GAME THREAD - 12/27/06 - 7:30 PM Knicks vs Pistons

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:30 PM, Wednesday, December 27th, 2006
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

knicks_logo.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (12-18)
3099.jpg
3407.jpg
3609.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg

MARBS---CRAW---JEFFRIES---FRYE---CURRY
vs
pistons_logo.gif

DETROIT PISTONS (17-8)
3174.jpg
3330.jpg
3621.jpg
3006.jpg
3272.jpg

BILLUPS---HAMMILTON---PRINCE---WALLACE---MOHAMMED

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Pistons Team Stats
Pistons Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

Knicks-player

Benchwarmer
We're one victory away from first place in the division: Nets lost to Pistons by one point last night, we need to win !!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I hope they bring it tonight. They usually start off really bad after coming back from a holiday, hopefully steph will feel better too. Come on guys I need good stats for my fantasy league !!!

d2319

Benchwarmer
I Prayed For A Win.....

and God delivered! I was going to cry if they lost. I jumped up so high when fry made the game go in 3OT!!!!! THANK YOU GOD WE REALLY NEEDED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Crawford needs to be named Mr. Big Shot!!!!!

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
wow one of the best nba games EVER, so many turns wen u though the knicks were gonna win the pistons came back and hit that 3 than u though the knicks were gonna loose and they come back and win, marbury 41 pts nice , NOW were gonna take the atlantic divsion

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Where my marbury haters at?? lol Naa but this was a perfectly coached game by the knicks. Isiah did an excellent job but the players probed the world wrong with the effort they played with to defeat the pistons. By the way...where is that Nets fan and the Raptors fan?? lol

Allen

Benchwarmer
Where my marbury haters at?? lol Naa but this was a perfectly coached game by the knicks. Isiah did an excellent job but the players probed the world wrong with the effort they played with to defeat the pistons. By the way...where is that Nets fan and the Raptors fan?? lol

What else can you say but wow. It was a great game. Marbury played his ass off. The question still has to be asked where was this Marbury all of those years ago? If he had stayed with KG and played like this, Minnesota could have won a title a long time ago.

With that said, I'm glad Marbury is continuing his great play. Lets hope he can keep it up.

I know this is really late but I want to congradulate Jason Kidd on getting his 80th career triple-double. Its a great accomplishment for him.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
What else can you say but wow. It was a great game. Marbury played his ass off. The question still has to be asked where was this Marbury all of those years ago? If he had stayed with KG and played like this, Minnesota could have won a title a long time ago.

With that said, I'm glad Marbury is continuing his great play. Lets hope he can keep it up.

I know this is really late but I want to congradulate Jason Kidd on getting his 80th career triple-double. Its a great accomplishment for him.

here come the starbury haterz now saying stephon should be playing like this. i thought we needed charlie ward's style in a pg? this is his style of play. this is why he averaged 20 n 8 throughout his career. between magic and clyde both talking to him u can see he's back. i dont think the east is ready.

but all n all this was a huge win for every player on the team. everyone played their role perfectly. were still undefeated when goin into OT. like i said we can be sittin 1st place going into the new year. bring on PHX and LAC... were more than ready.

oh yea fuk jason kidd

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
WAouuuuuuuu my gosh i'm soooo happy !! thx god Frye made it !
It's been a long time now since my knicks made me as happy as that.
Now it's really becoming interesting, i hope we can through the west coast trip nicely, coz if we did that's gonna be playoff time in april and may !!!

O... and btw, jason who ? ... can't stand the nets.

GO NY GO NY GO

JamesM

Benchwarmer
What a game! Fuck all knicks haterz! Marbury deserves lots of credit.Looks like hes finally turned the corner,lets hope he keeps this up.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
David Lee with his 6th straight double-double :D
anyone knows what the alltime record is?

NYKnicks15

Starter
good win for us. but lets not carried away. im not here to burst anyones bubble but its funny how all the marbury lovers come out when we are winning. dont get me wrong, im a marbury fan and think he is playing great...

but you have to remember he always plays like this. earlier in the season was his first draught in the nba if i can remember correctly. the only difference is now hes playing like this with WINS, CHEMISTRY, and MATURITY... oh and TALENT around him doesnt hurt his cause. Ive been a strong believer in the fact that marbury has never played with a good lineup around him. a lot of you will bring up Minny (but outside of a young KG who was there?) or NJ (not until kidd came did they get Jefferson/Martin etc all he had was Kittles&KVH!) or Pheonix (Marion & Stoudemire didnt break out until late in the year AND when they began to click he was traded because they sank (thanks to Amares injury) not too mention Q-Rich & jJ werent there yet)

good to win im just saying lets not go crazy.

Curry is turning out to be a legitimate big man. Lee is Mr.Cosistent. Frye is being Frye. JC is Clutch and does everything. Balkman & Jeffries are D-toughness and "Me-last" players.. I hate to admit it, but did Isiah actually put a good core of players together? hmm. Now I'll be very interested to see how he deals with Francis and if he puts Q in the guard rotation instead of SF. After I see those two situations dealt with.. i might actually call him a good GM.

but then again, i wont get carried away haha.

OH, and not to tell you "i told you so" but everyone trashed my remark on the fight. I said that this fight, even though i didnt condone it, would spark us. itd bring us together and put a little bark in our step. everyone yelled and said we wouldnt do **** ... welll were 4-1 since then :thumbsup: