want Crawford to start at PG??
you have 2 pure point guards in Marbury and Francis and Crawford has proven he shines best at the shooting guard position.

I don't know if we can call anyone on our roster a PURE PG, aside from maybe Mardy, but we haven't seen his ass play enough to know for sure!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
PG Marbury
SG Francis
SF Richardson
PF Jeffries
C Curry

I think both Lee and Crawford are better coming off of the bench. As long as Marbury and Francis don't turn over the ball and pass into Cury, starting them shouldn't be a problem once Jeffries is back. They still are the best passers on the squad. Jeffries is the missing link. I think he should continue to start along side Curry. Forget about Frye. Let Fry back up Curry or Jeffries. I'm telling you! The Curry/Jeffries front court is the ticket!

mugili716

Benchwarmer
PG Marbury
SG Francis
SF Richardson
PF Jeffries
C Curry

Thank you i think with marbury, francis, and Q finally gettin some chemistry goin the worst thing we can do is break it now... i'd say keep these guys add jeffreys with curry n we'll be fine...
then off the bench man we'll have

robinson
crawford
balkman
lee
frye

We'll have some fire off the bench and i think we'd run non stop and really take advantage of the other teams with our quikness and speed.

BallHead

Benchwarmer
Jefferies....

I think Q-Rich should start at the 2 or 3 spot no matter what. He's proven that he's a stater. Jefferies is a perimeter defender. The NYK lack perimeter D because we have undersized offensive minded guards, consequently the likes of Balkman and Jefferies is a perfect compliment to the team. Jeffries and B-Man will each give you an average of 5pts -5rbs-1blk per game consistently. Along with that you'll get a whole lot of intangibles like pressure defense, forced turnovers, diving for loose balls, changing shots, pushing the ball, running the floor, etc.

The Knicks' problem is very clear. They need a floor general and they need an enforcer. Which means that either Marbury or Francis has to go because they're both capable filling that role (I happen to think Francis is a better fit). Also they need a starting PF or C to compliment Curry. If Curry is going to be our go to guy in the paint then you can't play Frye alongside him and Jefferies is not the answer. I rember the type of player he was in Washington and he'll be great if he sticks to his role as sf/g and subpar otherwise. If we can flank Curry with a bruiser/blocker/rebounder then you'll see how much more consistently he'll get double-doubles as well as Marbury or Francis.

Then we'll have our big three as Curry/Marbury or Francis/Q-Rich.

After that your energy unit is set. Nate/Crawford/Lee/Balkman/Frye.

Isaiah know this already, he is just working with what he's got right now. Grunwald was brought in to do one thing; trade Marbs or Francis for a complimentary big man.

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think Q-Rich should start at the 2 or 3 spot no matter what. He's proven that he's a stater. Jefferies is a perimeter defender. The NYK lack perimeter D because we have undersized offensive minded guards, consequently the likes of Balkman and Jefferies is a perfect compliment to the team. Jeffries and B-Man will each give you an average of 5pts -5rbs-1blk per game consistently. Along with that you'll get a whole lot of intangibles like pressure defense, forced turnovers, diving for loose balls, changing shots, pushing the ball, running the floor, etc.

The Knicks' problem is very clear. They need a floor general and they need an enforcer. Which means that either Marbury or Francis has to go because they're both capable filling that role (I happen to think Francis is a better fit). Also they need a starting PF or C to compliment Curry. If Curry is going to be our go to guy in the paint then you can't play Frye alongside him and Jefferies is not the answer. I rember the type of player he was in Washington and he'll be great if he sticks to his role as sf/g and subpar otherwise. If we can flank Curry with a bruiser/blocker/rebounder then you'll see how much more consistently he'll get double-doubles as well as Marbury or Francis.

Then we'll have our big three as Curry/Marbury or Francis/Q-Rich.

After that your energy unit is set. Nate/Crawford/Lee/Balkman/Frye.

Isaiah know this already, he is just working with what he's got right now. Grunwald was brought in to do one thing; trade Marbs or Francis for a complimentary big man.

I agree but I think Jefferies should start as Power foward. Jefferies needs a chance to be that bruiser/blocker/rebounder you're talking about because it ant going to be Frye. Frye is good coming off of the bench. I said that last year. He should NOT start. As speacially when Jefferies has more of a defensive presence. But if Jefferies starts at SF then there will be a problem in the backcourt. Thomas is tring to keep it together but it is flooded. Jefferies at SF = a major chemistry problem. It's much easier to bench Frye.

Allen

Benchwarmer
I believe that Jefferies should come off the bench. He shouldn't be an automatic starter. He's coming off from an injury, he should be eased into the rotation slowly. So for now we should keep the starting five as is, since frye is injured as well.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i dunno why people keep insisting on starting marbury. what has he done lately that keeps him starting? francis so far has impressed me and marbury has not. lots more offense comes through francis, and hes better suited for the starting job. if marbury is as devoted to winning as he says he is, he wont have a problem of coming off the bench