GAME THREAD - 11/25/06 - 7:30pm - Knicks vs Bulls

jimkcchief88

All Star
Woo, woo, I'm totally excited cause this will be my first look at the 07' Knicks vs the Bullies tonight!!! The Bulls have high expectations this year with the addition of BBBBBBen Wallace. The Bulls are having early chemistry problems and are having their annual problems during their traditional "circus road trip." I'm sure the Bulls have this game circled as a winnable, so the Knicks will need to carry some momentum from last night into tonights match-up. Look for big games from Eddie Curry and Jamal who should have something to prove against the Bulls. The Bullies have dangerous players in Andres Nocioni, Lual Dang, and the new Knick killer Ben Gordan. Hopefully we see a big game out of Stevie Franchise, as Iverson torched the Bulls for 40 last night and exposed their defense as succeptible to players with exceptional quickness and scoring ability. The Garden will be a rockin' when the Bullies come a knockin'!!!! This is still a big rivalry game and our Knicks need to bring their "A" game and get a winning streak going in this young season!!!

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Let me just add the lineups and info for this game thread :)

This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:30 PM, Saturday, November 25th, 2006
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

knicks_logo.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (5-9)
3099.jpg
3325.jpg
3417.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg

MARBURY---FRANCIS---RICHARDSON---FRYE---CURRY
vs
bulls_logo.gif

CHICAGO BULLS (3-9)
3855.jpg
3710.jpg
3882.jpg
3824.jpg
3149.jpg

DUHON---HINRICH---NOCIONI---DENG---WALLACE

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Bulls Team Stats
BullsTeam Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The knicks really have a chance to win this game. The bulls are not that tough, even with ben wallace, they are still struggling and lost their last 6 games.
Eddy curry will play an important role, he had some problems with better centers like yao ming, and he's not constant. If he can put the same effort as last night, with a lil help from the guards and lee, this could be an easy win.
And the second at MSG

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Think we got a good shot to beat the bulls.Their in trouble at the moment so hopefully we can pile on some misery.Go Kncks!!!

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
This should be an important win for the Knicks. We all know that Chicago has the right to take knicks pick in the upcoming draft. The fans will be ready to boo so the players need to be up for this game. Curry, more than anyone else, need to have an excellent game tonight.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i read in an article that ben didnt collect 1 rebound yesterday, something he hasnt done in 7 years!!! if ben keeps being a non-factor in chicago's defense, and offense, we should have no problems. still, deng gordon hinrich duhon and nocioni are all quick and can light it up so playing defense is stressed a little more in this game.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Game's about to start. Who doesn;t get MSG can see the game on sopcast, channel 13081

rady

Administrator
Staff member
1st quarter ended with a 6 point lead for the Bulls. Not a great start for the Knicks who had 7 turnovers in the first part
2nd quarter going on right now, bulls still leading 34-23

jimkcchief88

All Star
After finally see our Knicks play, here is my post-game evaluation: How can a team with this many guards commit that many turnovers??? Answer, none are pure point guards. A guards responsibilty is to take care of the ball and get the team into the offense, and the Knicks seem to have no one that can do it. Outside of Balkman, interior defense is terrible. This team is so tragically flawed in its make-up that no coach could have sucess with it. Pictures of Steph riding the pine the whole second half trying to hide under a gym towel: classic. I'll give the team credit for having the heart to make it a game, but the Bulls were on a six game losing streak before tonight. I almost felt sorry for Isiah on the bench before I remembered he put this team together and got LB fired. Most of the members of this team don't deserve to wear the uni. My grade D--

metrocard

Legend
After finally see our Knicks play, here is my post-game evaluation: How can a team with this many guards commit that many turnovers??? Answer, none are pure point guards. A guards responsibilty is to take care of the ball and get the team into the offense, and the Knicks seem to have no one that can do it. Outside of Balkman, interior defense is terrible. This team is so tragically flawed in its make-up that no coach could have sucess with it. Pictures of Steph riding the pine the whole second half trying to hide under a gym towel: classic. I'll give the team credit for having the heart to make it a game, but the Bulls were on a six game losing streak before tonight. I almost felt sorry for Isiah on the bench before I remembered he put this team together and got LB fired. Most of the members of this team don't deserve to wear the uni. My grade D--

Great rid of Marbury, Francis, Curry. They're all turnover prone and useless on defense. They bring more negatives to the roster than positives.

Allen

Benchwarmer
Great rid of Marbury, Francis, Curry. They're all turnover prone and useless on defense. They bring more negatives to the roster than positives.

I agree the team has much more chemistry and fight without Marbury, Francis and Curry.
I think its time we reflect on why Marbury, Francis and Curry were brought here because these guys aren't winning any games for us.

Last edited:

e_D

Benchwarmer
I wish people wouldn't hate on Francis so badly.. Aside from a few charge calls and one or two REALLY bad turnovers, he did a better job getting his teammates involved in the past week than Marbury has all season.

Until Marbury steps up to lead this team, I'm going to sh*t on him.

paris401

Starter
starbury sure did'nt look too happy sitting on the bench... when the knicks made their 4th qtr charge, i saw nate and others screaming/jumping up+down... urging their teamates on...

'towel-head' was sitting on the bench... expression-less...

sure looks like thomas is losing him...

jimkcchief88

All Star
starbury sure did'nt look too happy sitting on the bench... when the knicks made their 4th qtr charge, i saw nate and others screaming/jumping up+down... urging their teamates on...

'towel-head' was sitting on the bench... expression-less...

sure looks like thomas is losing him...

That's my whole point. The guy is not even a team player. He would rather sit and pout than urge on his teamates making a run. And this guy is a team leader and a captain??? Overpaid, uncoachable, malcontent is what this guy is and Isiah is getting a first hand look at his mistake here from the bench.