Isiah isn't a bad coach

metrocard

Legend
He may be the worst GM in the NBA, but I'm satified with the way he has our players playing this season. We're playing a gritty style that the Pacers played under Isiah. Also, Isiah's subsitution patterns are consistant, and not on and off like Larry Brown's last year. Isiah isn't doing the best job, but he hasn't been terrible as a coach this year. I just hope he increases Balkman's and Lee's minutes, they make the game very easy for Curry. With Marbury/Richardson in the backcourt, we have a legit starting 5 right there with an offense of Crawford, Robinson, Fyre, Francis, and Jefferies being the all around man, things aren't so bad when you win games.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Talk about a flip flopper. Let me guess you were against Thomas before you were for him right? You are not a rational thinker. I'd have more respect for you if you stayed on the hate wagon or admitted that you were wrong and the path that we're on is the right one. So he's not a bad coach but 48 hours ago you thought he should be fired? Well he can't coach the team if he's fired can he. So which one is it flip flopper. So two small wins and you're a believer You're not an Isiahsexual are you QUEER.

Last edited:

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
He may be the worst GM in the NBA, but I'm satified with the way he has our players playing this season. We're playing a gritty style that the Pacers played under Isiah. Also, Isiah's subsitution patterns are consistant, and not on and off like Larry Brown's last year. Isiah isn't doing the best job, but he hasn't been terrible as a coach this year. I just hope he increases Balkman's and Lee's minutes, they make the game very easy for Curry. With Marbury/Richardson in the backcourt, we have a legit starting 5 right there with an offense of Crawford, Robinson, Fyre, Francis, and Jefferies being the all around man, things aren't so bad when you win games.
I bet if we lost our last two games you would of still been on the ''I hate Isiah Thomas'' band wagon as a coach and as a GM. Now just because we go on a two game win streak your a fan of his coaching skills now... Next week if we go on a losing streak are your gay hormones gonna urge you to hate him you two faced scum bag...

metrocard

Legend
Talk about a flip flopper. Let me guess you were against Thomas before you were for him right? You are not a rational thinker. I'd have more respect for you if you stayed on the hate wagon or admitted that you were wrong and the path that we're on is the right one. So he's not a bad coach but 48 hours ago you thought he should be fired? Well he can't coach the team if he's fired can he. So which one is it flip flopper. So two small wins and you're a believer You're not an Isiahsexual are you QUEER.

Flip Flopper? I never took back anything I said. Isiah has made TERRIBLE GM decisions, theres no denying that. I don't respect from an Isiahsexual and a non Knick fan.

NYK Way, you can bet, perdict, but you won't say anything with reason or logic assuming or predicting things. Stay on the present and reality. Its not because we won two games, we're the best rebounding team in the NBA. Isiah has these guys playing hard, and I respect that. The two wins have nothing to do with this. Especially since those wins were clutch wins by a small margins, you wouldn't even be talking about those games if we lost them. We lead the NBA in rebounding, we play gritty tough basketball. Isiah isn't the best COACH, but he isn't a bad coach is my point. Stop getting so butt hurt because I've exposed Isiah in a couple of other threads. I've been against Isiah Thomas since he traded for Marbury, its not bandwagon kid.

Anyway, back to basketball discussion. We will improve if we SUBTRACT and play with a core group of players.

Players that be should subtracted
Francis
James
Rose
Crawford

^ That way Marbury can play his game without worrying about Crawford or Francis overdribbling.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i wouldnt say hes a shit gm or coach. I never doubted him because of the situation scott layden left for him. Like i sed in another post layden left him with an overaged, overpayed, undersized team and now we have a young athletic talented overpayed group of players. People knock the nazr m trade, well we got shallow water (lee) out of it. Curry is turning into a force (another citicized trade), nate and q rich for kurt thomas was a good trade, thomas is gettin older now. I think that trade really hurt us last year but are big guys are starting to look better on defense, even suprisingly channing frye The only moves i dont like of isiah is the signing of jerome james and antonio davis's expiring contract for jalen rose. The steve francis deal was larry browns fualt from what they say but i really hope the knicks can continue to win games to make all those isiah haters shut the f*** up!!! Im sick of hearing it and hopefully the knicks can put an end to it.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
He is a one of the best GMs as for evaluating talent. I admit that he let acquire talent get to him. Like the acquistion of Marbury. But Francis trade wasn't his idea. And hiring Brown was his idea. Dumars warned him of that but Dolan wanted him. If he from the beginning became GM and coach we would be much better off right now. We are a year behind because of Brown.

paris401

Starter
He is a one of the best GMs as for evaluating talent. I admit that he let acquire talent get to him. Like the acquistion of Marbury. But Francis trade wasn't his idea. And hiring Brown was his idea. Dumars warned him of that but Dolan wanted him. If he from the beginning became GM and coach we would be much better off right now. We are a year behind because of Brown.

what about lenny wilkens and herb... those two don't count???

George M.

Benchwarmer
No Don Chris,YOU ARE QUEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
That's right. But he not only listens but he's flexible with his players unlike Larry Brown. Brown is a garbage coach for new age talent. You have one of the most athletic teams in the league yet he still insists of running strictly a half court offense. Doesn't seem like a good coach to me...

Isiah good coach good GM

I know Im gonna get ripped apart for this and it is definetely a minority position, but I think Isiah has done a good job turning this club around this year. Our record isnt as solid as any of us would like, but these guys play their asses off night in and night out...aside from the Knickerbrawler incident...I love their tenacity, their teamwork and i dont know what he is feeding Curry but man if he continues to play like that Isiah is going to look like a genius. What about his move to trade a washed up old Kurt Thomas in exchange for Q (where would we be right now without him in the beginning of the year ) and Nate who has the potential of being a great NBA player. Not a bad move there. Also, Francis for Ariza?? are you kidding me? that is a phenomenal move there. It may have clouded the backcourt but man having too much talent is not a bad problem to have. If we can get Francis, Marbs and Crawford healthy and on the court at once there aint no way you can guard all three of those playmakers. Please, dont give me well we're way over the cap business...we're NY...that never mattered...and finally...with our fair share of shooters and playmakers, Isiah was GENIUS in drafting the little known Balkman from SC because he is a hustler, a defender and exactly what we need. David Lee two years ago at number 30 aint lookni too bad either. Give the guy more credit. It's going to be tough. We've sucked for a while now but I think this team with its blend of veterans and young players can really make a push in a weak Atlantic division. Look at the year we're having and we're in what second place...? Imagine if we can get it together

Knicks-player

Benchwarmer
I agree in most of it...I'm not sure about the Balkman draft when Marcus Williams was still undrafted...I know he's a PG but you can use him for a nice trade...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I know Im gonna get ripped apart for this and it is definetely a minority position, but I think Isiah has done a good job turning this club around this year. Our record isnt as solid as any of us would like, but these guys play their asses off night in and night out...aside from the Knickerbrawler incident...I love their tenacity, their teamwork and i dont know what he is feeding Curry but man if he continues to play like that Isiah is going to look like a genius. What about his move to trade a washed up old Kurt Thomas in exchange for Q (where would we be right now without him in the beginning of the year ) and Nate who has the potential of being a great NBA player. Not a bad move there. Also, Francis for Ariza?? are you kidding me? that is a phenomenal move there. It may have clouded the backcourt but man having too much talent is not a bad problem to have. If we can get Francis, Marbs and Crawford healthy and on the court at once there aint no way you can guard all three of those playmakers. Please, dont give me well we're way over the cap business...we're NY...that never mattered...and finally...with our fair share of shooters and playmakers, Isiah was GENIUS in drafting the little known Balkman from SC because he is a hustler, a defender and exactly what we need. David Lee two years ago at number 30 aint lookni too bad either. Give the guy more credit. It's going to be tough. We've sucked for a while now but I think this team with its blend of veterans and young players can really make a push in a weak Atlantic division. Look at the year we're having and we're in what second place...? Imagine if we can get it together

Well I guess I in the minority position with you because I agree with every part of that. Most people don't like francis because he takes minutes from marbury. Now I am a believer that he should come off the bench because he does take an effect on marbury's play. If we can get a rotation of those three going in and out with nate-rob playing some spot minutes...whose going to have a better guard roation than us? Surround these guards with the hustle of Lee, Jeffries, and Balkman and the presence of Eddy...then we're on to the playoffs.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
kurt thomas might had been gettin older when we traded him, but he wasnt washed up. We missed him last year but i think the team has moved on now and has other guys to play good defense. I was all for the trade when it happened and i still am now, but im just sayin that i dont think he was washed up and even now hes still a good defender and rebounder.

Allen

Benchwarmer
Well I guess I in the minority position with you because I agree with every part of that. Most people don't like francis because he takes minutes from marbury. Now I am a believer that he should come off the bench because he does take an effect on marbury's play. If we can get a rotation of those three going in and out with nate-rob playing some spot minutes...whose going to have a better guard roation than us? Surround these guards with the hustle of Lee, Jeffries, and Balkman and the presence of Eddy...then we're on to the playoffs.

The best starting five in the east in the last couple of years were Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Wallace and Wallace. When these 5 were on nobody and I do mean nobody could touch them. This group of Knicks have a long way to go before they play up to their level.

The Francis trade still sucks no matter how you look at it.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
But that's why I mentioned that we have one of the best guard rotations instead of saying the entire starting lineup. I agree we are far from the pistons lineup. Then again...what made that lineup unstoppable was ben wallace's D. Now they are definitely touchable. Talent-wise we might have one of the most potent teams in the league but it takes more than talent to be present at the promised land when everybody else is at home. Chemistry is the only thing keeping us from constant victories...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
and we got some chemistry goin now, they gonna keep gettin better the more they play like isiah said in the interview last night, we'll see where this knick team is at later in the year when they play pheonix next.