Looks like Marbury got his way..

e_D

Benchwarmer
All the pouting under the towel has worked in his favor apparently.. Increased minutes, especially in the crunch. What does it result in? More FG attempts (mostly misses) and only 10 minutes of playtime for Nate, one of our offensive sparkplugs. We needed some of that offense and energy tonight against Chicago in the 4th, and what we got instead was a bunch of ice cold Marbricks.

Thanks Starbury (or Isiah)!

amilion

Benchwarmer
I live in florida so I can't watch the game but i go on nba.com and look at the play by play. I am one of the most avid knick fans out there but I have to agree with you on this one. He had about 5 turnovers in this game and shot horrifically from the free throw line. He had 4 assists and shot 2-13 from the field. I don't know what it takes for him to play like the marbury of old....maybe he just can't be that guy anymore. He plays with no heart. He didn't prove himself tonight so why did isiah play him for 40 minutes? I thought he said that if he feels you're not playing, you'll get benched. It hurts everytime I see the score at the end of a game and have to look at their record....especially when I'm surrounded by these so called heat "fans" who didn't exist a few years ago. We have the potential to be something good especially in our division and conference....what is it gonna take????

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
It going to take more patience. With Francis starting to play better, we can only hope Garnett Lobbies for Steph to return to Minnesota. Other than that we're stuck with the personnel we've got now.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Marbury seems to be lacking his explosiveness this season. He settles for jumpshots way too much, and when he does drive, I think I've seen him get rejected more this season than I have his past seasons in NY combined. Even tonight when he did make a strong move to the rim, the ball didn't drop for him.

He's either not trying, not healthy, has terrible luck, or ran into age like a truck hitting a brick wall at 70.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Marbury had great looks at the basket but his confidence is shot and would relate to his poor shooting performance - same thing happened to Frye earlier in the season.
I think he showed that he can play within the offense and with Francis in the backcourt.
Normally when he drives to the basket - his layups fall but without that confidence - second guessing causes him to mistime and ultimately brick them.

I hope he works on his shooting asap.
Once he gets that back - the knicks will be ready to rumble!

metrocard

Legend
Remember when Isiah brought Marbury here? He was suppose to be the "answer" to everything. Isiah was supposed to build around him. Seemed like that planned failed miserable.

Guess who Phoneix got when they traded Marb's contract for expiring deals? Q-Rich and Nash.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
Look guys marb's not goin anywhere...instead of doggin on him so much we need to just face the fact he's stuck here.. but last night he made a few mistakes but in the 3rd he kept us in there against the raptors.. he seems to be doin much better at the two with franchise at a one.. i think once our two big guys frye and jeffries get back we'll be a lot better and it will help us out a whole lot..