knicks winning with bigger stronger lineups what trades do we need to make

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
knicks are winning when they have large and strong players such as Curry, Lee and Balkman on the floor. This is when the knicks control the rebounds, Marbury controls the ball, and Crawford and QRich play S.G and score a bit for us. I really like this, and most of the time knicks come back with these enegetic players on the court.Then there is our backups like Nate who controls ball well, and will shoot the three, frye who scored 30 points against b-cats and is qulity, Cato good defence, Jeffries when he gets back excellent defence.

Where does Francis and Jerome James, and the couple of other players we have come into it. The answer is they dont , and when Francis and marbury are on the court as well as crawford, it is way to congested. We need to trade these types of players but to who?

paris401

Starter
'never' say 'never' ... but we 'never' will able to trade franchise and james... until the last year of their contract... nobody's going to take these guys..

ny3nyk

Rotation player
with suspensions and injuries, the right players are getting more playing time, being able to produce. come to think of it, the suspensions weren't all a bad thing

NYKnicks15

Starter
I think that's incorrect. Teams will take Francis. Especially if they are desperate or on the hump of being a playoff contender. Now I think as soon as the sale is finalized for Memphis you try to ship Steve Francis to play along Pau Gasol for Eddie Jones and a first rounder.

I think Memphis (with a new owner and new mentality) will jump all over this. As for James, I guess you can attempt to throw him in the loop but itd take another bad contract back or an expiring such as Atkins (but I dont think theyll go for that). They might accept a Brian Cardinal/Eddie Jones for Steve Francis/Jerome James trade. But not sure if theyd throw in a first rounder with that duo of contracts.

I'd personally not try to push it and just get the expiring with a first rounder. Eddie comes off the books and we have two first rounders next season. Alongside side our second rounder.

The rotation of Curry, Cato, Frye, Lee, Balkman, Jeffries, Q, JC and Marbury as well as Nate would be my ideal one. I think regardless of contract we should keep Malik Rose. Moral, leadership, tough defense of mind etc. Hes good to have in the locker room.

Not sure what Isiah wants to do. either cut costs and build like I just mentioned or save up for a superstar near deadline or offseason. Regardless I can see us having one busy deadline.

Oh and I wouldnt rule out a Maggette for Francis deal but thatd be hard to pull off salary wise (because Maggette only makes 7 compared to francis' 15) and rotation wise. It'd mean Balkman would be included OR get less minutes. unless they send JC instead. should be interesting.

paris401

Starter
''I think that's incorrect. Teams will take Francis. Especially if they are desperate or on the hump of being a playoff contender.''

u really got to be desperate to take franchise, and i don't see that he will put a contender over the top... but let's see... u could be rite...

trade

The Knicks should try and trade Francis and James for Juan Dixon and jamaal Magloire from Portland becuz portland would love francis and idk about James......but then we would love Jamaal and dixon would be a throw in guy

seth

Rookie

I agree. I think the suspensions have proven that the 3 and 4 guard lineups aren't nearly as effective as they were supposed to be.

metrocard

Legend
I think that's incorrect. Teams will take Francis. Especially if they are desperate or on the hump of being a playoff contender. Now I think as soon as the sale is finalized for Memphis you try to ship Steve Francis to play along Pau Gasol for Eddie Jones and a first rounder.

I think Memphis (with a new owner and new mentality) will jump all over this. As for James, I guess you can attempt to throw him in the loop but itd take another bad contract back or an expiring such as Atkins (but I dont think theyll go for that). They might accept a Brian Cardinal/Eddie Jones for Steve Francis/Jerome James trade. But not sure if theyd throw in a first rounder with that duo of contracts.

I'd personally not try to push it and just get the expiring with a first rounder. Eddie comes off the books and we have two first rounders next season. Alongside side our second rounder.

The rotation of Curry, Cato, Frye, Lee, Balkman, Jeffries, Q, JC and Marbury as well as Nate would be my ideal one. I think regardless of contract we should keep Malik Rose. Moral, leadership, tough defense of mind etc. Hes good to have in the locker room.

Not sure what Isiah wants to do. either cut costs and build like I just mentioned or save up for a superstar near deadline or offseason. Regardless I can see us having one busy deadline.

Oh and I wouldnt rule out a Maggette for Francis deal but thatd be hard to pull off salary wise (because Maggette only makes 7 compared to francis' 15) and rotation wise. It'd mean Balkman would be included OR get less minutes. unless they send JC instead. should be interesting.

Good post. I would love to acquire Eddie Jone's contract, get a defensive vet with a jumper in return of Francis. We shouldn't trade everyone, but would help the team and help Francis if we let him go.

George M.

Benchwarmer
That trade sounds good!!! He's a defensive 2 guard that has a reliable 3pt shot.It would be exactly the type of 2 guard needed in the starting lineup.PG-Marbury,SG-E.Jones,SF-Q-Rich,PF-J.Jeffries,C-Curry.Totally sound starting lineup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!