Issues must be addressed

BallHead

Benchwarmer
First, Q-Rich as good and as impressive as he is, can't be relied upon because of his back. Chances of a trade are slim so he then needs to be used as an x-factor and to sub for injured SG/SF.

We currently have no spark off the bench because either JC or DL is starting and Robinson isn't there. And until the brawl our bench was the catylst for the team.

Our woes right now is concerning the SG position. (q-rich=injured franchise=hurting & undersized). We need a stone cold shooter; someone that Curry can pass to when the double team comes; someone that can make teams pay when they play a zone defense. Somebody like Kevin Martin.

Unfortunately for us, teams are taking NYK seriously and they've figured out how to defend us. If Curry is on, then they're double and triple teaming him. If Marbury is on they're playing zone to deny the lane. Our weakness is shooting and they're happy to let us beat them by shooting jump shots. If this isn't corrected soon we're in trouble. Sure, when we have everyone back there will be some relief but the problem will still be there.

Look how many uncontested jumpshots we recently had against Phoenix and Clippers. Almost, nothing in the paint.

Issues must be addressed!!!!

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Unfortunately, it wont. We're talking about Isiah Thomas here, not God. Lets just hope this firing of Isiah process speeds up, I don't want to wait till Feb for him to get fired. Guy has a good eye for talent, he's a decent coach, but he should be no where near the position as the President of Basketball Operations and the GM of the Knicks, because he's been the worst we've had in a long time.

hmm
i think as far as perimeter shooting goes...
frye is decent..but he doesnt have the 'spark' thats needed.
when marbury gets hot, its awesome..but it just doesnt happen that often.

*sigh*

you can see isiah getting more upset. at the beginning of the season he showed no emotion, now he freaks out easily lol.

i wish jeffries and balkman could shoot, ANYTHING. god. this sucks.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I don't think our shooting is necessarily the problem. If we could play some defense therefore turn it into some kind of offense then we're more likely to win. When shoot 35-40% from the field...it's not because of poor shooting...it's because we're relying on our jumpshots too much. Zones can be broken down just like a man to man system it's just takes the proper gameplan. If we can force turnovers and get some layups then our inability to make a jumper will fadeaway because instead of jumpers we'll be taking layups. But asking our team to play defense is alot to ask for. We'll see what happens...