Who goes first Marbury or Francis?

BallHead

Benchwarmer
Okay, at this point I think it is very clear that Marbs and Franchise aint gonna work. So who do you think will go first, Marbury or Francis?

Even though I think that Marbury may be a slightly better player than Francis his attitude simply out weighs any good he may have to offer. Perhaps he should've eaten some more humble pies and hardwork salads for Thanksgiving. Instead of stewing he should be thinking of ways he can contribute and make this team better. Marb's mentor, confidant, coach and gm is letting him know that he's playing like crap. The difference this year is that IT is not talking but doing; and he has credibility with the team, mgt and the league. IT has already given Jalen Rose his walking papers whom he's known longer and reportedly had a very closer relationship with. Therefore I say that Marbury will be gone soon.

"Money's guaranteed.....Playtime's NOT." Isaiah Thomas
"I'm also the President and I'll give you a pink slip" Isaiah Thomas

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
Okay, at this point I think it is very clear that Marbs and Franchise aint gonna work. So who do you think will go first, Marbury or Francis?

Even though I think that Marbury may be a slightly better player than Francis his attitude simply out weighs any good he may have to offer. Perhaps he should've eaten some more humble pies and hardwork salads for Thanksgiving. Instead of stewing he should be thinking of ways he can contribute and make this team better. Marb's mentor, confidant, coach and gm is letting him know that he's playing like crap. The difference this year is that IT is not talking but doing; and he has credibility with the team, mgt and the league. IT has already given Jalen Rose his walking papers whom he's known longer and reportedly had a very closer relationship with. Therefore I say that Marbury will be gone soon.

exactly where mite he go... who will take him... he is owed 20m for next year and 21m for the year after... he sits on the bench with a towel over his head showing no interest in the TEAM...

so i repeat who is going to take him??

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Francis is doin his best and putting forth some kind of effort,so I think Zeke should try and move Marbury first.As far as Marbury being a slightly better player than Steve,I think it should be "Marbury WAS a slightly better player".Talented,no doubt,but he just isnt what this knick team needs to move forward.Theres no point in Thomas trying to make Steph into something hes not.Asking him to play a different way at this point in his career was allways gonna be a long shot.

Dont need to send them.Just play

I think marbury is the best talented guy in nba .... crossovers , pass , lay ups etc... he's so skilled guy but in this team they cant play because there isnt a team chemistry . I think there is a wrong with İsiah thomas . Starbury cant play with franchise but they are starting in first five .A coach should set up the star players but isiah cant do that .Steve , marbury they are really skilled stars so ı think that they just should use them what they like.

You will see if marbury play good , NYK will go to up.And there is no reason to send them.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Logically, we need to move the guards. That's been my point of view sense we got Francis. The backcourt isn't working and Marbury is not scoring. However, Marbury is distributing the ball. 10 assists IS distributing. The problem is that the Knicks do not have that so called franchise player that can put the team on his back during crunch time. They never will have that player if they keep Marbury/Francis together. Isiah really screwed this team up. He's not even capable of coaching the squad he put together. The trade thing is a good idea but not realistic. We are stuck with these guys. The only ones that can be traded are Frye, Lee, Robinson, Crawford, Richardson and Rose. May be... MAY BE, Minny will take Marbury but that's a long shot. If we want any one worth a crap we'd trade some of the guys I named. I would restructure this team, surrounding it around Curry, Jefferies and an unnamed point guard. I'd prefer Baron Davis. I still believe Curry can be consistant if he has a rebounder like Jefferies at PF and the ball constantly coming to him.

Normally i would say Marbury should stay. But at this point, it seems like Francis is playing like he wants to be playing. Marbury seems like he really doesn't care anymore.. Playing in his hometown as become another failure... :gony:

Of course we would like to trade one or even both players but were forgetting, who would take these players. They are both over 30 and on the decline with massive contracts. People are not blind they see how bad both "starbury" and "franchise" are performing as well as their negative attitudes. There are only very few teams that can take on those contracts and the only thing we would get back is more garbage.

Mano

Rookie
Marbury or Francis

Marbury should stay. His heart is in New York and the Coney Island boy was born and bred here. a lot has to be said for a guy who plays for his hometown. Francis is the Starbury killer. Remove Francis and Marbury will get his stats combined with his own. Francis and Marbury are friends so there has been no heat....yet. I bet swirling in Marbury's mind, Francis must go for him to be the main man scorer. There almost identical players. Plus Francis came later and is just a journeyman. the only reason his journey stopped is cos he's still trying to find a home. Marbury found his and just needs to kick francis out the dor. what happened to Francis being trade bait anyway? another goof up by IT?
Yeah go ahead and let Curry be the main go to guy now, whats wrong with a Marbury Curry weapon? just like a Shaq Wade? i know it's not as good but its a good start for NY.

anyway my starting line up would be Marbury, Crawford, Jefferies, David Lee and Curry

Second unit: Nate Robinson, Francis, QRich, Balkman, Frye

just doesn't work with too many scorers out there in one line up which is the problem with New York and Marbury not getting stats. Balance it out with defenders like jefferies and workhorses like David Lee keeping Curry and Marbury as main options and crawford as backup clutch sounds good.
That way you can let Francis and QRich lead the second unit as the main force.
but the bottom line is to balance the offense with the defense.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Of course we would like to trade one or even both players but were forgetting, who would take these players. They are both over 30 and on the decline with massive contracts. People are not blind they see how bad both "starbury" and "franchise" are performing as well as their negative attitudes. There are only very few teams that can take on those contracts and the only thing we would get back is more garbage.

Excellent point!
We need to be more realistic about making trades suggestions. Trade Curry and Marbury for a big man? Name him! Who! That's the problem with this topic. It's easy to say a player is not playing to their potential and is over paid. It is not as easy to name a solid trade. I haven't even read any thing that comes close to a realistic trade for Marbury. Some one name it.