Iverson Traded To Knicks????

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Well the NEWS has arrived-- Allen Iverson "THE ANSWER"
has DEMANDED to be traded.....

Do you think the KNICKS should trade for A.I? If so then how???

Let me be the first to say that the KNICKS at this point could use man of skill level without a doubt and here are some reasons why: He can really stabilize the 2 guard even though he is not 6'4" or higher. I figure 30 points from the 2 guard will help tremendously plus he is a foul magnet and can get to line all day on anyone. He is also defensive minded oh yes! --- then how would you explain his success with larry brown going to the finals and one more note even KG said he wants AI and I agree the KNICKS want him too.

the Knicks could offer the 1st rounder of 07 and/or '08 and a Jamal crawford/or steve francis or nate robinson and Jerome james

:thumbsup: :gony:

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i will iverson and (guard who stays) play well, and will they start together? \ i dunno about this trade. if we do it, we'll still stuck with 2 undersized guards, because theres no way we can give away marbury and francis unless a third team is involved. heres a possible scenario:

francis, crawford and maybe throw in a pick for iverson and ollie. its pretty simple. philly gets a good pg in return and some offense from crawford. we get 30+ more points a night.

marbury, iverson, jeffries, frye, curry. pretty good in my opinion...

Starks

Starter
Ok. This thread needs to be terminated RIGHT NOW!!!!!! Iverson will not be a Knick, plain and simple. End of story. Sorry. So lets move on.

He said himself he wants to go to Minnesota. And even if Iverson didn't have a preferance, there is no way in hell he would want to taint his career by coming to NY.

besides, Iverson is exactly the type of player this team should learn to stay away from. A superstar nontheless, but not anything that would help the team. The only thing he would do is stunt Curry, Lee and Frye's growth. But on the bright side, maybe some fans would come back to the garden out of curiosity.

If I were Billy King, I'd send Iverson to Minnesota for Mike James and Randy Foye.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
This is the silliest thread I've read to date. How would the Knicks land Iverson, pray tell? Stop the insanity....NOW!

ny3nyk

Rotation player
theres no truth to this thread, its just a "what if " situation. wouldnt suprise me if knick-iverson rumors come up though...

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
For those that object the notion of AI to NY just think of the financial aspect for moment. With NYK cap relief of the verge, plus having an AI is more attractive for future free agents VIA KG/LB/to come here and a better sale to the fans than francis/marbury combo even with nate or crawford.

NYKnicks20

Benchwarmer
This is the silliest thread I've read to date. How would the Knicks land Iverson, pray tell? Stop the insanity....NOW!

Who uses the word pray tell? That got me thinking more than this bogus trade idea... anyway, trade wont happen. Period.

os2wiz

Rookie
Well the NEWS has arrived-- Allen Iverson "THE ANSWER"
has DEMANDED to be traded.....

Do you think the KNICKS should trade for A.I? If so then how???

Let me be the first to say that the KNICKS at this point could use man of skill level without a doubt and here are some reasons why: He can really stabilize the 2 guard even though he is not 6'4" or higher. I figure 30 points from the 2 guard will help tremendously plus he is a foul magnet and can get to line all day on anyone. He is also defensive minded oh yes! --- then how would you explain his success with larry brown going to the finals and one more note even KG said he wants AI and I agree the KNICKS want him too.

the Knicks could offer the 1st rounder of 07 and/or '08 and a Jamal crawford/or steve francis or nate robinson and Jerome james

Wrong trade baot, I would offer Marbury, Channing Frye, and Nate. We still would need to acquire a true point guard.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
idk i think its actually possible. it would be great to have him here but only if we get rid of francis or steph in the process. theres no way u could have steph, steve, iverson, and curry out there together it would just be impossible to move the ball. also this may make curry regress again which is NOT what we need. it would be cool to have a.i, but not really benefital in the long run i believe.

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Let me add that anyone we can provide in a trade to get AI we should. Has Iverson ever played with a center like Eddy Curry ??? well we can see from the BUCKS game Curry put up 36 pts and 9 rebs 3 blks 2 stl
at this time he is the BEST CENTER in the EAST
all he has to do is keep on trucking with that killa 60% FG a game
I am all for the MSG loyal fans to chant "A.I, A.I, A.I" or like tonight they chant " Eddy, Eddy, Eddy"

AI has the answer we been looking for " a 2nd scoring option" besides to curry
think for a sec how can teams try to double team either AI or Curry at the same time
very hard tandem to deal with it could get up there with the likes of SHAQ/WADE, DUNCAN/PARKER, STOUDAMIRE/NASH, MCGRADY/YAO
You get my point

as far fetch as it initially sounds, it makes sense to get AI
the knicks can then say they to have 2 ALLSTARS like those teams have

GET THE TRADE DONE!

its better than what we have already:aplause: :peace:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Thomas said he liked the team he had and wasn't interested in Philadelphia's Allen Iverson .

Let's be real, why would we need a player like iverson? Don't we already have 2 overpaid guards? Why bring another one?

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
:update: I have come to decision that we dont need AI.:agreed:

I want to give actually credit to Marbury for being unselfish as a player this year. Knowing full well the fan would has have an adverse feedback about the subject when we all know he has all the physical tools you need in a hall of fame point guard`especially from NY.:gony: :peace: :thumbsup:

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer

The Knicks cannot offer there first round pick because that still belongs to the Bulls form last season for Curry. They offer there first round pick for 2 draft last season.
But as for a answer to your question: I would trade Marbury, Jerome, and Mardy Collins

very hard tandem to deal with it could get up there with the likes of SHAQ/WADE, DUNCAN/PARKER, STOUDAMIRE/NASH, MCGRADY/YAO
You get my point

Yo, you gotta let me get what you're smokin on to compare eddy curry with the likes of TD, Shaq and even the other two.

I'm in full support of getting Iverson. He's the greatest player in the post jordan era (Yeah i said it, he never had a Shaq, sorry KB8/24) and who wouldn't want that. Now to get him it would take starbury, Malik Rose, channing Frye, and Quentin Richardson. However they would probably want Franchise instead of Steph for Financial and practical reasons. but either way it would need to happen, and i think Iverson and Marbury work well together. '01 All-star game anyone?

Starks

Starter
Iverson would have worked if we never traded for Stephon a few years ago.

If we didn't trade for Francis, then maybe and just maybe it could work.

Oh well. This is why you have to be careful when making trades. I hear even Rashad Lewis is available.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I do not know how true this is

Allen Iverson is heading to New York several sources are confirming. The deal, which has yet to be officially announced or confirmed by either team, is said to include Kyle Korver and Kevin Ollie along side Iverson in exchange for Steve Francis and Jamal Crawford.

can anyone else confirm this?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
An even worse scenario would be the one suggested by espn:
Another team that can't be totally dismissed is the New York Knicks, who are in the unique position of being able to take back both Iverson and Chris Webber in a trade. Because the salaries of Iverson and Webber add up to nearly $38 million, the Knicks would have to offer at least $30.4 million worth of contracts back -- a total that could be reached with a package of Steve Francis, Quentin Richardson, Malik Rose and Channing Frye.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2693389