• Marbury and Frye

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • All 5 players.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
In yesterday's paper, Iverson asked Philly to be traded after one game. All of teams is trying to aquire him. Like Warriors, Rockets, Kings, etc. But Isiah is trying to put his hands on him too. The 76ers are putting Webber in the deal also. Knicks are stating they want to trade Stephon Marbury,Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson, and Channing Frye for Iverson and Webber.
But the question is: Why all those players for just one All-Star and a big man? I don't think it take 5 players to get Iverson.

Trin_Starr

Starter
i dont think isiah will let AI play his normal game here. Steph is more receptive to Isiah's demand of giving up the ball more often - AI is even more of a ballhog than Marbury - so Isiah and AI may well end up killing each other.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Daily News:
"I like my team," Thomas said. "I like my players. I like just the way we are. And I'm not looking to change anything. We're just looking to get healthy."
http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5967/isiahs-answer-is-no.html

Newsday:
But attempting to trade for Iverson, who is out of Philadelphia one way or another, not only would be unrealistic - the 76ers have no interest in the contracts the Knicks would benefit most from moving, those of Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis - but foolish.
http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5964/iverson-would-only-add-to-knicks-mess.html

New York Post:
Thomas, who didn't want to go into detail about a player on another team, illustrated he has a lot of respect for the 31-year-old Iverson.
http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5957/iverson-not-ny-answer.html

----------------

Niow who ever said AI wants to come to NYwhen the Knicks are not even on the rumor talk?

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Cant see anyway that Iverson ends up a knick.Philly would be insane to take on some of our contracts.Webbers contract is expiring,so getting him might not be a bad thing,but from a team perspective,i think zeke telling Marbury to be less selfish,then looking to acquire a guy who shoots like Iverson would kinda be a bit hypocriical on his part.Basically go for webber,passon iverson.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
PLEASE ISIAH, DONT STUNT CURRY!!! iverson would do exactly that to curry and that is the last thing we need. sam dalembart was supposed to be a really good center but hasnt done anything with iverson and i dont think curry would either. getting c-webb would be perfect as he is a great passing big man to get it to eddy. also wouldnt clog up to much space out there and can score the ball well when curry is off. with his expiring contract and ablilities, he would be perfect for the knicks.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! curry is playing like a beast and we dont need anything to suddenly disrupt team chemistry!!!! curry is finally playing like how we wanted him to play from day damn 1!!! we're almost out of the seas of cap hell, and we're getting a combined 150 mil. contracts. this is a perfect example of a well known quote:

"IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT"

NYKnicks15

Starter
That trade will never happen. Please dont report personal feelings or hunches as breaking news.

First of all those contracts do not equal out. not even close actually. and why would AI and Webber want to be on the same team?

If any deal goes down for both of them it would only take Francis, Richardson, Malik Rose and Channing Frye.. AND even then I wouldnt do it.

We have the assets to get Iverson, true.
And even Webber. But trading away valuable assets for big names is something I'm against especially if the tandem we trade for are proven losers together.